Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Oystero ,
Nope still got the standard issue plates.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you guys( and ladies where applicable), had the ridiculousness Ive been getting over the car with the limited number of people who recognize what it is and represents?
Just a few in the past 3 weeks:

A bus drivers stops outside Knox Private Hospital ( where visiting my Dad), lets passengers on then jumps out of bus- runs across the road and proceeds to quiz me about the 'S' spouting specs in childlike awe to the amazement of about 50 onlookers in the bus...... The whole thing went about 2 mins then he ran back across the street leapt into his bus and away he went....

Then theres the school teacher in a Safeways car park gathers up his family and strides on over giving a beaming smile about being close to Nirvana by seeing a real 'S' and comments he will be saving for the next 275 Years to buy one. Then theres a series of photos ....His wife was severely embarrassed - my wife commented it gets much more embarrassing when your married to a Tesla owner-- not exactly sure what that means......

Then there's the Ulysses Club Harley rider that comes weaving through the traffic and idles past me at the front of the traffic at the lights on Princess Hwy then backups( didn't know the Fatboy had a reverse gear..) then challenges me to beat me to the next set of lights. He wasn't at all pleased after gunning the hell outta the bike and getting absolutely killed. He had three goes before he was convinced. His parting remark was he was going home to order one!

W
Then there's the Ulysses Club Harley rider that comes weaving through the traffic and idles past me at the front of the traffic at the lights on Princess Hwy then backups( didn't know the Fatboy had a reverse gear..) then challenges me to beat me to the next set of lights. He wasn't at all pleased after gunning the hell outta the bike and getting absolutely killed. He had three goes before he was convinced. His parting remark was he was going home to order one!

It amazes me that Harley riders think their bikes are fast at all, yet they do. After riding motorcycles for over 30 years I've come across so many of them who get quite put out when left for dead easily by just about any other bike, especially if there are any corners involved.

As for the Tesla, I've been approached at the Chiropractor, and am still being asked for test rides from colleagues who see it in the office car park. Not to mention the odd photograph. That being said, my old 928 still attracts more attention in traffic.

G'day all,

Long time lurker, thought i'd register an account and join in.

Ordered a S85 around Christmas last year, expected delivery is late April

Details:
S85
Black Solid Paint
Panoramic Roof
Black Nappa Leather Seats
Carbon Fiber Décor
Black Alcantara Headliner
Tech Package with Autopilot
Smart Air Suspension
Premium Interior Package
Ultra High Fidelity Sound

It amazes me that Harley riders think their bikes are fast at all, yet they do. After riding motorcycles for over 30 years I've come across so many of them who get quite put out when left for dead easily by just about any other bike, especially if there are any corners involved.

I'm sorry to say that I almost caused an accident once, back when the Model S was new (2.5 years ago for me). I was just out for a nice sunday drive in the brand new BGC, and got stuck on a windy mountain road behind a Hardly Drivable. I was relaxed, and just kept up with him through, and out of, all the curves. I was not close enough to be considered tailgating, but basically never got more than a constant distance behind him. So he started going faster and faster until one curve where he seriously grounded his footrest and ended up on the wrong side of the road to correct. If there had been oncoming traffic he would have been toast. At that point I realized what I had done and just pulled over for a few minutes. I caught him again about 10 miles further along, but it was at a place where it was easy to overtake.

Absolutely. With SC?
SC at Richmond? Last I heard they were hoping to get that but had some issues with the landlord, so no idea.

I won't be adding SC capability for a long time, if ever, on mine anyway. With luxury tax and stamp duty it certainly wasn't worth including as an option (about $600 more than adding later, even though they charge more for it then) and we never do road trips that would need SC. And if we did it would be unlikely to be up and down the Hume. Hope they get them at Richmond for everyone else's sake though!

G'day all,

Long time lurker, thought i'd register an account and join in.

Ordered a S85 around Christmas last year, expected delivery is late April

Details:
S85
Black Solid Paint
Panoramic Roof
Black Nappa Leather Seats
Carbon Fiber Décor
Black Alcantara Headliner
Tech Package with Autopilot
Smart Air Suspension
Premium Interior Package
Ultra High Fidelity Sound

Welcome EV-Lution, not too far away until your car arrives. What status is your car shown as currently? Is it still in production?

Are you North or South of the harbour/Parramatta River?

G'Day, delivery date has slipped a few times, as others have experienced; so lets hope April it is.

Car has been in transit from factory for some time, probably a bit over a month.

I'm on the north shore.
Hoping for the best. The trip over by boat does take a long time - hopefully you won't get caught up in local dock disputes like a heap of us did in December.
Welcome to the club.

Hi all - have been away and just got back. Being the tragic that I am thought I should update the spreadsheet before I do much else haha. All updated and congrats to new (soon to be) owners.

Our wee little spreadsheet is now up to 71 orders in various stages of the delivery process, with NSW still leading the pack.

Cheers
Tim

Hi all - have been away and just got back. Being the tragic that I am thought I should update the spreadsheet before I do much else haha. All updated and congrats to new (soon to be) owners.

Our wee little spreadsheet is now up to 71 orders in various stages of the delivery process, with NSW still leading the pack.

Cheers
Tim

Thanks to all for the welcome. For completeness on your sheet Tim mine is solid roof, piano black and standard 19" wheels.

Last edited:
Hi Tim,
You can add another Queenslander to the order list!
Confirmed yesterday 16 March 2015, White S85, Pano, 19" standard wheels, Tan Nappa, Black Piano, Textile, Tech and Air.
This makes 3 confirmations since the 13th...
Richard

(For Mark, grateful thanks for showing me your car's interior when visiting St. Leonards last week.)

Hi Tim,
Confirmed yesterday 16 March 2015, White S85, Pano, 19" standard wheels, Tan Nappa, Black Piano, Textile, Tech and Air.
Richard

(For Mark, grateful thanks for showing me your car's interior when visiting St. Leonards last week.)

Happy to help RBR, I think the Tan leather is a wise choice, but I'm biased. :wink:

Hi Tim,
Richard

Done, Richard, and welcome to the Tesla family :)