Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup exactly. Basically the people who pay the most get burned the most, as per usual with Tesla
Yeah it’s a bunch of BS. I don’t like using the word entitled but when I work extremely hard and make sacrifices to buy a Plaid all to see somebody who bought a base turtle 3 get it it’s very frustrating. (not trying to knock anyone who can’t afford a Plaid) I’m just saying if you spend so much money on a car and have bought FSD as many times as I have it’s pretty frustrating to see this going on. I’ve bought it on 5 cars I mean come on

No

I'm saying their highest paying customers should not get burned like this. It was a huge dick move to exclude all yokes without telling us. We should get it equally like everyone else who got 100/100, not first dibs.

What do you mean bumped? Sounds like they just picked 1000 people with perfect scores. I'm sure your specific SKU is not a huge portion of the pool so none got picked this round.

bologna.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
We have a 3 and a Y. On the 3 (my car) I had 138 miles yesterday with a total score of 100. In fact, I had 6 straight days of 100 scores from like Wednesday thru Sunday with over 500 miles. Yet didn't get the email or the software download this morning.

So frustrating, cause I've been driving like my mother-in-law for 2 weeks now.

On the Y the score is 93, since it's my wife's car and she refuses to drive like her mother - maybe that's the issue somehow??
I am in the same boat. My 3 has a score of 100 with over 300 miles, my wife’s Y has a score of 90, and I have not received any update yet.

Sounds like you don't like the car. Personally I would not want beta testers who were attracted to the idea of the Plaid cars. I'm surprised you'd think otherwise. Your constant whining about yoke is ...incredibly childish. Altogether I can only surmise that the rollout of the beta is better managed than I thought and that you are likely still not a tesla owner.
@nativewolf Another "swing and a miss"! Want to try a third time?!

If you did any research on me or my posts, you would not sound like an uniformed fool on these boards - I love the yoke (but not the buttons) and even went so far as to put a yoke in my new MYP.

You sir, or madam, may want to seek counseling, based on all the thumbs downs 👎 your posts you are racking up, and with other TMC member's adding you to their "ignore" list! 🤣

Last edited:
So, similar experience to the Parlor trick, Smart Summon, when it came out? Try it for a day or two and then never use it again ‘cause it’s just that, a parlor trick?
the difference is they pretty much released summon and then did nothing with it. here, if we get new NN engines deployed to cars every few weeks, it's worth checking in to see if things get better. as beta testers, we should be doing more than just trying it once or twice, IMO.

sorry to hear about S Plaid being excluded :(

Sounds like you don't like the car. Personally I would not want beta testers who were attracted to the idea of the Plaid cars. I'm surprised you'd think otherwise. Your constant whining about yoke is ...incredibly childish. Altogether I can only surmise that the rollout of the beta is better managed than I thought and that you are likely still not a tesla owner.
The real troll has been outed. :)

Welcome to my Ignore list. Please enjoy your stay.

For those of you concerned about the aggressiveness has anyone tried changing the settings like Driving>>Acceleration to CHILL or Autopilot>>Customize NOA>> speed based Lane changes to Average or Mild? Not sure either will make a difference. I'll try to test later today.
In my first drive this morning it was "rolling" the stop signs. I had the lane changes set to medium. I moved that down one notch and that seemed to make it much better. So good tip here!

@jebinc and @Venom

IMO, I think the reason that they didn't include yokers yet is because of the way that FSD Beta spins the steering wheel around.

I'm going to see if I can get my wife or one of my kids to hurry and take a video of it sometime, as it's actually unbelievable at how fast it spins the damn steering wheel!

I can't imagine trying to catch a yoke when it's spinning like that.

The other thought is that maybe the new chips (that they had to write last minute code for) in the refresh cars just haven't had the needed code added to the FSD Beta stack yet? I guess that's a possibility.

But I'd really hate to try and grab a yoke when FSD Beta is having a moment with it. Even if your hands are already ON the yoke when it starts spinning it would be difficult.

Edited to correct words that came out of my mind correctly, but out of my fingers wrong. But hey, the coffee is still brewing. ;)

Last edited:
@jebinc and @Venom

IMO, I think the reason that they didn't include yokers yet is because of the way that FSD Beta spins the steering wheel around.

I'm going to see if I can get my wife or one of my kids to hurry and take a video of it sometime, as it's actually unbelievable at how fast it spins the damn steering wheel!

I can't imagine trying to catch a yoke when it's spinning like that.

The other thought is that maybe the new chips (that they had to right last minute code for) in the refresh cars just haven't had the needed code added to the FSD Beta stack yet? I guess that's a possibility.

