Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just learned a couple of things, which I'll pass along: As some reading this might recall, I was initially assigned a VIN for a 2018 model which I said I did not want (also due to the fact that I changed from gray to white exterior). The old VIN remained on my account, but I was assured that it would not prevent me from being matched to a 2019 white/white car. Friday I received a text that my delivery date was 3/29. I was excited, but concerned that this reflected the original 2018 gray car with the old VIN. I called today and learned that, yes, it apparently does. I do not have a VIN assigned to my order (placed 3/07) at this point. I was told it was possible I would be assigned a VIN soon, however, so I am hopeful for that.

We had to actually cancel our old order where the VIN got messed up and create a new one. Was assured the refund would come within 10 days.

Late last night, the same VIN reappeared on my order page along with a new Dedham pick-up date of 3/29. I've tried calling twice but got nothing but voicemail, and no call-back. This is starting to get tiresome.

An update, in case anybody's keeping score: I got a call today from a delivery guy who helped cut through some road blocks on my order page. It's still showing a 3/29 delivery date in Dedham, MA, but I was assured that the car would be delivered to me in Rhode Island; however, he said it could take a few days to arrange for transport from the delivery center to Rhode Island, so I probably won't get it until sometime next week. Fortunately, I'm not under any sort of deadline to get the car soon.

Just learned a couple of things, which I'll pass along: As some reading this might recall, I was initially assigned a VIN for a 2018 model which I said I did not want (also due to the fact that I changed from gray to white exterior). The old VIN remained on my account, but I was assured that it would not prevent me from being matched to a 2019 white/white car. Friday I received a text that my delivery date was 3/29. I was excited, but concerned that this reflected the original 2018 gray car with the old VIN. I called today and learned that, yes, it apparently does. I do not have a VIN assigned to my order (placed 3/07) at this point. I was told it was possible I would be assigned a VIN soon, however, so I am hopeful for that.

Oh... and one other thing; the rep I spoke with at Tesla (who has been very helpful and straightforward in cutting through some of the ambiguities of this process, as well as getting my paint comped) told me that this forum was a mixture of real, honest people sharing their experiences, and also trolls. The rep stated that there are instances in this forum of people claiming to have ordered a car on one day, been assigned a VIN almost immediately, taken delivery, and that when they checked it, it could not have happened. So... the takeaway, I guess, is that we take what we see here with a grain of salt. I know I'm real, and I'm sure most of you are, but not everything we see in this thread is necessarily true or accurate given the nature of things in cyberspace.

Sounds exactly like something a troll would say. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: InParadise
An update, in case anybody's keeping score: I got a call today from a delivery guy who helped cut through some road blocks on my order page. It's still showing a 3/29 delivery date in Dedham, MA, but I was assured that the car would be delivered to me in Rhode Island; however, he said it could take a few days to arrange for transport from the delivery center to Rhode Island, so I probably won't get it until sometime next week. Fortunately, I'm not under any sort of deadline to get the car soon.

Our cars must be on the same transport! I was originally supposed to take delivery 3/26 but it got pushed back to 3/30.

Reactions: srs5694
Another update on my reservation: Just spoke with the team at delivery here in Palm Springs, and was told that they have "ten to twelve" people locally who were texted delivery dates for this week without having VINs assigned. He said he believes it means that this means the cars we had ordered were in production and that the system expects us to be matched to specific VINs very soon. He said we may well end up taking delivery on or near the dates we were given.

So... that's what I'm hoping is going on. I'll update as things unfold. I'm hoping that soon I'll be sharing some photos.

I just picked up. Car is pretty much ship shape. There was a small ding in the paint, appears to be under the clear coat, on the driver door. And there was some weird smudge of paint on the passenger door that they fixed on the spot (with a razor). Car is amazing! Looking forward to driving it a lot more.

The Costa Mesa delivery and service center is the main delivery hub for all of Orange County, which probably has more Teslas than anywhere other than the Bay Area. When I picked up my car on Thursday, the place was dead. I'd say there were one or two other customers there besides me, and at least 30 Tesla employees standing around. I spent over an hour going over the car to make sure it was OK and nobody seemed the slightest bit bothered about how long I was taking. When I didn't like how one of the door trim pieces lined up, they offered to take it to the service center to fix it. It came back ten minutes later and was fixed perfectly.

So I guess every location is different regarding overall volume. Your experience may vary significantly.

Might be because it's a Thursday? ... We picked up at Costa Mesa on Saturday, it was consistent but not as crazy super busy as I'd imagine December 2018 was.

