Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well.

::: S I G H :::

Just got a call from my delivery rep. My car, I am told, did not pass inspection. The fix would take approximately a week. They found an identical car, and are having it delivered sometime this weekend. Sunday seems likely, Saturday is possible.

The rep was very nice, I must say, and I was comped $500 in Tesla merchandise from their online store. That's nearly enough for a level 2 charger. I'm let down, because I was excited, but, I have to say... I'm once again impressed with the efforts of the team delivering my car, and I greatly appreciated that merchandise credit.

Well.

Just got a call from my delivery rep. My car, I am told, did not pass inspection. The fix would take approximately a week. They found an identical car, and are having it delivered sometime this weekend. Sunday seems likely, Saturday is possible.

The rep was very nice, I must say, and I was comped $500 in Tesla merchandise from their online store. That's nearly enough for a level 2 charger. I'm let down, because I was excited, but, I have to say... I'm once again impressed with the efforts of the team delivering my car, and I greatly appreciated that merchandise credit.

Fyi the mobile charger that comes with the car is level 2. Might be best to spend that credit on other items....like things for me. :)

• Funny
Reactions: destructure00
Well.

Sorry to hear that, at least you get some free goodies! Did you pay cash or finance? Seems like changing the VIN post funding might cause some headaches if you are doing financing.

Sorry to hear that, at least you get some free goodies! Did you pay cash or finance? Seems like changing the VIN post funding might cause some headaches if you are doing financing.

Financed through Tesla. I just had to click and re-sign the sales contract. Changing the VIN with insurance company was MUCH more difficult. That was an hour process with a thick-headed rep on the phone.

Reactions: St3LR
Fyi the mobile charger that comes with the car is level 2. Might be best to spend that credit on other items....like things for me. :)

So, I must have been mistaken - I thought the included charger worked with 110 only and was the sort that only added about 5 miles of range per hour of charging. What functionality (if any) do those $500 wall chargers (the silver and black one) that are sold in the Tesla online store offer above the included charger?

So, I must have been mistaken - I thought the included charger worked with 110 only and was the sort that only added about 5 miles of range per hour of charging. What functionality (if any) do those $500 wall chargers (the silver and black one) that are sold in the Tesla online store offer above the included charger?
A higher charging rate for your car and a permanent station.
Tesla Model 3 Home Charging Guide | TeslaTap

If your panel can support it you can charge up to 80 amps with a wall charger using a 100amp breaker.

Final Update

3/10 - Ordered LR RWD, MSM, 19" Wheels, Black Premium Interior.
3/21 - Received delivery appointment text tentatively scheduled for 3/29, no VIN assigned yet.
3/23 - Received call from Tesla offering to switch me to an AWD demo vehicle at a discount. I passed.
3/26 - 2019 VIN number appeared in my online account.
3/27 - Received text telling me I could pick up my car that same day. Had to schedule pick up the morning of the 28th.
3/28 - Picked up my car at 10 a.m. at the Costa Mesa Tesla center.

The car is amazing. Good luck to all of you.

Attachments

• 20190328_165349_HDR.jpg
    20190328_165349_HDR.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 20190328_165357.jpg
    20190328_165357.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 55
If your panel can support it you can charge up to 80 amps with a wall charger using a 100amp breaker.

But the car will not support 80 Amps so you are paying for charging that you can't use.
Very few panels have support for an extra 100 Amps.

Hope that is clear as mud.....

The mobile charger can go to 40 amps unless that has changed (which I am 95% sure it hasn't). That gets 30 miles an hour on an S so 35+ on a 3 LR?

The LR can take 48 from my memory so a wall charger bumps you 20% if you have wiring and a panel to support it - so am thinking 42 miles an hour.

I have just built a new house. We have 6 years on a Leaf and 4 on an S. I put in 50A outlets , 6 gauge wire. 40 Amps is just fine. With 325 mile range, it is really hard to come up with a scenario where that 48 instead of 40 would be a meaningful difference. Mind you, I have 10 superchargers in 150 miles.

