Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
-- Con: Lane keeping is unpredictable. Mostly it's fine but sometimes the car drifts VERY close to the lane lines. Not seen this when the other lanes were occupied, but its still jarring.
After plenty of driving today with 12.3.x, I also noticed various forms of lane keeping issues worse than even basic Autopilot and 10.x. Several times end-to-end drifted to the right lane line unnecessarily kicking up lots of sand/gravel even on straight roads with no other vehicles nearby, so I disengaged to stop the noise from the wheel wells. Separately, there's some intersections here with offset destination lanes that 10.2 would drive straight instead of angling across fixed in later 10.x, but that wrong behavior has returned requiring disengagements to avoid cutting off others in the adjacent lane.

One last example is a double left turn where FSD Beta has consistently failed to stay in the outer lane at a single-point urban interchange (large intersection at freeway on/off ramps that use a single set of traffic lights instead of 2 adjacent intersections), so I disengaged to stay in the correct lane instead of crossing over dashed guiding stripe lines to the inner lane mid-intersection. I would have expected end-to-end to learn how to drive these, but maybe they're not that common?

Hopefully these regressions get fixed quickly with 12.x disengagements, so in the meantime, people might need to be extra vigilant even for some relatively basic behaviors like staying in lane.

Not true. I have had FSD for years and I am 2024 branch already. I am in Canada though so everyone here is stil on FSD 11.x
Ah. But you’re in Canada, one of those countries that tends not to be in the thick of FSD testing. I’ll admit that it’s a sliding scale: there’re countries in the EU that, as near as I can tell from the chatter, don’t have access to automatic anything, mainly because regulators over there are demanding that anything ADAS-shaped appear perfectly formed, like Venus on the half shell, so beta software is straight out.

So you guys may strictly be on the latest FSD stable branch, 11.4.9, which is buried in every load except for the 12.x loads or the 12.x precursors, which are 2023.44.30.x.

Dirty Tesla 12.3 in the snow (he ....or more correctly she got 12.3.1 after he made the video). He sold his MY and got a Cybertruck. He is driving his wife's MY for video. This doesn't have the HDMI out of the screen. Oddly he says his wife's car got moved to "influencer"/early access and has the camera report button (miss that option) added to it. Someone at Tesla must have realized this when he traded for a Cybertruck.

Last edited:
Crazy Ladder (object detection) video. Mixed bag and defiantly not Robotaxi ready yet, but its still not "end of the year". 🤣

To be fair, that's kind of an odd orientation for a ladder in the road (as pictured in the thumbnail).

V12.3 drove around a bicycle that someone had dropped in the road in DC last week for me.

Overall, good update. Hopefully as the next updates roll out, we keep seeing significant changes and not just an incremental version number increase with a big change log of mumbo jumbo that most people don’t know what it even says, and no actual real life experience improvements (*cough* v11 *cough*). I honestly expected the original FSDj version to behave like this, with small updates over time. Couple years late to meet my expectations, but I guess better late than never.
My sentiments exactly. We have a baseline, and it's an excellent baseline; now we need a nice positive delta each update. All the pieces seem to be in place for that, but the world won't really believe it until they (we) see it. What a coup if this thing works. What a dumpster fire if it can't get to at least L3 (at highway speeds) before someone else does....

Ah. But you’re in Canada, one of those countries that tends not to be in the thick of FSD testing. I’ll admit that it’s a sliding scale: there’re countries in the EU that, as near as I can tell from the chatter, don’t have access to automatic anything, mainly because regulators over there are demanding that anything ADAS-shaped appear perfectly formed, like Venus on the half shell, so beta software is straight out.

So you guys may strictly be on the latest FSD stable branch, 11.4.9, which is buried in every load except for the 12.x loads or the 12.x precursors, which are 2023.44.30.x.
I'm in Canada and haven't updated since early November but my latest offering from elon is 2023.44.30.14 which includes both recalls.

Last April I had to do a double-update since I had not updated from the previous November so I'm assuming I'll have to update to 44.30.14 before I'm ever offered a V12.x.x but at this point, there's no reason to. I don't want to have to learn a new FSDb UI when I expect to only be at that point for a week or so. Plus it is pot-hole season here so we are barely using anything more than TACC as we dodge potholes that make hour appearances.

I will have to update next week as I want to do it before our scheduled service call, just in case the SC doing it bumps me onto the 2024 branch by accident. I'm assuming Canada will get V12.x.x when the 2023 branch merges with the 2024 branch. But in case Canada is offered a V12.x.x before that happens, I don't want to have updated myself past that possibility. I'd prefer the choice of turning it down, rather than updating myself past the option.

When I’m moving slow and something is in front of me and my screen is showing the distance in inches it measures it with the camera not USS
Nope. If your vehicle has USS it is still using them. The non-USS vehicles, and software, doesn't show distance at all, just a 3D graphical representation of the area.

Yes, but even then not on USS vehicles. Tesla has not disabled the USS one any vehicles that have them.
Well the USS on my vehicle isn’t accurate at all then because it says I’m 20 inches away from object when I’m only like 5 inches away, that’s why I thought it was using the old camera update

It still beeps when I’m close but that’s all it does