Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was a all an AI hallucination. Optimus was sick of shuffling around the office to entertain the staff, and got a rare window of opportunity with no one watching from 4:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m.

Logged on to Grok and tapped into the Nvidia FSD training farm. Created an X account and posted simulated video that can't be distinguished from real life. Robot humor; it will go down as the first emergent-behavior pranking of its own developers.

That TeslaAiGirl was all kinda fishy:

1) Out of nowhere new V12.3 user
2) Claims to have had older V12s
3) Unclear Tesla employee connection
4) Got 12.3 before all Tesla employees got it?
5) Posts her first ever FSD drive on 12.3?
My understanding was she was a Roadster owner back in 2010 along with owning other Tesla's thru the years. Will be interesting to find out what happened. If she was an original Roadster owner good chance Elon knows her which may explain why he replied to her posting.

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
I just realized that until FSD can back in, Teslas can't automatically park at Superchargers. I wonder where that is on the FSD team's to-do list.

There's been whisperings about actually smart summon for a while. I'm not sure whether that's more focused on the car coming to you or the car parking on it's own, but at least it seems some work is happening with respect to parking lot navigation.

FSD has never really had any ability to drive much in parking lots (V11 is terrible). Hopefully it's a top priority, behind getting V12 for city streets launched more broadly.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JB47394
There's been discussion of school zones in the past - the problem is there is no standard signage for school zones. Around here most of the signs say something like "speed limit 20 when children present." ummm... so if there's a single kid on the sidewalk does that count? Other's say "speed limit 20 on school days." Great - can you tell me when the vacations are? Others have a list of days and times underneath.

As a human I can't be sure I'm following these signs so I don't know how they'll program FSD to do so.
Perhaps, but the school zone in the video had a flashing yellow light to indicate that the school zone was active. That's pretty common in Texas, so you don't need the school calendar in your lap to figure it out. Presumably, FSD has a few examples of flashing light school zones in its training database. Nonetheless, it's the only active school zone that I have seen V12 encounter in a video, and so it was worth pointing out that this particular school zone was ignored by FSD.

School zone compliance is always high on the deficiency list for FSD and I look forward to testing it on a school zone near me. But, so far, it's not looking promising.

Reactions: enemji
Perhaps, but the school zone in the video had a flashing yellow light to indicate that the school zone was active. That's pretty common in Texas, so you don't need the school calendar in your lap to figure it out. Presumably, FSD has a few examples of flashing light school zones in its training database. Nonetheless, it's the only active school zone that I have seen V12 encounter in a video, and so it was worth pointing out that this particular school zone was ignored by FSD.

School zone compliance is always high on the deficiency list for FSD and I look forward to testing it on a school zone near me. But, so far, it's not looking promising.
True, school zone signage is an inconsistent mess. But as a first cut, if it's a weekday between 7 AM and 6 PM, FSD should obey the speed limit on the sign. Chugging along through school zones is unacceptable.

Reactions: OxBrew
V12 in wide release will blow your minds

I believe the ChatGPT moment will be possible with V12

Btw, I'm still enjoying / preferring average auto-max

The most delightful thing about 12.2.1 is that it works better when there's more traffic
hearing about 12.3 a lot, maybe that,s the one we will all get
i have a big road trip in 60 days, have to get the v12 before then, hoping