Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So whether you ordered two weeks ago or two mins ago, you're getting the same EDD. Gotta love it
They do t make to order, rather batches of a configuration. So if you order from the right delivery location and they made extra of your configuration then you get a fast VIN. It seems to me that since the price was so low vs expectations on order open day, they prioritized the highest margin cars (red/white) for 6/30 numbers

• Helpful
Reactions: sgtauto
Only positive if these cars are delayed past June would be Tesla possibly offer the free supercharging transfer in july-august that I could take advantage of.

Ordered the ultra red with black interior, wonder what red alcantara interior on the doors would look like...

IMG_3421.jpeg

Mine still has no vin. Just changed again to May 21-June4 lol 😆 ugh

Had a lengthy chat with my delivery advisor. She can’t explain why there are 3 booking invoices in my documents. 3 days back, all of them were different.

INV 1 was 23-Apr booking amount
INV 2 was 13-May Credit note
INV 3 was 13-May new booking

Should have taken screenshot. Now I see INV3 file has overwritten INV1 and INV2 erasing proof of credit note

TLDR - looks like someone cancelled my booking on 13-May and rebooked on same day thereby relegating me back to the queue

Of course, I didn’t save the invoice file and all of them are overwritten.
If you order was cancelled and replaced; it would have meant your order number changes. This is probably just some back end Tesla thing for order fee, tax credit or whatever. I think you are reading too much into this. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Pretty annoyed. Gray on white LR order switched to performance.

May 15 - May 29
May 16 - May 29
May 17 - May 29
May 29 - June 26

Tesla makes absolutely no sense. Why push back day by day as if a VIN is imminent and then push it back a whole month? Meanwhile my 2nd performance order is still at May 18 - June 1. Clearly that’s a lie too

Reactions: mpgxsvcd and Mwolfe