Back on topic. Got home delivery yesterday of our Non-AP black on black. 15 minutes to sign paperwork if that. Ordered 3/2 I believe. Drove it on a short trip (for chinese - I know the smell - I didn't feel like using the frunk) and it is just so darn nimble compared to an S. If you can't have fun driving this car, you are hopeless and need medication.....

It is my understanding (will find out in an hour!) that the included charger comes with adaptors for both a regular 110 outlet (with slow charging as described) and a NEMA 10-50 outlet (charges 20/30? miles of range per hour). The expensive wall chargers increase that a little - if your homes circuits can handle it - but at a great deal more expense. Look at getting a NEMA 10-50 outlet installed by your breaker box, should be a great deal cheaper than going the fancy wall charger route.

"It is my understanding (will find out in an hour!) that the included charger comes with adaptors for both a regular 110 outlet (with slow charging as described) and a NEMA 10-50 outlet (charges 20/30? miles of range per hour). The expensive wall chargers increase that a little - if your homes circuits can handle it - but at a great deal more expense. Look at getting a NEMA 10-50 outlet installed by your breaker box, should be a great deal cheaper than going the fancy wall charger route."

This should say 14-50 adapter, not 10-50.

"It is my understanding (will find out in an hour!) that the included charger comes with adaptors for both a regular 110 outlet (with slow charging as described) and a NEMA 10-50 outlet (charges 20/30? miles of range per hour). The expensive wall chargers increase that a little - if your homes circuits can handle it - but at a great deal more expense. Look at getting a NEMA 10-50 outlet installed by your breaker box, should be a great deal cheaper than going the fancy wall charger route."

This should say 14-50 adapter, not 10-50.

And you can also buy like 6 other adapter types for it to fit various plugs at various other amperage.

Lurking for awhile. Thought I'd add here for those still waiting.

Ordered MR blue/black, 19, and AP on 3/2 with delivery within 2 weeks. IDA called on 3/20 to advise MR no longer being made. Offered LR RWD for the price increase of $4100 CAD and he then comped the paint and wheels. So net $100 more to move to LR. Sounded good to me so I took it.

Last Friday (3/22) delivery date showed up for 3/30. No VIN assigned and no contact from anyone. Called this morning 3/29 as nothing had changed and 24 hours to delivery. Advised still no VIN and they would move my delivery. I just checked and now showing 4/27 as new delivery! Another month to go. Was getting way too excited.

Ordered MR blue/black, 19, and AP on 3/2 with delivery within 2 weeks. IDA called on 3/20 to advise MR no longer being made. Offered LR RWD for the price increase of $4100 CAD and he then comped the paint and wheels. So net $100 more to move to LR. Sounded good to me so I took it.

Last Friday (3/22) delivery date showed up for 3/30. No VIN assigned and no contact from anyone. Called this morning 3/29 as nothing had changed and 24 hours to delivery. Advised still no VIN and they would move my delivery. I just checked and now showing 4/27 as new delivery! Another month to go. Was getting way too excited.
They extended it a whole month?? That’s crazy.. I’m literally in the same boat as you (ordered MR 02/26 and had to upgrade to LR with waived paint and wheel cost) and am supposed to take delivery tomorrow. No vin and no communication from my SC. There is no way I will be okay with waiting another whole month..

Keep the faith, maybe they will call you early :)

2/28 Ordered mid range red ext , white int, 19” wheels w Autopilot from store salesperson in Honolulu within 30 min of price reductions. She said there was one on west coast and I would take delivery in 2-3 weeks. She was fired a few days later with her entire store being closed.
3/5 I called Tesla and they said there was no car matching my description and it could be weeks or a couple months with no eta.
3/17 Mid range discontinued
3/20 Received an email and a voicemail from Tesla Fremont saying they had “an update” they would like to discuss with me.
3/21 After much discussion about options salesperson upcharged me $3000 for LR but gave me the $2500 red paint for free, so am now paint $500 more for LR
3/25 and 3/27 called and emailed same Tesla Fremont salesperson with no response