Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a difference between some lights having shorter yellow lights (fact) and the shorter yellow lights being done in a conspiracy to increase traffic violations and thus revenue(allegation). I read that article and none of the stories said anything about the second part. I'm sure there are yellow lights that are shorter - just not sure they are deliberate instead of being just sloppy.

Does it really start all over and now I have less chance of getting the update again?
For the next couple weeks at least, I'm going to assume they're prioritizing those already with 12.3 to test it before a bigger rollout.
And then 12.4
And then 12.4.1
And then...

Yeah it might take months before a majority of V11 users are moved to V12

Does it really start all over and now I have less chance of getting the update again?
It may well start all over again, and first go to those on 12.3, roughly 1,300 on TeslaFi.

But in a typical wide roll-out, that many happen in three days or so, and if nothing awful is reported, the rest roll out by the thousands. I think your chances are good of getting 12.3.1 pretty soon, fingers crossed. However (sorry, I am not seeing your current version) if you are on 2024.x, then it'll be two weeks of Elon time, that is to say not less than two more weeks.

All of the 2023.44.30.x (12.2 and 12.3) were updated from 2023.x. It appears that this group was pre-selected, perhaps due to FSD experience prior to 11.4.9 which was widely released.

Reactions: Acisplat
It may well start all over again, and first go to those on 12.3, roughly 1,300 on TeslaFi.

But in a typical wide roll-out, that many happen in three days or so, and if nothing awful is reported, the rest roll out by the thousands. I think your chances are good of getting 12.3.1 pretty soon, fingers crossed. However (sorry, I am not seeing your current version) if you are on 2024.x, then it'll be two weeks of Elon time, that is to say not less than two more weeks.

All of the 2023.44.30.x (12.2 and 12.3) were updated from 2023.x. It appears that this group was pre-selected, perhaps due to FSD experience prior to 11.4.9 which was widely released.
I'm still in limbo on 2023.44.30.8, not knowing whether I'm being held for 12.3.1 or eventually going to be pushed to a 2024.x build.

Reactions: KArnold
Sometimes, Tesla will deploy to the existing cars first, but sometimes they will push the updated version out to new cars. It may depend on the severity of the issues fixed.

I have been predicting April for wide rollout since before the end of the year. It looks like I hit it pretty closely.

Yes that is what I said (several times now!).

The two modes aren’t the same, of course. But you’ll find the “old” way is not the same as the old way, and it’s similarly broken. You can try to control the speed (but it will mostly be ignored if it wants to go slower). It still uses the new method to determine the proper speed, somehow.

I am not saying they behave the same way. It’s possible the “old” way (not the old way) behaves better than the new way. Though personally I haven’t seen much difference.
Are you saying that if you choose Auto steer (beta) instead of FSD, the car will still drive below the speed limit?

I think I noticed a bit of that at one time while another time it seemed fine. I wasn't sure and didn't want to muddy the waters.

Are you saying that if you choose Auto steer (beta) instead of FSD, the car will still drive below the speed limit?

I think I noticed a bit of that at one time while another time it seemed fine. I wasn't sure and didn't want to muddy the waters.
Talking about selecting Automatic Speed Offset in v12.
IMG_4613.jpeg

There is a difference between some lights having shorter yellow lights (fact) and the shorter yellow lights being done in a conspiracy to increase traffic violations and thus revenue(allegation). I read that article and none of the stories said anything about the second part. I'm sure there are yellow lights that are shorter - just not sure they are deliberate instead of being just sloppy.
In NJ, we had those suckers. And they got removed.

State legislators with subpoena powers and hot under their collars got the ever-so-secret documents from the huge number of municipalities in the state. Yeah, the camera companies were getting the majority of the money. They also got to decide where to place them. And that bit about hitting people up on a red light with a short yellow?

The one that really got me mad was a road with a light intersecting US Rte. 1. Going out onto Rte. 1, one could turn right or left when the light was green. But the only way to get onto that road was to be going south on Rte. 1, then turning right. Period. No left turns on Rte. 1 South; there were Jersey Barriers in the way, no left turn lane, and three lanes of 50 mph traffic going the other way. So, if one was in the fourth southbound lane, that was pretty much a right turn only lane. And there couldn’t be other traffic going onto that road, period.

Those $@&$;: put a red light camera on that corner and would hit anybody turning right on red, which is legal in this state, which resulted in high fines and points on one’s license. Add to that a ridiculously shortened yellow light and, boy, they had a serious money stream.

This was no mistake. The same clowns bribed (and eventually got caught) officials in Chicago, raking in millions before the populace, mostly on the poorer South Side of the city rose up in revolt.

Yeah: in principle those red light cameras might have been a good idea, but a bunch of grifters got their scaly hands on it.

Is ASS supposed to actually be usable this time? Like you have much less chance of hitting something?

If I hear of like 1,000 summon attempts in busy parking lots with 0 accidents I’ll probably start using it

Last edited:
Is ASS supposed to actually be usable this time? Like you have much less chance of hitting something?
In a nutshell Smart Summon is 4 years old code and mostly relies of USS info. The vision part can only recognize a few things like Stop sign and Pedestrians.

ASS is going to be full on Neural Nets and Vision only decision making like v12.

However I will never turn mine loose in a crowded parking lot that I can't fully see and supervise. At least for a while until I see how well it does for others. I will only "play" in a open parking lot when available.