We spent about 1.5 hours total for trade-in, paperwork, orientation, and extra extra time so we could get fully comfortable with the setup/features and profiles. I think if we didn't need to spend the extra time, we could've been in and out in about 50 minutes.

During our time there, I watched 10 other new owners drIve out the garage (applauded from the Tesla employees). Those empty stalls were quickly filled up within 5-10 minutes with another vehicle prepped for pick up.
Didn't look into the lobby to see how busy it was when we were driving.
Honestly felt like a Saturn commercial, but with a way more fun car.

View attachment 389550 Finally got delivery confirmation for to da March 23 330pm. So much for that personalized experience. See email image. I am excited. It’s only 1 week delayed. Will post once I pick it up. Long planned Road trip tomorrow.
So received my car Saturday. The “orientation” was actually pretty nice. I sort of assumed a group of us in a room. But they had the cars in service bays w Tesla volunteers to show us all the car and answer questions. All 1x1. There were only 2 of us. One for S and me. We ran thru my check list. Finance was ready to go. That took 15 min of signatures. Transferred stuff from trade in. Not much. They took off plates and I’m awaiting DMV registration.

Of note the back glass panel was out of alignment. Too much space (beyond spec according to Service dude and his little measurement tool). They have ordered a new glass and will call me for an appt. not a big deal they handled it beautifully.

Next day we did 150 miles round trip to Valley of Fire NV state park. A dream drive. Friend drove us back and loved it.

Supercharging at Las Vegas Town Square on a sunday mid afternoon. Note to self - Californians all use that one to top up before going home. And one station was not working. Reported to Tesla. And etiquette was pretty good except for a guy who insisted in parking across three parking spots making it difficult to pull into chargers “I’m here all the time. This is how we do it and snake thru the parking lot. Yes blocking parking spaces for restaurants etc. don’t you worry about me.” Teslass
Also of note was checking the station on the 45 min drive back and went 0-2 available. When I got there it was clear people were idling their cars while full charged. Many I talked to had free charging so wonder if they are charged idle time or don’t give a crap for the rest of us. I was there 45 min and only 4 cars moved.
Took 20 min to charge, $5 and on my way charged for the week.

Reactions: ebNautilus
I'm finally coming out of lurking to add to this post.

Order date: March 19
Text with "tentative" delivery date: March 29

Can't get anyone from Tesla to confirm payment method or trade-in. Just lots of "yea that'll be handled closer to delivery, usually 4-5 days beforehand" which is getting frustrating. I just one one hard answer to any of my questions.

Called again today about confirming my "tentative delivery date" and was told they can't yet confirm it. Requested to see if there were other variations that might be available that WILL convert my delivery date from tentative, to confirmed. Currently waiting for a reply.

Was one of those that got the "Tentative" delivery date of 3/29 this past Friday (three days ago). Ordered on 3/17 LR RWD White/White.

Just got an update message from an Advisor:
"Hello, My name is ____ and I will be your Advisor for your Model 3 purchase. Please at this time disregard all texts/emails pertaining to a scheduled appointment. I will connect with you once a VIN has been assigned and we will discuss next steps."

I confirmed if this meant I'll be getting a later than 3/29 delivery. Sadly seems I got a little too hopeful!

Houston, TX

update to mine.

Ordered 3/2. LR RWD Black on White.
My delivery dates kept getting pushed to finally removed all together yesterday. Many phone calls and messages to tesla to no response on whats going on with my order. Finally got a generic email saying to ignore any emails or texts about deliveries. I responded about other variations to expedite my delivery since its well past the 2 week period. I was given one that was blue instead of black and could have it this week. But they want me to pay an extra $2000. I said no way. They still can't give me a date when I will receive my original order. I'm getting closer to withdrawing my order and getting a Mercedes Bluetec for half the cost.

I'm finally coming out of lurking to add to this post.

Order date: March 19
Text with "tentative" delivery date: March 29

Can't get anyone from Tesla to confirm payment method or trade-in. Just lots of "yea that'll be handled closer to delivery, usually 4-5 days beforehand" which is getting frustrating. I just one one hard answer to any of my questions.

Called again today about confirming my "tentative delivery date" and was told they can't yet confirm it. Requested to see if there were other variations that might be available that WILL convert my delivery date from tentative, to confirmed. Currently waiting for a reply.
I submitted my order on the 10th, so consider yourself fortunate if they delivery yours on the 29th.