Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can try it out, where do you do that? The thing that makes me think this is not the issue is my car is only a couple of months old and it doesn't have an issue at any other lights.
It's a menu item, but I'd need to run out to the car to find out the exact navigation to it.

Does it ever have a problem seeing any other signage?

I'll have to go run FSD through some brand new traffic lights (was have a bunch of brand new ones here in my rapidly growing town) and see how it fares.

Let's be frank, not new news. Tesla knew this when it pushed 2021.32.22 to these cars, with "Button". Tesla also knew this when it excluded these same cars from yoke improvements found in 2021.36. We need to stop making excuses for, or rationalizing, poor execution, and/or communication from Tesla/EM on matters such as this one.
I don't disagree with any of these points. I would just give them a bit more time to see if they deploy the update for refresh S owners (at least those who had 100% safety scores as of Friday) later today or tomorrow before making any conclusive assumptions - then it's back to opt-out and full Plaid engage mode again :)

I can't confirm it but there seems to be a correlation. I have a Model Y with 100 score with over 1,500 miles. Was out of town and not able to push the beta button on Model 3 until week later. The Model 3 has 60 miles and 99 score.

They both are on the same Tesla account.

Noticed others with multiple Teslas post they did not receive beta.

Anyone else add information?
I should have been more clear on my question. I'm asking about the case where the two Teslas in the household are on separate accounts, not the same account. From the responses I've seen so far, the car with a score of 100 would receive FSD Beta while the other car with a lower score would not, at this point in time. This does not appear to be the case where the two cars are on the same account.

Reactions: nvx1977 and Phlier
the map that is loaded in the computer has stop signs and traffic lights programmed
I noticed on the map this morning a tiny stop light signal at an upcoming intersection. I didn't check if that was also the case for stop signs. I am pretty sure that it wasn't there before. Maybe it was a stop sign that was converted to a signal or just a mistake? I've had that happen to me as well though even before FSD Beta. On the freeway, it also will reduce the speed limit from 70 to 50 as if it thinks it is on the off-ramp. Map improvements are needed.

Reactions: Phlier
Reactions: OK_3AWD
I don't disagree with any of these points. I would just give them a bit more time to see if they deploy the update for the refresh S owners (at least those who had 100% safety scores as of Friday) later today or tomorrow before making any conclusive assumptions - then it's back to opt-out and full Plaid engage mode again :)
@MarcG Yep, but it does seem ZERO folks here (or any forum/discord) have this configuration and the beta FSD load - So, it was intentionally not deployed as of this writing, for some uncommunicated reason. We can speculate all day long, but no one here really knows the reason for the "black out" on this and the yoke improvements that came to non FSD LRs/Plaids, via 2021.36. Oh, and that has been out for nearly two weeks, so it's fair to bitch about that, right? No yoke improvements, and no communications from EM or Tesla as to why the FSD enabled LRs and Plaids DIDN"T GET THE MUCH NEEDED YOKE IMPROVEMENTS that non FSD cars did! 🤪o_O

Seriously? Sounds ike a good-ole-boy magnet to me. You may also want to consider a CW permit as well. There's no way I'd advertise this - makes you an obvious target for any yahoo having a bad day..
"Good-ole-boy magnet"? "CW permit"? I don't know what language you're speaking, but I can just take from this that you don't like it. :rolleyes: Fine, carry on. But I like it, and over a thousand people now like "I'm Probably Not Driving" enough to buy one at least. Student Robotaxi isn't as popular but it's still not as repulsive as your reaction...

"Good-ole-boy magnet"? "CW permit"? I don't know what language you're speaking, but I can just take from this that you don't like it. :rolleyes: Fine, carry on. But I like it, and over a thousand people now like "I'm Probably Not Driving" enough to buy one at least. Student Robotaxi isn't as popular but it's still not as repulsive as your reaction...
Seriously? Sounds ike a good-ole-boy magnet to me. You may also want to consider a CW permit as well. There's no way I'd advertise this - makes you an obvious target for any yahoo having a bad day..
Oh well - I take it San Jose, CA is not like Columbus, OH. ;)

Reactions: FalconFour
@MarcG Yep, but it does seem ZERO folks here (or any forum/discord) have this configuration and the beta FSD load - So, it was intentionally not deployed as of this writing, for some uncommunicated reason. We can speculate all day long, but no one here really knows the reason for the "black out" on this and the yoke improvements that came to non FSD LRs/Plaids, via 2021.36. Oh, and that has been out for nearly two weeks, so it's fair to bitch about that, right? No yoke improvements, and no communications from EM or Tesla as to why the FSD enabled LRs and Plaids DIDN"T GET THE MUCH NEEDED YOKE IMPROVEMENTS that non FSD cars did! 🤪o_O
Agreed, communication has been terrible - as is always the case with Tesla. I find that expectations are very often poorly set, and that makes for upset customers when we make fair assumptions, but then get denied later on.

