Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[email protected]. Send an email there to be heard (maybe). @Phlier

View attachment 720301
Thank you for the suggestion. Email sent asking for clarification of whether Plaids/refreshes are included or not! Will post back if/when they reply.

PS: based on my last experience of requesting FSD beta for my M3P, all I ever got was an automated response, so I don't give it much chance of a human answering me. I do hope a human is reading our emails though.

Other thought: if any Plaid/refresh owner has a twitter account and 100% safety score, maybe tweet @elonmusk and ask him if we're excluded?

Attachments

• 523C4D6A-3206-41CA-966D-060DC18C0205.png
    523C4D6A-3206-41CA-966D-060DC18C0205.png
    145.7 KB · Views: 78
I'm not referring to the mistake FSD made, but by the idiot driver on his first FSD drive allowing it on purpose and not taking over.
IF for whatever reason he didn't see a car coming with the lights off... bam, first FSD accident in < 24 hours after first beta expansion.
Chances of getting it with a 99 anytime soon are becoming slimmer and slimmer

Agreed. Running a red because "it's safe to do so" is not a thing. Disengage, wait for green, and go. It's not hard.

Anyone have handy the link to that vid? Gonna chime in with the comments section.

So for the folks who got it today, Elon said you have to have a 100 in the last 100 miles. We have 100 over the last 68 miles, and a 99 for 53 before that. So if I go drive now like 40 miles and get 100, am I in? Or is this batch set and sent?

No, all you needed was a total of 100 miles during the ~14 days since the button was released. Not sure what the criteria will be for next cohort. My guess is overall mileage is over 100, and your overall score is 100 or 99. And hopefully qualifying S Refresh is added too 🤞

Reactions: FSDtester#1
No, all you needed was a total of 100 miles during the ~14 days since the button was released. Not sure what the criteria will be for next cohort. My guess is overall mileage is over 100, and your overall score is 100 or 99. And hopefully qualifying S Refresh is added too 🤞
Overall is 98 because a child ran into the street and I had to hard brake and had a day at a 95 like 10 days ago. Was hoping he was only looking at the last 100 miles. I guess we will see!

You guys might consider finding a challenging route and compare if both cars, at the same time, manages or fail any crux you find. I would love to see if FSD beta has repeatable predictable behaviour.
I think @Venom needs to wait for EM to release FSD Beta to Plaid. If there is something major preventing it, I am sure they will say so, otherwise, I expect that it may be a day or so. But good idea. Our area in Rockford is pretty rural and well laid out, so so far I have not run into any issues. On the other hand, where I live closer to Chicago has already caused FSD some heartburn. I have lots of places I want to test it.

Reactions: daktari and Venom
I think @Venom needs to wait for EM to release FSD Beta to Plaid. If there is something major preventing it, I am sure they will say so, otherwise, I expect that it may be a day or so. But good idea. Our area in Rockford is pretty rural and well laid out, so so far I have not run into any issues. On the other hand, where I live closer to Chicago has already caused FSD some heartburn. I have lots of places I want to test it.
Agreed, but then why repeatedly say “everyone with a 100/100 score” will get it upon release?

I figure I can be brave here. Yall never find me.

But for the all the plaid and new S owners: I guess the yoke's on you

hide @spokey hide now

I'm not referring to the mistake FSD made, but by the idiot driver on his first FSD drive allowing it on purpose and not taking over.
IF for whatever reason he didn't see a car coming with the lights off... bam, first FSD accident in < 24 hours after first beta expansion.
Chances of getting it with a 99 anytime soon are becoming slimmer and slimmer
I feel our chances are becoming better and better with each hour that passes (without an accident, knock on wood) and as I watch new drivers' videos. This "idiot driver" as you call him is just one of a 1000 and most new FSD beta drivers seem in control, despite the potential carefree feeling of kids at xmas with their new toy.

Reactions: Kyleresq and jebinc
The Safety Score is playing out quite well in the media, Elon is framing the rollout as going to only safe drivers with perfect scores. Despite what Elon promised about the 99, 98.. getting FSD Beta I would not be surprised if he memory-holed that.

The "safety" optics would look better if his next tweet was "Keep going for that 100/100. There are lots of new people who have achieved perfect scores. Next round of FSD Beta goes out Oct 22 to all those with 100/100"

Reactions: momo3605
The "safety" optics would look better if his next tweet was "Keep going for that 100/100. There are lots of new people who have achieved perfect scores. Next round of FSD Beta goes out Oct 22 to all those with 100/100"

Agreed, i think this would make a lot more sense. Only the truly dedicated would play to this, and it'd probably end up adding a few hundred new testers say every 2 weeks, which would be an easy enough amount to manage. (But they should fix the reset bug though...lol)

The Safety Score is playing out quite well in the media, Elon is framing the rollout as going to only safe drivers with perfect scores. Despite what Elon promised about the 99, 98.. getting FSD Beta I would not be surprised if he memory-holed that.

I see it playing out the opposite in auto blogs and CR Consumer Reports Concludes Safety Score Beta Can Lead to Dangerous Driving

I do believe CR when they say this score has nothing to do with FSD, it's just a way for them to collect more data on driving habits around the US in preparation for their insurance offering

I have had a trip or two over 100 miles with 100%. Overall not 100 though. Have maybe 2000 miles on it since it started. I also have the refresh which is the biggest killer for me on getting the beta.

I see it playing out the opposite in auto blogs and CR Consumer Reports Concludes Safety Score Beta Can Lead to Dangerous Driving

I do believe CR when they say this score has nothing to do with FSD, it's just a way for them to collect more data on driving habits around the US in preparation for their insurance offering

Getting a 100 safety score requires you to either be on Autopilot or super vigilant of your surroundings to avoid situations that would result in hard braking or FCWs, and/or areas with low traffic. I do agree that driving in a manner that achieves a 100 does not equal "safest" by any stretch, but i think it does allow them to find drivers that are willing to put in the effort to drive in an extremely vigilant manner.