Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, just to add a new data point for those waiting:

3/12 - Ordered with delivery to NYC area
- LR RWD, Black exterior, white interior, Aero, AP

Just got a call a few minutes ago for a 2019 (built this past week) in transport to the east coast (late next week delivery)
- Same everything except Midnight Silver Metallic exterior (paint upgrade comped)

A bit conflicted on the color change as MSM seems to look either like a sleek dark silver/off black or a boring gray in some other light. Any thoughts on that color or should I just hold out for the black?

Hi all, just to add a new data point for those waiting:

3/12 - Ordered with delivery to NYC area
- LR RWD, Black exterior, white interior, Aero, AP

Just got a call a few minutes ago for a 2019 (built this past week) in transport to the east coast (late next week delivery)
- Same everything except Midnight Silver Metallic exterior (paint upgrade comped)

A bit conflicted on the color change as MSM seems to look either like a sleek dark silver/off black or a boring gray in some other light. Any thoughts on that color or should I just hold out for the black?

Take the free silver upgrade 100%. The silver is nice and it will hide imperfections like swirls and small scratches WAY better than black. Black is a nightmare to keep prestine.

Reactions: InParadise
I'm a new member. Just joined today. I'm taking delivery tomorrow. MR, Grey, Black, 19" wheels Full autopilot. It has been a saga of confusing/contradicting emails and phone calls. I shall think good thoughts for now. To Tesla's credit, some of us more seasoned buyers are have yet to bond with ordering online and all that goes with that.

So I guess I should move in here now.

Ordered a MR black/white/18”/AP on 3/14
Got called 3/21 about MR not being available
New order is for LR black/white/19”/AP

Car was nearby, so should have VIN and delivery scheduled in the next few days they said.

Got a text late 3/21 with delivery scheduled for 3/29. Got email 3/22 with VIN but not showing in account. Need to reschedule delivery time due to conflict.

Just got a text saying that my car (LR White/White Aero's) would be delivered March 29th, between 12:00 and 2:00 pm. I'm happy about this, HOWEVER... when I log in, my sales contract is still showing the VIN of the old vehicle from 2 weeks ago which I was first assigned (a 2018, Grey/White MR which I said I would not accept). My config shows correct (LR White/White) and has for over 10 days now. Hopefully this delivery date is referencing that, and not the old car. (I was assured again yesterday that the old contract would not block anything, and would be replaced as soon as I was assigned a new VIN. When I get a VIN for the vehicle being delivered, then I'll be happy.)

Hi Guys!

I am new to this forum but have been following TESLA for a number of years. Family has had 3 TESLA's and now I am finally getting mine. I was someone who got moved from a Mid-Range to a Long Range Model 3. Like a lot of people have mentioned on here, there has been a lot of confusion with orders and difficulty reaching people at TESLA. I just got a text saying my delivery date is coming up. I got a custom order so this car was not in inventory. My main concern right now is their massive rush to have solid numbers for their quarter and I don't want that to be to the detriment of the fit and finish of our cars.

Original order date:
3/8/19

Got call to switch to Long Range:
3/20/19

Text today 3/22 about Delivery Date 3/29 (like a lot of people got today - just in time for their numbers)

• How are you guys feeling about your car being produced in this rushed fashion?
  • Has anyone taken delivery recently where they had multiple, larger issues with the build quality?
  • Where do you find the VIN number on your TESLA account?
  • Can anyone provide a link to the most updated checklist of what to look for upon delivery?
Thanks everyone,

-Mark

Just an update on the Blue/Black/Aero. I ordered on 3/14 and got it yesterday. I live near the factory so someone just drove it over to my work and dropped it off. The lady who dropped it off was in recruiting and said everyone was pitching in to help with deliveries. The car was in good shape but a little dirty with our recent rains. I’m excited to have the new ride!