But I'd really hate to try and grab a yoke when FSD Beta is having a moment with it.
@Phlier I totally agree, which is why I thought we might not see even the "button" 2021.32.22 release. Since Tesla did allow us to enroll, my yoke inclusion concerns were a bit more muted. Fast forward today, after two+ weeks of driving to keep the score at 100, only not to be told outright that 100 score yokers will not be seeing the Beta FSD release in the first wave (or near future). Only passive-aggressive silence. @MarcG @venon

Would be nice to have a thread with only FSD Beta drivers in it.

Was in a highway and going to a exit to surface street when a "confirm to change lanes" came up.

Maybe it would have eventually taken the lane change and exit but didn't want to miss my exit.

All other lane changes have been done on their own.

You may have to check that your "confirm lane changes" setting in Navigate on Autopilot is set to no confirmation.

• Helpful
Reactions: dduffey and Phlier
Why can you enable both FSD Beta and Stoplight Beta? What happens when you turn off stoplight Beta with FSD Beta on?

So far so good for me ... A bit aggressive with lots of traffic around .. less confident on wide resedential streets with unclear markings but well established local "culture". Wanted to stay in center if wide lane when people stay to the left to turn left and stay to the right to turn right.
When you're disenegaged from FSD, the sound still chimes on green

Reactions: dduffey
No

I'm saying their highest paying customers should not get burned like this. It was a huge dick move to exclude all yokes without telling us. We should get it equally like everyone else who got 100/100, not first dibs.
Ah, ok! Sorry, but I didn't read your post that way.

I do agree that Tesla should have done a MUCH better job communicating the qualifications for getting accepted into the beta - not just to yoke wheelers, but to everyone. All of the info should have been on the INITIAL button press screen including:
  • which models and years were eligible;
  • whether there was a minimum mileage per day requirement;
  • whether there was a minimum safety score needed to be in the first wave;
  • the end date and time Tesla would use to determine who qualified for the beta; and
  • the manner in which those who qualified would find out about their acceptance.
(There also should have been some info as to what would happen next in the process for those who didn't qualify.)

I completely get that IT and cutting edge technology can be unpredictable, riddled with unexpected delays, etc. But the stuff I outlined is really just basic customer service 101. It's the bare minimum one would expect - especially when it comes to dealing with paying customers who are essentially volunteering to test the software without any compensation.

I can't actually believe that any Plaid owner would think they are good candidates for a beta FSD rollout. By selection and purchasing decision they are aggressive speed oriented drivers. Terrible candidates for a FSD beta. So some Plaid owners dialed in aggressive behavior trying to game a safety score? Great, roads were safer for a week. Keep driving more carefully, the entire idea of Plaid is pretty much selection against FSD until it is really ready and by definition it is not ready for wide release. What a bunch of whining immature brats
So you think that people who paid the most for their cars should get first dibs? If so, then that's a very elitest opinion.

Ah, ok! Sorry, but I didn't read your post that way.

I do agree that Tesla should have done a MUCH better job communicating the qualifications for getting accepted into the beta - not just to yoke wheelers, but to everyone. All of the info should have been on the INITIAL button press screen including:
  • which models and years were eligible;
  • whether there was a minimum mileage per day requirement;
  • whether there was a minimum safety score needed to be in the first wave;
  • the end date and time Tesla would use to determine who qualified for the beta; and
  • the manner in which those who qualified would find out about their acceptance.
(There also should have been some info as to what would happen next in the process for those who didn't qualify.)

I completely get that IT and cutting edge technology can be unpredictable, riddled with unexpected delays, etc. But the stuff I outlined is really just basic customer service 101. It's the bare minimum one would expect - especially when it comes to dealing with paying customers who are essentially volunteering to test the software without any compensation.
If only they had a PR department or literally anyone other than Musk's Twitter posts at 2am

Here are my impressions after only 30 minutes:
  • It hugs too close to the center of the roads in my neighborhood with no lane markings, in some cases driving right down the middle
  • I had to goose the accelerator several times to keep the car from outright stopping when it didn't need to. Admittedly these were typically tricky situations like entering roundabouts.
  • As another poster recommended, it feels better to reduce the speed limit to +0, otherwise the car feels like it is driving very aggressively even though it's really just driving as fast as you would normally.
  • It feels extremely scary when interacting with other cars, but I think this is mostly psychological because so far I have not seen it do anything completely incorrectly.
  • On one residential turn, it crossed much too far over onto the left side of the intersection corner. Was kind of crazy, actually. No cars were around, but if my 17 year old son had made the turn the way it did, I would have yelled at him about it.
  • I wish there was a way to influence the route that the navigation chooses. There are two routes to my kids' school, the preferred route is just slightly longer but ends up approaching the school from the opposite direction where you won't need to turn left across heavy traffic which usually backs up in the morning.
I just want to add that, for all of the FSD beta's faults, let's just keep some perspective. This is HISTORIC. Rome wasn't built in a day. I can't imagine how good this will be in a year... or five years.