Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@jebinc and @Venom

IMO, I think the reason that they didn't include yokers yet is because of the way that FSD Beta spins the steering wheel around.

I'm going to see if I can get my wife or one of my kids to hurry and take a video of it sometime, as it's actually unbelievable at how fast it spins the damn steering wheel!

I can't imagine trying to catch a yoke when it's spinning like that.

The other thought is that maybe the new chips (that they had to write last minute code for) in the refresh cars just haven't had the needed code added to the FSD Beta stack yet? I guess that's a possibility.

But I'd really hate to try and grab a yoke when FSD Beta is having a moment with it.

Edited to correct words that came out of my mind correctly, but out of my fingers wrong. But hey, the coffee is still brewing. ;)
The yoke was designed when FSD was still on schedule to be out of beta by now. It wouldn't make any sense to put a round wheel on just to beta test FSD when that would just block your view when watching movies once FSD is released.

I can't actually believe that any Plaid owner would think they are good candidates for a beta FSD rollout. By selection and purchasing decision they are aggressive speed oriented drivers. Terrible candidates for a FSD beta. So some Plaid owners dialed in aggressive behavior trying to game a safety score? Great, roads were safer for a week. Keep driving more carefully, the entire idea of Plaid is pretty much selection against FSD until it is really ready and by definition it is not ready for wide release. What a bunch of whining immature brats
"L"

Reactions: FSDtester#1
IMO, I think the reason that they didn't include yokers yet is because of the way that FSD Beta spins the steering wheel around.
Whereas I wouldn't discount this as a reason, after driving it for a while, I could catch the yoke as fast as a wheel.

I think it's more likely due to the fact that the refresh S (and X, when it comes out) software is still a slightly underbaked - a Frankenstein merge of the new v11 UI, shoved into the 10.2 code (not the confusingly numbered FSD 10.2 which is not related to the overall current software which is also 10.2). They might've not had time to work it in for us.

That said, hopefully they can get back to pushing v11 to everyone and get it all on one branch there.

I can't actually believe that any Plaid owner would think they are good candidates for a beta FSD rollout. By selection and purchasing decision they are aggressive speed oriented drivers. Terrible candidates for a FSD beta. So some Plaid owners dialed in aggressive behavior trying to game a safety score? Great, roads were safer for a week. Keep driving more carefully, the entire idea of Plaid is pretty much selection against FSD until it is really ready and by definition it is not ready for wide release. What a bunch of whining immature brats
Thats like saying anyone who got the performance model should be excluded.

If they at least prove they can be super cautious and get a 100 score in the 2 weeks, they should have it.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Whereas I wouldn't discount this as a reason, after driving it for a while, I could catch the yoke as fast as a wheel.

I think it's more likely due to the fact that the refresh S (and X, when it comes out) software is still a slightly underbaked - a Frankenstein merge of the new v11 UI, shoved into the 10.2 code (not the confusingly numbered FSD 10.2 which is not related to the overall current software which is also 10.2). They might've not had time to work it in for us.

That said, hopefully they can get back to pushing v11 to everyone and get it all on one branch there.
@DukeofURL That's logical thinking, yes, however, Tesla released 2021.32.22 (button request) to the yokers, and blocked the yokers from getting the yoke safety improvements that only non FSD cars received in 2021.36 (coming from 2021.32.21 - non FSD car release, sans "button"). And now, to add insult to injury, we neither get the yoke safety improvements, or the FSD beta release (for owners with a 100 score), only the request "button". Complete and utter horshite, IMHO.

@DukeofURL That's logical thinking, yes, however, Tesla released 2021.32.22 (button request) to the yokers, and blocked the yokers from getting the yoke safety improvements that only non FSD cars received in 2021.36 (coming from 2021.32.21 - non FSD car release, sans "button"). And now, to add insult to injury, we neither get the yoke safety improvements, or the FSD beta release (for users with a 100 score), only the request "button". Complete and utter horshite, IMHO.
I guess we will get a tweet about it soon ...

I think Plaid owners got button request by mistake or they do intend to include them, but are delaying for whatever reason.

FSD reporting question.

I'm not sure I understand the email. If there is an issue, you tap the camera on the car's screen and that automatically sends a clip to tesla? But then you have to email later on? And remember the time? Seems a bit kludgy if that's right. Or do I have this incorrect on reporting?

Thats like saying anyone who got the performance model should be excluded.

If they at least prove they can be super cautious and get a 100 score in the 2 weeks, they should have it.

Guys, please don't feed the troll.

