Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think he's just trying to help you out and make sure no one rams your car. Think coal rolling, etc. (largely an extremely rare occurrence but it certainly does happen). CW permit may be a reference to a CCW concealed carry weapons permit though I'm not sure. In San Jose your magnetic stickers may be generally well tolerated though. I certainly wouldn't worry about having the stickers too much in the West Coast urban areas; I think they'll generally be regarded with tolerance, though I also wouldn't put the sticker on; I don't plan to have the vehicle perform any behaviors on FSD Beta that anyone outside the vehicle would notice - just going to be like any normal Tesla, driving fairly aggressively. If it's not behaving exactly how I would, I will disengage (or at least provide enough steering input that it probably will).
VERY common here.

I get coal rolled and EV hate here in small town Utah constantly. To the point that having FSD beta piss off other drivers just isn't an option.

I'll definitely be getting some sort of sticker to inform others that AI learning is in progress. And I'll just keep putting up with the coal rolling and EV hate as it comes. My wife says I have a talent for defusing tense moments, so let's just hope she's right. I have been able to get a few guys that have road raged me laughing in the past, so we'll see.

The only thing better than not suffering fools is to get the fool laughing. :D

It's his FIRST drive and already letting it go through a red light and posting it.

This is not starting off well at all.
Really not great. It definitely seems like they have enough beta testers that they can simply yank people off with very little provocation; it's not like they don't have a huge pool of validated testers now. Hopefully they will but not sure (probably won't be nearly as strict as they should be)! Fix up the two-button reset loophole ASAP, and keep on harvesting testers from the queue of stellar 100 safety scores.

Reactions: Yuri_G
I noticed on the map this morning a tiny stop light signal at an upcoming intersection. I didn't check if that was also the case for stop signs. I am pretty sure that it wasn't there before. Maybe it was a stop sign that was converted to a signal or just a mistake? I've had that happen to me as well though even before FSD Beta. On the freeway, it also will reduce the speed limit from 70 to 50 as if it thinks it is on the off-ramp. Map improvements are needed.

I have FSD but not the beta. It has shown stop lights on the map for quite some time for me.

curious if anyone else can test this scenario for me.

My FSD is having trouble going through a green light -- it was a stop sign 3 months ago and they put up a stoplight. So the car stops at the green light and I have to think it is due to it used to being a stop sign.

So if anyone knows of a similar situation in your area, can you give it a test run to see if you see similar behavior?
Somewhat similar mystery: There is a spot on a freeway near me where the car on wide release autopilot suddenly announces a speed limit decrease from 65 to 55 and slows down even though the old construction zone signage that said 55 was removed nearly a year ago after a two-year widening project. I haven’t checked that spot with FSD beta this morning but suspect it will do the same thing.

Even though our cars do read signs and stoplights, it must be true that they also rely on old map data for certain situations like your new stoplight and my speed limit change. BTW I have never had has this situation happen anywhere else so it is surely not a setting on my car causing the issue.

Last edited:
Exactly. Every single Tesla I have bought husband max start with every option. I’ve owned five all the way back to the early days and six if you include the one I bought for my sister that is sitting around until she turns 16. I even bought FSD for that car. Lucid is starting to look more and more appealing. At least they won’t give us these empty promises
I understand. It’s like: “Yes, but what have you done for me today?”

If it was the Yoke, then why did they give Yoke owners the button/Safety score then? Probably just poor planning on Tesla's part either way.
Sent an email to them via the [email protected] email address. You can too!

D387D4E3-E573-4FD2-97AC-F61A7C0BEB34.png

Reactions: FSDtester#1
There are lots of "Do not block intersection - $500 fine" signs on my way from the house to the highway. With my terrible 95 score I'm just kind of borrowing worries here, but does anyone know if it blocks intersections on busy streets in stop and go traffic?

