Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you listen to music in your Tesla?

How do you primarily listen to music in your Tesla?

• Spotify using Tesla's account

• Spotify with a subscription account

• Tidal with a subscription account

• TuneIn

• Bluetooth streaming

• Files stored on a USB stick or SSD

• Radio

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
D

DM206433

I'm really interested to know how everyone chooses to listen to music in their Tesla. I am (was) an Apple Music guy but obviously there's currently no native support in the Tesla for that, so I'm deciding whether I move to Spotify Premium, Tidal, put up with Bluetooth streaming, etc. - so thought I'd see how everyone else does it.

Obviously I get that sometimes you'll listen to radio, etc. - so I'm looking for how you listen to music in your Tesla the majority of the time. Also, this is aimed at the UK market so I've put the streaming services available here before anyone gets upset :)

USB for me, and was very happy when album art started working again just before xmas. Still think the V11 interface is sucky tho and USB is obviously the poorer relation in the family.
I'm really interested to know how everyone chooses to listen to music in their Tesla. I am (was) an Apple Music guy but obviously there's currently no native support in the Tesla for that, so I'm deciding whether I move to Spotify Premium, Tidal, put up with Bluetooth streaming, etc. - so thought I'd see how everyone else does it.

Obviously I get that sometimes you'll listen to radio, etc. - so I'm looking for how you listen to music in your Tesla the majority of the time. Also, this is aimed at the UK market so I've put the streaming services available here before anyone gets upset :)
Just started using Tesla Tidal app, for my ears the HiFi streams & downloads in Tidal are a noticeable step up in quality over Spotify

Reactions: hairysteve
I voted Bluetooth streaming because that's what I use the most, I have a USB stick with some music on it that lives in the car as a backup,but mostly I stream stuff that's stored on my phone. The USB interface really is hopeless, though.

I have access Apple Music and Prime Music that I use from time to time so I have no plans to pay another streaming service on top of that.

I had a bit of a play with Spotify during my 12 month Premium period and didn't really like it; if I said, "Play some <whoever>", it would play one track by them and then play all sorts of other stuff that it clearly thought would appeal instead of what I asked for. Maybe I had something set up wrong, but maybe life is too short for me to do anything other than use a service that does as it's asked ;)

Reactions: BitJam
I have both Tidal HiFi and Spotify Premium.

Tidal for me sounds a lot better than Spotify but this business of having to download everything I want to listen to and take advantage of said better quality, is just tedious, for me anyway.

If Tidal would just allow me to stream anything over the cars LTE in HiFi, then that would be a dealbreaker for sure but I find myself going back to Spotify just for random searching and playing.

Reactions: GT_M3
I'll probably try to stick with Apple Music via bluetooth and just use "hey Siri..." to change things. I have HomePods (RIP original HomePod!) so am used to using voice control to select music at home. Still wish Tesla would add an Apple Music application though, but I guess I could be waiting forever for that.

I have an Apple One subscription, so it'd cost me more to switch to Spotify and Tidal. Plus neither of those services work on HomePods at all as far as I can tell. Also, starting with a new streaming service means its algorithms would have to learn my taste in music from scratch. So all in all, the least annoying option will be to stick with Apple Music and start using "hey Siri..." in the car.

Reactions: John Haffner
I doubt that, Apple have instructions on how to add alternative music providers ... Play audio using Siri on HomePod
Last I checked neither Spotify nor Tidal were one of the available services. There are a few you can pick that I’ve never heard of before though… Deezer, a few others.

If any streaming service becomes available on both the Tesla system and HomePod then I’ll be very tempted to switch to it.

If I’m listening to music it’s normally Radio 6 on the DAB. Mostly I listen to podcasts on Spotify through my premium connectivity subscription. I used to listen off my phone, but I felt it was dangerous messing around opening it and searching when I’d finished my first one. Slight disappointment with the cars app is that if there are a lot of episodes you can’t actually scroll back to the earlier ones, so sometimes I end up having to use my phone anyway (but only when safe)