Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
thats not true says you have to pay it back if its less than a year or you move
I stand corrected. It was listed under requirements, but if you drill in a few links it does say:
"The purchaser must retain ownership of the vehicle for a minimum of 12 consecutive months immediately after the vehicle purchase date. The purchaser must register the vehicle in Illinois during that time frame. Rebate recipients who fail to satisfy any of the above criteria will be required to reimburse the Agency all of the original rebate amount and shall notify the Agency within 60 days of failing to satisfy the criteria"

I stand corrected. It was listed under requirements, but if you drill in a few links it does say:
"The purchaser must retain ownership of the vehicle for a minimum of 12 consecutive months immediately after the vehicle purchase date. The purchaser must register the vehicle in Illinois during that time frame. Rebate recipients who fail to satisfy any of the above criteria will be required to reimburse the Agency all of the original rebate amount and shall notify the Agency within 60 days of failing to satisfy the criteria"
You scared me. Made me double check. I’ve got Tesla plans for that money. But at the rate they’re moving at, we might be waiting a year regardless. Lol.

Put my order in November 29 2021 for a Long Range AWD Midnight Silver 20" wheels since 20" made EDD in July 2022 instead of October 2022. Come March, delivery window was July 31 - Sept 4. On July 30th, they ask if I have a trade in over a phone call. Next day EDD moved to August 28th - September 25th. Meanwhile friends who put an order in April have an EDD of November.

Welp. After preparing my finances. I got screwed. Went from 8/9 - 8/23 to 10/14 - 11/25.
Ouch.o_O. I'm still 11/24-1/19. I don't know how many people have the same date, I assume a few. It's been like this for about 6 weeks now....no movement at all, but I don't plan to do my financing and trade in until I have a VIN and an actual delivery date that I will set within the time frame that I will get whenever that is.😭😭