There are lots of "Do not block intersection - $500 fine" signs on my way from the house to the highway. With my terrible 95 score I'm just kind of borrowing worries here, but does anyone know if it blocks intersections on busy streets in stop and go traffic?
I am guessing that it does not have that logic yet and you would have to disengage to FSD stop before it blocks. But I have no doubt as issues get cleaned up and it can read more and more signs, it will be able to recognize that.

However, that should not surprise anyone who has owned a Tesla for a minute or two.
I'm not referring to the mistake FSD made, but by the idiot driver on his first FSD drive allowing it on purpose and not taking over.
IF for whatever reason he didn't see a car coming with the lights off... bam, first FSD accident in < 24 hours after first beta expansion.
Chances of getting it with a 99 anytime soon are becoming slimmer and slimmer

Just realized I got the email/beta this morning. Took it for a drive, man, that was a bit scary. It's beta alright but felt a bit like an alpha. It's worst when it suddenly gets confused and starts toggling "should I go here or there?" and jerking the steering left and right with sudden accelerator/brake presses. The only time I suggest anyone using it right now is while you are actively helping with the beta program.

^That's obvious, it's what we signed up for but make no mistake, this is not something that's going to make your drive less fatiguing, more like making all your hair stand up - my wife took a pic of me right after I got out of the car...

images

While I am normally against social media bombing, I think that the Plaid Boyz have more than enough justification to blow up Elon's Twitter a bit.

I mean, come ON... would it kill him to at least put out a NUGGET of information for these guys? The folks that ponied up 150 large to buy Elon's flagship should at least deserve SOME sort of communication here.

At this point, it's just common courtesy.

I have been, and remain, an Elon/Tesla supporter... but let's not be afraid to call Elon and Tesla out on stuff they need to improve on. And just a TOUCH of communication for the guys ponying up the big bucks would be nice.
I feel the exact same way. I love Teslas but every Tesla I’ve bought has been the most expensive one you could possibly buy and purchased adversity multiple times. I don’t agree with slamming on social media but this is ridiculous. And I think if enough people keep blowing him up we may in fact to get an answer. There might be a good reason behind it and he should at least let us know but my one small tweeds is probably not going to get his attention but if we work together I think we could get an answer out of him

Hi Venom,

Amazing to find someone also near Rockford AND going for the FSD Beta. We will have to connect up IRL and compare experiences. And I say that not because I want to see your new Plaid. :p I appreciate the birthday wishes for FSD Beta!
You guys might consider finding a challenging route and compare if both cars, at the same time, manages or fail any crux you find. I would love to see if FSD beta has repeatable predictable behaviour.

Perhaps someone can ask WholeMarsCatalog to pose the question to Elon. It seems like EM responds quite frequently to his Twitter questions.
I will do that right now. But we should all do that. At this point I don’t really care who I piss off. I’ve been paying for FSD since 2016 (buying at least one brand new car every year)it’s getting old and these push backs and having to drive with this stupid score all to be let down today yes we need to tweet them and Elon

@ MarcG So, what would your plans be in "a couple of days" if you're passed over? To opt out and drive like you normally would? Smiling as you gave up 2+ weeks of not driving like you really wanted to, and enjoying the added depreciation accelerated miles to your car to achieve a useless safety score?! ;)
Yep, I don't spend much time dwelling on the past - just act for the future based on the best information available to me at the present time.

I believe you and I (and other Plaid owners) arguably own the best car on the planet, so I still highly appreciate the fortunate position I'm in :)

Reactions: EVNow
I feel the exact same way. I love Teslas but every Tesla I’ve bought has been the most expensive one you could possibly buy and purchased adversity multiple times. I don’t agree with slamming on social media but this is ridiculous. And I think if enough people keep blowing him up we may in fact to get an answer. There might be a good reason behind it and he should at least let us know but my one small tweeds is probably not going to get his attention but if we work together I think we could get an answer out of him
[email protected]. Send an email there to be heard (maybe). @Phlier

BF0235EB-351D-4DC2-B099-47C4A76B791D.png