Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't confirm it but there seems to be a correlation. I have a Model Y with 100 score with over 1,500 miles. Was out of town and not able to push the beta button on Model 3 until week later. The Model 3 has 60 miles and 99 score.

They both are on the same Tesla account.

Noticed others with multiple Teslas post they did not receive beta.

Anyone else add information?
For both my Y and 3, we pushed the button as soon as it came out. The Y is at a score of 90 with hundreds of miles, the 3 at a score of 100 with over 300 miles. The 3 did dip down to 99 on Thursday, and increased back to 100 on Friday at 9:15 pm Pacific time (in case the timing is why we haven't gotten FSD). Both cars are under the same account (in case that is a differentiating factor for others). And we have not gotten FSD Beta for the 3 yet, as of 11:20 Pacific Monday.

So what's the feeling on why no Plaid/S LR's getting the Beta yet? Is it entirely because of the yoke or something else to do with the car? They had the Button and the Safety Score.

What would make the yoke too big of a risk (in Tesla's opinion, not ours). I have my reservations about using a spinning yoke, but this is Tesla's system so what matters is their opinion.

I really doubt it is the yoke. My guess it is software/hardware specific to the refreshes. Like someone posted it might be the UI10.2 to 11 issue. I am sure Elon will grace us with communication within the next two weeks. Not regretting the decision to buy the FSD anymore than the decision to buy Tesla at this point...

Because of that, I have thought of getting a magnet that says something like "Full Self-Driving Car - Please Be Patient" or something like that. Many times, I disengaged at turns because of cars creeping up my trunk and anxious to get someplace. A roof-top sign might be more obvious, but that is more aesthetic damage than I am willing to accept.
You know what you need? ;)

s-l1600.jpg

CAUTION: STUDENT ROBOTAXI bumper MAGNET sticker/decal for Tesla Autopilot FSD | eBay :cool:

I just switched mine out this morning (from "I'm Probably Not Driving" to this) and it's never felt so appropriate. haha

I took a video of the maiden trip that I may or may not post. The audio is terrible, as it's from a GoPro type camera on a suction mount attached to the sunroof (how does Teslabjorn do it?). Very rumbly. If Youtube isn't complete inundated with FSD vids by this evening, I'll consider editing it and trying to filter out the rumble. But it might be a straightforward, non-influencer take on FSD.

curious if anyone else can test this scenario for me.

My FSD is having trouble going through a green light -- it was a stop sign 3 months ago and they put up a stoplight. So the car stops at the green light and I have to think it is due to it used to being a stop sign.

So if anyone knows of a similar situation in your area, can you give it a test run to see if you see similar behavior?

curious if anyone else can test this scenario for me.

My FSD is having trouble going through a green light -- it was a stop sign 3 months ago and they put up a stoplight. So the car stops at the green light and I have to think it is due to it used to being a stop sign.

So if anyone knows of a similar situation in your area, can you give it a test run to see if you see similar behavior?

That sounds like you're not actually in FSD beta mode. Did you toggle it on in the Autopilot settings? What does your visualization look like?

• Helpful
Reactions: Phlier
That sounds like you're not actually in FSD beta mode. Did you toggle it on in the Autopilot settings? What does your visualization look like?
Oh, I absolutely have FSD beta. I have done a few test runs and my last run (5 miles each way), the only intervention I had was having to accelerate through a green light. It wasn't the normal indicator that pops up like on AP pre FSD. It just comes to a stop at a green light for some reason.

Again, the only possible reason I can come up with is the map that is loaded in the computer has stop signs and traffic lights programmed so it knows where they are and can anticipate them. I'm pretty sure this is true because it certainly "sees" some stop signs before I can see them. And since it was switched to a traffic light recently, it has 2 sets of instructions. One is the pre programed stop sign so it should stop, the other is that it is a green light at a traffic intersection. And it takes the safer option.

For both my Y and 3, we pushed the button as soon as it came out. The Y is at a score of 90 with hundreds of miles, the 3 at a score of 100 with over 300 miles. The 3 did dip down to 99 on Thursday, and increased back to 100 on Friday at 9:15 pm Pacific time (in case the timing is why we haven't gotten FSD). Both cars are under the same account (in case that is a differentiating factor for others). And we have not gotten FSD Beta for the 3 yet, as of 11:20 Pacific Monday.
Same account, two Teslas, one less than 100 score seems to be what is in common.

Anyone else support or refute this?

Oh, I absolutely have FSD beta. I have done a few test runs and my last run (5 miles each way), the only intervention I had was having to accelerate through a green light. It wasn't the normal indicator that pops up like on AP pre FSD. It just comes to a stop at a green light for some reason.

Again, the only possible reason I can come up with is the map that is loaded in the computer has stop signs and traffic lights programmed so it knows where they are and can anticipate them. I'm pretty sure this is true because it certainly "sees" some stop signs before I can see them. And since it was switched to a traffic light recently, it has 2 sets of instructions. One is the pre programed stop sign so it should stop, the other is that it is a green light at a traffic intersection. And it takes the safer option.
A few months ago, my 3 was having difficulty recognizing speed limit signs. Some speed limit signs, that is.

I did a camera re-calibration, and it has worked ever since.

Might be worth a shot?

probably a good use case for a snapshot and email explaining your hypothesis!

Plaid/LR S models also have a different UI compared to 3/Y and older S/X cars. I'm not saying that's the case, but they may not have put the finishing touches on that? Who knows...it could also be the yoke i suppose.
Let's be frank, not new news. Tesla knew this when it pushed 2021.32.22 to these cars, with "Button". Tesla also knew this when it excluded these same cars from yoke improvements found in 2021.36. We need to stop making excuses for, or rationalizing, poor execution, and/or communication from Tesla/EM on matters such as this one.

I did buy one.

These might also be appropriate....
View attachment 720265 View attachment 720266
Awh man. I dunno. I don't like the idea of saying "student driver" or "elderly driver" because, you know... there actually are those. FSD driving is absolutely in the uncanny valley right now - its mistakes don't look like human mistakes, its driving doesn't quite seem like human driving. It's best to call an egg an egg ;)

I might need to make different designs... maybe "Patience please - this car is learning" or something like that. It's a careful balance between keeping it short and readable, balancing perceptions people have about Teslas and autonomy, and making it look good. ;) Unfortunately I believe the Student Robotaxi one falls short on at least one of those. So I'm looking for new ideas worth investing the time into looking good... (spent a lot of time on "I'm Probably Not Driving" and the Student Robotaxi alike ;) )