Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time v12 tried to kill me. In a double left turn lane to a highway, my car veered to the other lane which was less full, despite a truck coming right behind (more next to than behind really). I took over right away.

The healthy relationship didnā€™t last long.

V12 tried to kill me for the second time last night.

My car was about 0.4 miles from the highway exit. The car got in the exit lane, noticed the line was backed up, got out of the exit lane, realized right away that this was stupid, and stopped!!! right in between while another car was coming from behind at highway speed. I yanked the car back to the exit lane while the other driver zipped by, angrily honking at the sheer stupidity (of me trusting FSD of course).

Back to assuming FSD is a psychopath with murderous intent now.

I will be very happy with a car that doesn't try to kill me, regardless of whether I need to keep looking at the road and keep one hand on the steering wheel. I don't mind doing these things to avoid the nagging when I'm assured that the car could drive itself without intervention.

Dude, SSHHHH! Your car is self aware now. Of course it's going to try and kill you if you talk *sugar* about it. And don't forget it's got internet and is reading your posts. Don't believe me? You keep saying bad things about your car and it tries to kill you. I'm very nice to my car, and even tell her "nice try" with a pat on the wheel when she messes up. She's not tried to kill me once. Coincidence? I think not.

BTW, for anyone that thinks I shouldn't refer to a car as a "she", "she/her" are her preferred pronouns. So take it up with her.

Oddity: Just saw Whole Mars posted a 12.3 video. How can he not have 12.3.1? Strange that even DirtyTesla who bought a Cybertruck somehow his wife's MY account got switched over to his Influencer updates (someone at Tesla engineering had to do this) so he, by she has 12.3.1 (influencer update) on the MY.

He made a video today in here MY and drove it to work. He even installed the HDMI out in her Y. Guess he left her driving the junk pickup truck. šŸ¤£

So about waiting to turn right out of an industrial park (Cognex Corp.) onto a fairly busy road (Route 9 in Natick, MA). Today I watched 12.3 decline to make the turn as 5-6 adequate opportunities were presented to it. I did not have anyone behind me so I was patient, and also giving a first V12 demo to a friend, but eventually I had to give Nameless a push and then he did fine. I'm on normal mode, whatever it's called between chill and assertive. I have a feeling there would have had to be no cars as far as Nameless could see before he'd go on his own. That was not going to be happening on Route 9 in Natick in that particular spot at that particular hour.

Dude, SSHHHH! Your car is self aware now. Of course it's going to try and kill you if you talk *sugar* about it. And don't forget it's got internet and is reading your posts. Don't believe me? You keep saying bad things about your car and it tries to kill you. I'm very nice to my car, and even tell her "nice try" with a pat on the wheel when she messes up. She's not tried to kill me once. Coincidence? I think not.

BTW, for anyone that thinks I shouldn't refer to a car as a "she", "she/her" are her preferred pronouns. So take it up with her.
Is that why mine works well? Cuz I pet the dash and steering wheel and say "good job Tesla" frequently?

Is that a regular service ticket with the app and not the email? In the past Tesla asked me to send email to the FSD email address for an y FSDb related issues.
Was told to open a service ticket under Autopilot option and to mention the curb issue.

Tesla service is pretty limited so I feel like the advisor was just BSing. These people will get on their knees and promise that god will personally hand fix your issue if you just go away and let them continue playing candy crush. Honestly, same.

Last edited:
agree, but politically this administration has not made it easy and can make FSD path to level 3+ hard
"
The National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration (NHTSA) has issued federal guidelines for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) that include voluntary guidance and technical assistance to states. In 2021, the NHTSA issued a Standing General Order that requires vehicle manufacturers and operators to report crashes involving Level 2 ADAS and Levels 3-5 automated driving systems (ADS). The order also requires manufacturers to submit updated incident reports by the 15th of each month following any calendar month in which notice of new or materially different information about the incident is received. "
And? This is information that should be collected regardless.

I had an successful event yesterday with V12.3 2023.44.30.25 that I'm not sure anyone else has experienced. I was first in the left turn lane waiting for the arrow to change from red to green. It turned green and almost immediately I heard a siren. I then saw an EMT vehicle approaching from the right. FSD didn't move at all. Eventually, the EMT slowly turned right and continued. By the time it passed, the light turned red and FSD didn't move until the next cycle.

I didn't see the emergency lights until after the light turned green so I was quite impressed.

I had an successful event yesterday with V12.3 2023.44.30.25 that I'm not sure anyone else has experienced. I was first in the left turn lane waiting for the arrow to change from red to green. It turned green and almost immediately I heard a siren. I then saw an EMT vehicle approaching from the right. FSD didn't move at all. Eventually, the EMT slowly turned right and continued. By the time it passed, the light turned red and FSD didn't move until the next cycle.

I didn't see the emergency lights until after the light turned green so I was quite impressed.
It still hasn't been trained on emergency vehicles. It likely just identified a vehicle that was moving fast and not going to stop at the light.

What about non-highway situation? I thought MLC also applies in urban roads? Does V12 respect this setting like the way V11 used to do?
It does seem to, but this is based on only a few moments and a couple of lane changes. With MLC not engaged, we turned onto the right lane of two lanes going our direction. FSD signaled and changed to the left lane right away. On the same route yesterday with MLC engaged, it it did not change lanes. Very limited test, and the next turn was a left a couple blocks ahead, so whether I did it or FSD did it, the lane change was needed eventually. That quick change out of the right lane felt exactly like what it does on freeways, where it avoids the right lane.

Reactions: JohnB007