The only reason he's posting is because he's getting responses.

If you ignore it, it'll go away.

He WANTS to rile people up with nonsensical arguments. He gets his jollies off of it. Don't help him reach troll climax.

As much as a Tesla Fanboi as I am, I have to say... Elon seriously messed up by expanding the beta this widely.
I don't agree only in that we were told this we would be active beta testers and would have to deal with the higher stress environment of helping make FSD better. This was explained by Chuck Cook as well in a few of his videos and he said the same thing - don't expect a finished product. I asked to be in the beta program with eyes wide open and will be very vigilant on streets, but enjoying the improvements over the current AP. I am also hoping we will see some of the improvements over the next few weeks.

I use a yoke at work (airline pilot), and I'm telling ya... I would NOT want to attempt to grab that yoke when FSD Beta is spinning it. It doesn't do it often, thank God, but when it wants to spin it, it REALLY SPINS IT!

Broken fingers are a definite possibility.

But yes, I also agree about the Frankenstein merge, too.

• Love
Reactions: Venom and jebinc
We have a 3 and a Y. On the 3 (my car) I had 138 miles yesterday with a total score of 100. In fact, I had 6 straight days of 100 scores from like Wednesday thru Sunday with over 500 miles. Yet didn't get the email or the software download this morning.
What was your overall averaged score on Friday and with how many miles (less than 100 score or less than 100 miles in total)?

I was at 99 on Friday but just barely got to an overall 100 on Sunday afternoon with over 1200 miles. So far, I have no FSD Beta email but haven’t checked inside the car yet for any download notice.

I’m unsure if anyone has shown definitively yet that the safety score cutoff was Friday night (or some other night prior to the weekend). Has anyone who improved to a score of 100 over the weekend actually gotten the download or email yet?

Last edited:
Reactions: DDotJ and EVNow
I use a yoke at work (airline pilot), and I'm telling ya... I would NOT want to attempt to grab that yoke when FSD Beta is spinning it. It doesn't do it often, thank God, but when it wants to spin it, it REALLY SPINS IT!

Broken fingers are a definite possibility.

But yes, I also agree about the Frankenstein merge, too.
I would’ve thought it’d be just as easy/easier to catch a yoke since it’s not round and you can just put your hand in its path to stop it?

Unless it’s so violent that it’d hurt someone haha

FSD reporting question.

I'm not sure I understand the email. If there is an issue, you tap the camera on the car's screen and that automatically sends a clip to tesla? But then you have to email later on? And remember the time? Seems a bit kludgy if that's right. Or do I have this incorrect on reporting?
You don't have to email them when you take a snapshot.

But you can email them feedback as an option if you feel additional information is needed for a particular situation
It states:
You can email your feedback
In your email please include date, time, location, and if you took an Autopilot snapshot. This helps us investigate issues, and better understand your feedback.

Attachments

• feedback.jpg
    feedback.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 49
So, turning off the beta will make AP "work" the same as before.

The difference is that AP/NOA is vision only even when you turn off FSD Beta.
Not sure about this - specifically if the radar is only disabled when FSD beta is turned on. I think all cars on FSD beta (whether the beta is turned on or not) only use pure vision. I could be wrong, but that's my impression.

Reactions: BM3B and Yuri_G
We have a 3 and a Y. On the 3 (my car) I had 138 miles yesterday with a total score of 100. In fact, I had 6 straight days of 100 scores from like Wednesday thru Sunday with over 500 miles. Yet didn't get the email or the software download this morning.

So frustrating, cause I've been driving like my mother-in-law for 2 weeks now.

On the Y the score is 93, since it's my wife's car and she refuses to drive like her mother - maybe that's the issue somehow??
Yes, if you have more than one Tesla, all must have 100 score.

I don't agree only in that we were told this we would be active beta testers and would have to deal with the higher stress environment of helping make FSD better. This was explained by Chuck Cook as well in a few of his videos and he said the same thing - don't expect a finished product. I asked to be in the beta program with eyes wide open and will be very vigilant on streets, but enjoying the improvements over the current AP. I am also hoping we will see some of the improvements over the next few weeks.
I do agree that they do need to bring onboard more testers, that's for sure. Where I think the mistake lies is in adding so many more testers as rapidly as they have, and have planned to add in the coming weeks. But then, it might be a case of "need input" (said in the voice of Johnny Five), and the more data they can cram into the AI, the faster it'll improve. So it might very well be a situation of where they really need more testers.

I just hope no one gets hurt.

Reactions: HighZ