Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another install for Minnesota!

IMG_4173.png

Up to over 1,000 pending on TeslaFi
Hmm. I see about 400, with 300 installed today. Anyway, definitely going wide now.

Marks the first time a lot of us have got the same version so many YT influencers got with no further revision. So, I guess they didn’t find too many issues with 12.3.

I definitely thought it would take a lot more time.

Hmm. I see about 400, with 300 installed today. Anyway, definitely going wide now.

Marks the first time a lot of us have got the same version so many YT influencers got with no further revision. So, I guess they didn’t find too many issues with 12.3.

I definitely thought it would take a lot more time.

I took this Tweet from Ashok to mean that they've found that V12 now outperforms V11 in most if not all scenarios. If they've found it's safer and more performant than what's currently on the road, that might explain the rapid rollout:

Re stopping behavior, as noted above it does tend to stop a bit aggressively initially then ease up to a complete stop. It really doesn't bother me so much but definitely an area for improvement.

That said, I've found little else to take issue with! Two BIG improvement I've seen are in signaling properly and also looking to get in the correct lane for an upcoming turn at the appropriate time which is huge. If it sees traffic is backing up it starts looking for an opening then signals and make the move just as I would. This is MUCH less stressful and really improves the whole experience.

Edit: One more comment; while auto speed has room for improvement with tweaks I expect it to get lots of use. If going too slow I touch the accelerator a bit and it speeds up and stays where I'm comfortable for a time, I haven't measured how long yet. Other times it picks the right speed and will speed up based on traffic etc... With updates I believe this will be a very useful feature.

Last edited:
Quick drive but not a challenging one for FSD. Initial observations include: steering feels less “ mechanical”, auto speed was just OK. For me it seemed to drift a bit in its lane and would come closer to double yellow line than was necessary. I’ll recalibrate camera’s tomorrow and try a much more difficult route. Curious to see if some of my trouble areas are either fixed or improved.

It's either v12.3 or that new Ketamine script. :)
Hey! I’ve made it very clear it has crippling limitations in certain scenarios. But when there are significant improvements, I can’t just deny it. And there are significant improvements!

It’s better. Otherwise they wouldn’t have released it.

I am pretty sure it will break some things for people that were working before.