Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You may want to see if more miles today, especially if you can follow at 1-3 seconds, will reduce your daily penalty. If you can get today up higher, it will have less impact on your overall score.
I thought about that for all of 2 minutes but at this point I’m moving on with other things. I just drove 750 miles in the last day and half and I don’t feel motivated to do more at this point. If it had worked out it would have been great.

I thought about that for all of 2 minutes but at this point I’m moving on with other things. I just drove 750 miles in the last day and half and I don’t feel motivated to do more at this point. If it had worked out it would have been great.
Since Friday I drove 1200 miles to try and get my score up lol.
I tried to find the forumula and used other people's formulas thinking I could get it in x miles. However once I got it, it didn't go up. From the math my score is supposed to be 99.6 which should round up.

But now I'm done with a sore back and butt

Since Friday I drove 1200 miles to try and get my score up lol.
I tried to find the forumula and used other people's formulas thinking I could get it in x miles. However once I got it, it didn't go up. From the math my score is supposed to be 99.6 which should round up.

But now I'm done with a sore back and butt
There's a spread sheet on here that seems pretty good. It predicted my rollover from 99 to 100 correctly within 1 mile. I didn't put in any events, just daily scores and miles. I used 99.51 as the target score.

Reactions: K5TRX
I have‘t spent the time catching up on ALL pages of comments since I last checked, but a couple thoughts (that may have been addressed):

1) It doesn’t seem like tonight‘s (or is it tomorrow night’s?) FSD beta release will be limited to 1000. Elon‘s tweet seemed pretty clear it‘s everyone with 100, even if it goes over 1000 people ( )

2) It’s not clear yet whether we will need to keep above a certain Safety Score to not have FSD beta revoked. The couple of reasons I’m thinking are: a) current FSD beta test group isn’t even getting Safety Scores, and b) when FSD beta testers in the past had it revoked, there was no safety score. This leads me to…

3) Keeping FSD beta (after being granted it and not having it revoked) would probably have more to do with your diligence in monitoring FSD beta and reacting to scary situations/decisions, vs how your manual driving habits are. Right now, the only way to evaluate us (non FSD beta drivers) is to use something like Safety Score. But if granted FSD beta, I think it would make more sense to (very strictly) monitor how we monitor during FSD beta use. In other words, I hope we get to go back to more fun manual driving when not engaging FSD beta.

Reactions: edseloh and K5TRX
I have‘t spent the time catching up on ALL pages of comments since I last checked, but a couple thoughts (that may have been addressed):

1) It doesn’t seem like tonight‘s (or is it tomorrow night’s?) FSD beta release will be limited to 1000. Elon‘s tweet seemed pretty clear it‘s everyone with 100, even if it goes over 1000 people ( )

2) It’s not clear yet whether we will need to keep above a certain Safety Score to not have FSD beta revoked. The couple of reasons I’m thinking are: a) current FSD beta test group isn’t even getting Safety Scores, and b) when FSD beta testers in the past had it revoked, there was no safety score. This leads me to…

3) Keeping FSD beta (after being granted it and not having it revoked) would probably have more to do with your diligence in monitoring FSD beta and reacting to scary situations/decisions, vs how your manual driving habits are. Right now, the only way to evaluate us (non FSD beta drivers) is to use something like Safety Score. But if granted FSD beta, I think it would make more sense to (very strictly) monitor how we monitor during FSD beta use. In other words, I hope we get to go back to more fun manual driving when not engaging FSD beta.
I have the same question, what is the criteria to remove someone from the FSD beta after this evening's rollout.

1. I agree. I wrote a dissertation on why I believe this to be the case a few pages back.

2. Up until now, the Model 3 and Model Y FSD Beta testers have literally been watched by the cabin camera; it tracks eye movement to determine whether or not you're paying attention, and that's what they've used so far to determine "safe" drivers. They may have other ways of tracking safe beta users, but this has been the only one discovered to be a for-sure thing so far. And yes, some people have been kicked out of FSD Beta due to unsafe driving. For more information on the eye tracking, check out @greentheonly and @Tristan (I think that's right) on Twitter.

3. In addition to the eye tracking mentioned in #2, it is possible that they'll use Safety Score in addition to eye tracking to determine your worthiness to stay in the beta program, although Elon hasn't said exactly how they'll monitor us, he has said that you'll need to continue to be a safe driver to stay in the game.

Reactions: K5TRX and TresLA
1. I agree. I wrote a dissertation on why I believe this to be the case a few pages back.

2. Up until now, the Model 3 and Model Y FSD Beta testers have literally been watched by the cabin camera; it tracks eye movement to determine whether or not you're paying attention, and that's what they've used so far to determine "safe" drivers. They may have other ways of tracking safe beta users, but this has been the only one discovered to be a for-sure thing so far. And yes, some people have been kicked out of FSD Beta due to unsafe driving. For more information on the eye tracking, check out @greentheonly and @Tristan (I think that's right) on Twitter.

3. In addition to the eye tracking mentioned in #2, it is possible that they'll use Safety Score in addition to eye tracking to determine your worthiness to stay in the beta program, although Elon hasn't said exactly how they'll monitor us, he has said that you'll need to continue to be a safe driver to stay in the game.
Yes, I’d expect in cabin camera monitoring for us if we get FSD beta. But do we know why those that were kicked out before? Was it for unsafe manual driving? Or just while engaging FSD beta?

Reactions: K5TRX and Phlier
The way I see it, if you drove 750 miles and give up now then you drove them for nothing. Might as well go all out and hit that 100, if it’s only a couple hundred miles away 😉

I noticed you’re also in the Rockford area, cool to see another person from around here :)

(My sig says Chicago but I’m actually right next to Belvidere)

PS - happy birthday!
Hi Venom,

Amazing to find someone also near Rockford AND going for the FSD Beta. We will have to connect up IRL and compare experiences. And I say that not because I want to see your new Plaid. :p I appreciate the birthday wishes for FSD Beta!

Reactions: Venom
Yes, I’d expect in cabin camera monitoring for us if we get FSD beta. But do we know why those that were kicked out before? Was it for unsafe manual driving? Or just while engaging FSD beta?
We know exactly nothing about why they were kicked out, or indeed whether they were kicked out, beyond that Elon said it, if that's one of the statements that you believe he's telling the truth about, with no supporting evidence. I would assume, however, that it's true and that some number were kicked out for making mistakes or failing to monitor FSD properly and somehow Tesla noticed. Would be nice to see actual proof though.

Reactions: Phlier
So ... anybody staying up late/getting up early tonight? Doesn't seem to be much expectation of a drop tonight. Would be nice to clarify date/time to set expectations.
I’ve got an alarm set 1 hour early in the morning. Gonna wake up, start the install if it’s there. Go back to sleep for an hour so it’ll be ready by the time I’m ready to head to work.

Or if it’s not there I’ll just go back to bed and be sad on my drive to work.

I’ve got an alarm set 1 hour early in the morning. Gonna wake up, start the install if it’s there. Go back to sleep for an hour so it’ll be ready by the time I’m ready to head to work.

Or if it’s not there I’ll just go back to bed and be sad on my drive to work.
@ahoen117 I predict, if you see it to install when you wake up, that there is no chance you will go back to sleep for an hour! Please let me/us know tomorrow what actually happened!