To me, it's basically a game of how patient can one be. I set my own limits then move on, but for now I'm willing to wait another couple of days - especially that I don't have any fun drives planned this week.

But of course, each person's level of tolerance is different. If you've had enough of this game and want out, completely understood!

It'll come. Notice the version is "36" and the FSD beta is still "32"? That number refers to the week of the base build, as far as I've determined over the years. So, 36 is simply a newer base - meaning it has more features. 32 is still the same base as before. Hey, I wish I had 36 as well. I want current control and scheduling from the app!

For the next couple weeks, you just traded getting that update for what's coming with FSD Beta. It's probably a good sign you're held back... can't go from 36 back to 32, most likely (never seen that happen). So they're holding y'all back until the FSD Beta batches are deployed.

IOW: they're not stupid, there's logical reasons it's happening the way it does.

Awh man. I dunno. I don't like the idea of saying "student driver" or "elderly driver" because, you know... there actually are those. FSD driving is absolutely in the uncanny valley right now - its mistakes don't look like human mistakes, its driving doesn't quite seem like human driving. It's best to call an egg an egg ;)

I might need to make different designs... maybe "Patience please - this car is learning" or something like that. It's a careful balance between keeping it short and readable, balancing perceptions people have about Teslas and autonomy, and making it look good. ;) Unfortunately I believe the Student Robotaxi one falls short on at least one of those. So I'm looking for new ideas worth investing the time into looking good... (spent a lot of time on "I'm Probably Not Driving" and the Student Robotaxi alike ;) )
Those are your designs?? Nice - I agree, I was looking for the exact same message to be patient, but trying to come up with something that says "Important Testing Underway"

Agreed, communication has been terrible - as is always the case with Tesla. I find that expectations are very often poorly set, and that makes for upset customers when we make fair assumptions, but then get denied later on.

To me, it's basically a game of how patient can one be. I set my own limits then move on, but for now I'm willing to wait another couple of days - especially that I don't have any fun drives planned this week.

But of course, each person's level of tolerance is different. If you've had enough of this game and want out, completely understood!
@ MarcG So, what would your plans be in "a couple of days" if you're passed over? To opt out and drive like you normally would? Smiling as you gave up 2+ weeks of not driving like you really wanted to, and enjoying the added depreciation accelerated miles to your car to achieve a useless safety score?! ;)

but it's still not as repulsive as your reaction...
I think he's just trying to help you out and make sure no one rams your car. Think coal rolling, etc. (largely an extremely rare occurrence but it certainly does happen). CW permit may be a reference to a CCW concealed carry weapons permit though I'm not sure. In San Jose your magnetic stickers may be generally well tolerated though. I certainly wouldn't worry about having the stickers too much in the West Coast urban areas; I think they'll generally be regarded with tolerance, though I also wouldn't put the sticker on; I don't plan to have the vehicle perform any behaviors on FSD Beta that anyone outside the vehicle would notice - just going to be like any normal Tesla, driving fairly aggressively. If it's not behaving exactly how I would, I will disengage (or at least provide enough steering input that it probably will).

Oh, I absolutely have FSD beta. I have done a few test runs and my last run (5 miles each way), the only intervention I had was having to accelerate through a green light. It wasn't the normal indicator that pops up like on AP pre FSD. It just comes to a stop at a green light for some reason.

Again, the only possible reason I can come up with is the map that is loaded in the computer has stop signs and traffic lights programmed so it knows where they are and can anticipate them. I'm pretty sure this is true because it certainly "sees" some stop signs before I can see them. And since it was switched to a traffic light recently, it has 2 sets of instructions. One is the pre programed stop sign so it should stop, the other is that it is a green light at a traffic intersection. And it takes the safer option.
Would be a good test case to correct it in the open map and see if propagates.

1. When did you "push the button," to start your safety score rating? 25 September
2. How many miles have you driven since "pushing 'da button"? 483
3. What is your safety score? 100
4. Did you receive the beta software? If so, when? Yes. 11 October
There's a spreadsheet tracking all this, feel free to add to it: FSD Beta - Participants and Rollout Status

Hey I say everybody with a plaid and long range refreshed car with yoke gets on Twitter and just blows up Elon’s account! Who’s with me?!?!?!
While I am normally against social media bombing, I think that the Plaid Boyz have more than enough justification to blow up Elon's Twitter a bit.

I mean, come ON... would it kill him to at least put out a NUGGET of information for these guys? The folks that ponied up 150 large to buy Elon's flagship should at least deserve SOME sort of communication here.

At this point, it's just common courtesy.

I have been, and remain, an Elon/Tesla supporter... but let's not be afraid to call Elon and Tesla out on stuff they need to improve on. And just a TOUCH of communication for the guys ponying up the big bucks would be nice.

I don't understand why this isn't cause for automatic revocation of beta privileges. Does Tesla really want people running red lights?
Especially people dumb enough to post videos on the internet of them running red lights.
It's his FIRST drive and already letting it go through a red light and posting it.

This is not starting off well at all.