Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Alex, No that wasn't me! Interesting though. How young did they look? I was told I was the youngest tesla owner (22 at time of ordering) in Australia by 7 years - would be cool to see it picking up in the younger generation too.
Thanks Timpoo! I am surprised there isn't that many black on your list!

Hope you don't mind mate I've added your details to the spreadsheet. ACT, stand up and be represented!
No worries Timpoo, I only recently discovered this website! Additional details: order confirmed 27/11/2014, standard 19" wheels, piano black decor. Not exactly sure when it got into transit, but it was sometime in January 2015. Home wall connector was installed on 24/2/2015. By the way, the installation was a breeze and only cost $440. We have a very normal house with one phase power, and its all installed for 40amp charging (more than enough for our needs).

- - - Updated - - -

Whoops, order confirmed 25/11/2014.

Hi Alex, No that wasn't me! Interesting though. How young did they look? I was told I was the youngest tesla owner (22 at time of ordering) in Australia by 7 years - would be cool to see it picking up in the younger generation too.
Thanks Timpoo! I am surprised there isn't that many black on your list!
Probably high 20s - at a guess. Not sure if they were testing, window shopping or customers though. I was only test driving myself, don't have the means for one just yet. Could scrounge together for a 60, but I'd rather wait to comfortably get the model 3 without breaking the bank. Plus if I got a model S I don't think I could bare to not get an 85. Congrats on your order!

Hi Salamagd - that sounds about right I guess but not many people know about the Teslas and most of my generation likes loud sporty cars! I am a cofounder of a sydney based software development company, the high business use of the car makes it great for tax too (that's my excuse for getting one anyway!) so that makes it a little more affordable. Would have loved a P85D though!

Thanks Alex :) Yeah the range on the 60s looks to be difficult, I'm looking forward to seeing what the model 3 will be like! window shopping doesn't hurt, that's what I was meant to be doing. hopefully the Teslas prove to be practical in Australia - I worry a bit about long distance driving since superchargers are so minimal at the moment.

Hi Salamagd - that sounds about right I guess but not many people know about the Teslas and most of my generation likes loud sporty cars! I am a cofounder of a sydney based software development company, the high business use of the car makes it great for tax too (that's my excuse for getting one anyway!) so that makes it a little more affordable. Would have loved a P85D though!

Thanks Alex :) Yeah the range on the 60s looks to be difficult, I'm looking forward to seeing what the model 3 will be like! window shopping doesn't hurt, that's what I was meant to be doing. hopefully the Teslas prove to be practical in Australia - I worry a bit about long distance driving since superchargers are so minimal at the moment.

Congrats my friend - both on buying the car and being so successful so young.

I'm starting to think I should have studied computer engineering!

Nah who am I kidding, I think if I had to stare at code all day my brain would explode.

Ahh so glad to come across this spreadsheet, awesome effort! I usually only hang around the main forum on the Tesla website though I recognise some usernames on here. I saw on this list there was one Tesla with the number plate "GRNNRG". So cool, I was driving on the M2 mid January and saw it a mile away - first one I saw in Australia. I ducked in and out of traffic just to get behind it and took a couple of photos (I know, photos while driving is not cool!). This reminded me that I should go and visit the local Tesla store asap and I did the next day and also put my order in immediately just to convince them to give a young guy a test drive which I ended up not cancelling. (saved me from the price increase that happened two weeks later!). So thanks GRNNRG!View attachment 73289

Nice to be spotted, Daniel and congrats on your order.

I mainly use it for work and am likely to be spotted along Monavale/Lane Cover Rds and Wahroonga/St Ives areas.
BTW TESAUS was good to see your signature blue care parked on road in Macquarie Park earlier this week.

Mike

Nice to be spotted, Daniel and congrats on your order.

I mainly use it for work and am likely to be spotted along Monavale/Lane Cover Rds and Wahroonga/St Ives areas.
BTW TESAUS was good to see your signature blue care parked on road in Macquarie Park earlier this week.

Mike

Guilty as charged! From a couple of weeks time I will be working from Mac Park most of the time.

Gudday Timpoo,

Have you got any idea how many Model S's are delivered in Melbourne? I have yet to come across another Model S in my travels. Haven't even seen Higgy and I pass thru his turf regularly.

My best guess is that there were 180 cars delivered up to mid Jan this could mean maybe 45 in Melbourne - this is about 0.0015% of the cars on the road so it is amazing that we do see them at all.

Not sure how this relates to Tim's spreadsheet (it keeps freezing on me) but I think he has about 50 delivered - not sure how many in Melbourne because the spreadsheet keeps blowing up......

PS Vic has about 25% of the total cars on the road.

Another ACT order here:
85kWh
pano roof
grey
black interior
tech package
subzero package
high fidelity sound

Confirmed 19th of Feb, but I've set my delivery date for September in the hope that the Canberra Supercharger will be built by then as I will have trouble with home charging at my current address.

Congrats to doctorwho and Daemon - I've updated you guys on the spreadsheet.

Higgy - try viewing the spreadsheet on your computer and not an ipad - I think some people freeze up on tablets: the spreadsheet is getting quite big now.

Keiron - where abouts are you? I have only ever seen one other one in the wild and that was parked on High Street in Armadale. I live in Armadale, and travel to North Melbourne for work. So hopefully see you on the road soon - brown with Euro plates.

In terms of numbers I've only got around 13-14 delivered in Melbourne, but I think that spreadsheet is about 1/4 of total sales, so I think 40+ on Melbourne roads isn't out of the question...

(Almost) first post after lurking for some time. Thought it fitting to wait until I could announce another confirmed order:

60kWh
white
tech pack
grey nappa leather

Confirmed today :), estimated late June (late May up until the point that I confirmed, lol). Looking forward to joining the small (but growing) band of owners!

(Almost) first post after lurking for some time. Thought it fitting to wait until I could announce another confirmed order:

60kWh
white
tech pack
grey nappa leather

Confirmed today :), estimated late June (late May up until the point that I confirmed, lol). Looking forward to joining the small (but growing) band of owners!

congratulations on placing an order and stepping out of the shadows by posting!