Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I see that 12.3 is on 2023.44.30.25.

I am on 2024.2.7. Does it mean that I have to wait until 12.3 catches up to the 2024 branche?
I have no idea why they upgraded me last week to 2024.2.7. I have been on the normal FSD branch since the big push in October a few years ago (the button, safety score group). I have never been pushed to a version farther than what the FSD branch was on until this update.

I have no idea why they upgraded me last week to 2024.2.7. I have been on the normal FSD branch since the big push in October a few years ago (the button, safety score group). I have never been pushed to a version farther than what the FSD branch was on until this update.
I was feeling pretty bummed out I didn’t get it in my car yet but you fixed it for me. Thanks.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Two items of note today:
1) For the first time ever on FSD Beta the fire signal near my house did not cause the car to slow down (4 flashing yellow lights)
2) While in the #1 lane, at a red light, the visualization kept highlighting the left turn light in blue, then the main lanes lights, then back again. The problem was that when the main lanes lights changed to green the car didn't move because the left turn light was still highlighted and red. Had to push accelerator to get going.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
I got it in Texas this morning. North of Houston area. I'm on vacation with family so only have about 10 miles on it. First impressions very positive. Still makes some mistakes but feels like a major improvement. This is something I'd actually use as more than a gimmick. Kinda what I hoped for back in the beginning of the safety score based admittance.

Edit for a few quick extra details

-Overall very smooth

-It does take off kinda quickly from stop lights, not sure if I like it or dislike it

-Had a perfect right on red where it yielded to oncoming cars and then moved confidently

-Stop sign behavior was awesome for me. Came to a stop and immediately moved when it was our turn. I intervened at 99.99% of stop signs in the past, but it did 8-10 fine this morning.

-Lane selection better, not perfect still. Corrects itself smoothly when possible even if late

Last edited:
These videos of yours are very unfortunate. On one hand it is good to let people know this can happen, so they don’t die. On the other hand, the Tesla-employee lurkers here will see it and halt the 12.3 rollout for “retraining,” which I don’t want. Tough call!
Yeah, I get that and would feel exactly the way you do if I didn't have V12. I was really eager to get V12.

But it's a careful what you wish for situation. I would REALLY like to go back to V11.4.9. This drive is now stressful and takes longer due to the car driving slowly.

Also, I think my report at the time made Tesla very aware of this problem. They maybe heard my "WHOA!" tone.

Not sure. It could have been sometime in middle of night. I went in to app and it popped up for me to download and install 15mins before I posted
First drive impressions. The drive was performed with Auto speed enable using average mode . Overall a significant improvement over v11. The overall feel of the drive was definitely smoother and more human like. The Auto speed seemed to keep the car in line with traffic however I felt it was a little slower than I expected. I’m not sure how much the average mode played in to it as well as the rain that was present during the drive. It wasn’t slow enough to be a concern, just something I observed.

A few key issues I had with V11 that have been addressed:

1) no more lane drift in to turning lanes!! This was a majority of my disengagements with v11. Only time will tell if they are completely gone, but I drive a route where V11 constantly drifted and it did not happen for me on v12.

2) City street lane selection has significantly improved! This was another major cause of disengagement for me. One issue in particular on v11 had the car wanting to get in to the far left lane of a 3 lane city street when in less than half a mile I was going to turn right on to another street. It would literally get in to far left lane for a few seconds then start to move back over to far right lane to prepare for turn. Sometimes it would be able to make the turn however during rush hour traffic it’s hard to do without pissing some people off in the process. This issue has been solved with v12

3)v12 can perform U-Turns! I’ve tried this a few times on v11 but gave up after a few failed attempts. I intentionally was Traveling away from my home and engaged FSD to take me back. This was on a two lane(both directions) city street road that had a left turning lane. The car went in to left turning and slowed to a stop and waited for opposing traffic to clear, proceeded to smoothly make the u turn and continue back down the street in opposite direction. All done feeling very human like.

The only concern I had during the drive was when I decided to change the destination I wanted to go to. The car started to proceed on the new path but quickly started to travel off route. I could see the map and route outlined in blue, the car simply would not follow it and continued to go straight. I had to disengage FSD and manually get the Car back on track and then reengage FSD. There was a significant amount of rainfall at the time so I’m wondering if that was a factor.

Overall I’m very excited about the update. Going to drive alittle more tomorrow when there is less rain to deal with.

Speed control. This would be my number one reason to not use the system. My neck was fatigued from all the speed hunting that the system does. If it has a car to follow, everything is fine. Otherwise, it's using various other cues to pick speeds, and the cues keep leading it up or down a couple or three mph. Then it adjusts "non-smoothly" enough that your neck muscles are constantly alternating between tensing front or back.
LOL, exactly how I would describe it. It's perhaps a little better in 12.3 vs 12.2, but only because it stays longer at the lower speed.
Pump fake lane changes. I got a couple of these, where it'll start a lane change, slide back a bit, then complete the lane change.
Same here, but for me it often doesn't complete the lane change.

Here's a video of this with V12.2.1.

When the speed is too slow seems you can "adjust" it by using the accelerator and it will then set that as the new speed
Glad you confirmed that. The problem is that it keeps that speed even when it should slow down for a curve.

Suggests they selected him specifically? I wonder why Tesla chose to rollout an untrained version to him? To show rapid progress on the next release maybe? Maybe they were going for the second 9 with all this recent training, which we know 100% for sure is not in 12.3?

This is fine. As long as it checks for cross traffic first, all is well. They should provide slower acceleration profiles via the non-assertive drive mode setting. I am usually 200 yards ahead after 300 yards when first at a light. It is important to give every chance to make the next light before it changes.
They wanted Chuck to get you that long awaited beer 🍺!!

Edit: I watched Chuck's upl's.

Enjoy your beer!

Last edited:
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
After 12 hours with FSDBeta v12.3, I can confidently say we've made a step change in vehicular autonomy. While it's not ready for unsupervised use, the improvement is stark. If my experience is the result of being overfit due to the @Tesla_AI ADAS drivers' countless hours circling my neighborhood and startling my dog-walking neighbors with the fleet (Models S, X, 3, Y) of manufacturer test vehicles, then I am grateful. This situation highlights the significant impact of adding data to the training set. Venturing well beyond the usual ADAS testing boundaries today, the system's performance still impressed me. Today was a milestone. Kudos to @Tesla_AI and all the ADAS drivers. Please, take a bow.

This geographically segmented rollout is new for FSD, right?

The installs on Teslafi show a pretty clear focus on California (of course), Texas (and neighbors), and the east coast (Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia). I thought it was silly of Tesla to send V12 to new inexperienced testers, but doing a rolling geographical rollout seems like a pretty good idea for risk management.

Sad Colorado isn't included yet... but we also just got a big snow storm so smart to this region for FSD 🤣

Wonder what exactly Tesla's targeting criteria is. Target areas where initial internal testing shows the best results? Target areas with the most Teslas? Target areas where driving is easiest? Avoid bad weather? The lack of installs in the north in any of larger states with a decent number of Teslas like Washington, Utah, Colorado, Wisconsin and New York is conspicuous.

(Teslafi does show one single install in Alaska funnily enough)

Reactions: JB47394