Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It’s Over, Tesla is That Good!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s Over, Tesla is That Good

Well, my love-hate relationship with Tesla & Tesla’s Technoking
32D9CC6A-9457-449E-9ECD-135D99E72868.jpeg
I’m took a turn. I capitulated & got a 2018 Model 3 Performance in silver.

We’re at the point with fuel prices that it’s not about, “Can I afford a Tesla?” but more, “Can I afford not to buy a Tesla?” I was in line for other EV makers but fortunately there was nothing available so I bought the low Km 3.

All I can say is blown away! Performance is incredible but intuitive simplicity of extremely complex tech is far more impressive. If EV buyers knew how good a Model 3/Y is & drive one, all competitors would be instantly dusted. I’m by no means a Tesla fanboy..until now. Well done Elon Musk & the Tesla team!!

If you’re within $10-20K just Go Tesla! Competition not even close.

Side note: I only found out later, SILVER is ultra rare in Model 3s & being ridiculous fast performance model, this should be a collector’s car. So I’m torn, as it’s my daily driver & now I don’t want to put mileage on it lol

Congratulations on your car!

It is somewhat unfortunate that you need the *experience* of driving one of these to really appreciate them. There’s so much nonsense and misinformation floating around that the only true way to understand what this is all about is to take the leap, just like you did.

I’m not as wedded to Tesla as some around here, but there’s absolutely no question to me that they’ve changed transportation and energy forever. There’s a chance I may some day buy a car from another maker … but there’s ZERO chance I buy a gas engine ever again. It’s truly a revolution.

Enjoy the car and ask away any questions you have —- we’ve all been through the “this thing is new and different, what do I do?!” phase.

Reactions: euro.r and StuartBB

Well, my love-hate relationship with Tesla & Tesla’s TechnokingView attachment 824767I’m took a turn. I capitulated & got a 2018 Model 3 Performance in silver.

We’re at the point with fuel prices that it’s not about, “Can I afford a Tesla?” but more, “Can I afford not to buy a Tesla?” I was in line for other EV makers but fortunately there was nothing available so I bought the low Km 3.

All I can say is blown away! Performance is incredible but intuitive simplicity of extremely complex tech is far more impressive. If EV buyers knew how good a Model 3/Y is & drive one, all competitors would be instantly dusted. I’m by no means a Tesla fanboy..until now. Well done Elon Musk & the Tesla team!!

Side note: I only found out later, SILVER is ultra rare in Model 3s & being ridiculous fast performance model, this should be a collector’s car. So I’m torn, as it’s my daily driver & now I don’t want to put mileage on it lol
Beautiful car! I wish silver was still an option. Looks great with the chrome door handles and window trim. I'm glad mine has the chrome trim as the black looks cheap! I'll probably get some dislikes for that because most people seem to like the black. Maybe I feel this way because I'm >50 and think all cars should have a little chrome somewhere!

I'm thinking of driving my 2018 LR-AWD silver from Maine to Revelstoke next Winter. I have a friend lining up some cat-skiing nearby. Gonna be a hell of a drive:
View attachment 824857
Wow, as I'm in the UK that's hilarious (forget how big the US is), think you'd could drive the width of the UK 10 times to be about that distance. Just think how long it would take without the supercharger network:p.

I got mostly the same car in Feb'21. A M3P that came with the 18in aero wheels (People call it a M3P-). I love having a color that isn't so prevalent. I've only ever seen 1 other silver Tesla in the Nashville area.

I can never go back to any other car. I absolutely love this thing

We have a club going! I also have an M3P- in silver. Love it a bunch, especially when I put the pedal down and fly from the "starting line" (aka green light). The only major update I've done is to add a automatic frunk and Rimetrix wheel covers. Well worth the cost and effort!

Well, my love-hate relationship with Tesla & Tesla’s Technoking

View attachment 824767I’m took a turn. I capitulated & got a 2018 Model 3 Performance in silver.

Congrats!!!! I have the same color Performance ride since 2018 (big wheels and all! Love ‘em!), and I absolutely love this car. I calculate that I’ve saved about $13,000 in gas since I bought the car, and will never look back to gas! Plus, as mentioned, this color is the sweetest of them all!