Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is any MCU1 car actually on FSD Beta yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

azred

Apr 12, 2016
Chandler, AZ
I assume most/all of these affected owners are waiting for upgraded cameras. But I wondered if any MCU1 car is now actually running FSD Beta and if so the quality of the driving experience. FYI, even those of us with MCU2 spent weeks to many months waiting for camera upgrades. Shame on me for suspecting Tesla will just delay delay delay on installing new cameras and never install FSD Beta on any MCU1 car.😇

Yes, the MCU1 cars got FSD Beta version 10.69.3.3 via the 2022.8.10.10 update. Happened around the new year. Here was the first one:

Seen a bunch of videos on Twitter too (can't reference them now as I'm my work filter blocks it), the FSD Beta visualization carries over nicely, and driving behavior is as expected for that version of FSD.

They must have received updated cameras in record time
Unfortunately, at least earlier this year, Tesla Service was still turning away people to wait for engineering to clear "VIN eligibility," but fortunately, just a couple weeks ago, it seems like Tesla pushed out a notification to some S/X via the app:
screenshot_20230117_230143_tesla-jpg.896928

Also, some MCU1 vehicles from August 2017 to March 2018 came with the correct RCCB cameras and could get 2022.8.10.10 / FSD Beta 10.69.3.3 for MCU1 without dealing with RCCC camera retrofit issues.

I assume most/all of these affected owners are waiting for upgraded cameras. But I wondered if any MCU1 car is now actually running FSD Beta and if so the quality of the driving experience. FYI, even those of us with MCU2 spent weeks to many months waiting for camera upgrades. Shame on me for suspecting Tesla will just delay delay delay on installing new cameras and never install FSD Beta on any MCU1 car.😇
Yes, I am :) Got the update about a week ago and overall has been decent. Have used it for simple drives so far and it's not perfect for sure but no major issues. Feels choppy, sometimes brakes too hard, turns it doesn't know when to make up it's mind and then when it does it takes off.
I've taken a few videos (just raw videos of short drives) will take some more challenging drives this weekend and continue to document the progress :)
I do have to say that the updated visualizations are really cool!

I’ve got MCU1 on my 2017 Model S. I have paid for FSD. Tesla has upgraded the computer as well as the cameras. I had the FAD beta request button show up before the camera upgrade. It’s been weeks since I’ve had the camera upgrade done.
I still don’t have FSD Beta. What am I missing here? Do I need to get the MCU upgraded to get it?

Reactions: Solar40
I’ve got MCU1 on my 2017 Model S. I have paid for FSD. Tesla has upgraded the computer as well as the cameras. I had the FAD beta request button show up before the camera upgrade. It’s been weeks since I’ve had the camera upgrade done.
I still don’t have FSD Beta. What am I missing here? Do I need to get the MCU upgraded to get it?
I think Tesla paused the rollout of FSD Beta to any new cars until they have addressed the NHTSA recall.

Just got my MCU1/FSD back from service getting cameras 2 days ago… still no sign of FSD… I was told by the service manager that MCU2 was required for FSD and that they could not do the camera upgrade… I told them I would contact Tesla regarding a refund since I bought the car from them in Sept and it was advertised as having FSD…. They went ahead and did the camera upgrade… I guess they know the lawsuits will be coming if they don’t start delivering!

Reactions: m5james
Sounds like Hw/SwYou are set. I've seen a handful of new cars get FSDb deployed with v11 along with existing FSDb folks. I don't recall seeing new adds from a software version other than the factory version. They were to hold new installs until the recall was done - that veil is going slowly. Once that goes wide I'd expect it on you.

My best guess. Bottom line nobody knows.

Reactions: Murt
Yes me too - have been on FSD wait list and then cameras upgraded recently but still no FSD activated. My rear camera stopped working many months ago and was told that it is due to MCU1 not working properly and they recommended I pay for MCU2 upgrade. Car is still under warranty so you would think they would just replace the MCU1 but they haven't offered. So no rear camera for months now. Tesla service seems to be a debacle sometimes. People on this thread seem to be told various things by Tesla employees about MCU1 and FSD - it makes me highly skeptical of Tesla and what they are prepared to do.

It appears that I posted my query in the wrong thread and that this is the correct thread.

Here's my story; Back in March I requested the FSDb in the software page of my Dec 2016 S P100D with FSD bought and paid for in full. 2 weeks ago I had the service center upgrade the eMMC chip and the cameras on the car but it still has the MCU1. Saturday I took the car into service stating "FSD not working". I'm glad to hear that some of you with MCU1 have been able to get the FSDb. Service sent me this message but I am standing my ground.

Attachments

• Tesla service about FSD.jpg
    Tesla service about FSD.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: m5james