Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Big difference: the car is deciding to drive over the limit, not the driver. And drivers not into following the technology may have no idea why it's doing it, or how to stop it.
1. It's not autonomous driving, you are in control. The car can't do anything you don't want it to do.
2. It's irresponsible and dangerous to use a feature without complete understanding of its operations
2a. If a cop pulls you over and your defense is that you didn't know how X worked on your car, how do you think that'll go down
3. How to stop it? Turn it off, hit the brakes, move the wheel, hold down the park button

I'm curious about this. I would have thought this as well, but it's been pointed out that NHTSA has never interfered with speed limits. It's why every car can set their cruise control to speeds well over the speed limit. If NHTSA dinged Tesla, they'd have to ding everyone for allowing it.
True, but it is more nuanced than that. If FSD or any other ADAS system removes or degrades a "safety" feature, then it is subject to a recall. FSD was dinged before when an update failed to aggressively cut speed for a reduced speed zone as a previous version did.

I suspect V12 will also be recalled but luckily Tesla is willing to risk being cited in order to more quickly reach the end game and save more lives.

the car is deciding to drive over the limit, not the driver.
Only because you, the driver, set the option to do so.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: zoomer0056
Other FSD modes to consider:

-Stalking mode - pick the car from touch screen to follow behind
-Hypermiler mode - easy on the acceleration and only regen brake if possible, keep under 60mph at all times for max wh/mi (especially useful on low battery)
-Race mode - pick the car to race against, make revving sound, enter launch mode automatically, accelerate the moment the other car takes off
-Kidnapper evade mode - get as far away and get out of viewing sight of danger as quickly as possible (also works well w/ evading cops)
-Rollercoaster mode - self explanatory

Anything else I missed?
Electronic tow model. 2nd Tesla, with nobody inside, follows 3-4 feet behind the towing Tesla, and it projects ITS rear view camera to the towing car. Towed car follows every move the lead car makes. Now, it's possible to keep adding towed cars to form a train...

12.3.3 definitely has a rain issue for me. Swerving in and out of clearly malarkey lanes and way to close to the side of the road driving through standing puddles causing FSD to swerve unpredictably. 7 disengagements on a 5 mile drive. Much different than my usual 0 lately.
Mine does this as well and I noticed it most on the 405 S during the recent rain where it was darting around the carpool lane. Super weird.

Quick FSD question for you all: How do you start FSD? Can you do it with the car in Park? Can you do it with your foot on the brake?

I've had numerous times where I pulled down on the stalk to try to start FSD and nothing happened. Even if I am in drive and moving I sometimes get nothing with a pull of the stalk. Sometimes I try 2-3 times before FSD starts. Because of this inconsistency, I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong, but it occurred to me that I didn't really know the rules when it came to starting FSD.

Ideally I'd like to be parked, selected a destination with the nav, then <do something to start FSD> and have the car drive off. I know it currently won't reverse out of a parking spot, but it would be nice if it could just pull forward and go, if possible.

It seems like I first have to be in drive without my foot on the brake, but sometimes I seem to need to actually be moving as well.

Quick FSD question for you all: How do you start FSD? Can you do it with the car in Park? Can you do it with your foot on the brake?

I've had numerous times where I pulled down on the stalk to try to start FSD and nothing happened. Even if I am in drive and moving I sometimes get nothing with a pull of the stalk. Sometimes I try 2-3 times before FSD starts. Because of this inconsistency, I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong, but it occurred to me that I didn't really know the rules when it came to starting FSD.

Ideally I'd like to be parked, selected a destination with the nav, then <do something to start FSD> and have the car drive off. I know it currently won't reverse out of a parking spot, but it would be nice if it could just pull forward and go, if possible.

It seems like I first have to be in drive without my foot on the brake, but sometimes I seem to need to actually be moving as well.
Put the car in Drive and wait for the little grey steering wheel to show up next to the PRDL icons. Then pull down once on the stalk and once the grey wheel turns blue you’re in FSD.