Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is so angering for those of us in the Bay Area that live close to Fremont. They literally won’t ship our cars but they have extras all over SoCal.
There is one available immediately in Dublin/East Bay, 47 miles demo car. SG/White. It let me buy it but I cancelled last second. I dont want a fondled car, I been to the Dublin showroom, its less busy than the Santana Row but I still dont want a fondled car. I'd go for it if you are eager. Also, let me know when you have the car, I will share my ppf/tint places with you. Most of the ones I am looking at are in the East Bay and a few in the South Bay FYI. Good luck sir!

Reactions: hkarthik
There is one available immediately in Dublin/East Bay, 47 miles demo car. SG/White. It let me buy it but I cancelled last second. I dont want a fondled car, I been to the Dublin showroom, its less busy than the Santana Row but I still dont want a fondled car. I'd go for it if you are eager. Also, let me know when you have the car, I will share my ppf/tint places with you. Most of the ones I am looking at are in the East Bay and a few in the South Bay FYI. Good luck sir!
Yeah talking about the ones in inventory with my SA now. Debating getting a heavily fondled car now versus a pristine virgin one, but would like to stick to black exterior and not lose my tax credit.

Omg I think I’m doing this I found one for immediately pick up
But it’s a blue with white interior M3P doesn’t qualify for tax credit but little cheaper cause it’s a demo
So it’s 4,000 more then the gray one I’m waiting for and I can’t wait any longer I feel,,,,
Worried about it being demo but only 35 miles on it 😬
IMG_1171.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Sandee3
Vehicle back from the detail spa with the proper treatments. Of course, additional mods to follow.

So long for now. As the other poster said, good luck to everyone. Hope your delivery and initial ownership experience will be as positive and exciting as ours.

See you in another thread and of course in the future 20XX Model 3 Plaid waiting room!! 🤣

In the meantime, I leave you with some parting photos…

IMG_8250.jpeg

IMG_8254.jpeg

Vehicle back from the detail spa with the proper treatments. Of course, additional mods to follow.

So long for now. As the other poster said, good luck to everyone. Hope your delivery and initial ownership experience will be as positive and exciting as ours.

See you in another thread and of course in the future 20XX Model 3 Plaid waiting room!! 🤣

In the meantime, I leave you with some parting photos…

View attachment 1058506

View attachment 1058507
Nice! What percent window tinting did you go with?

I decided to gamble and wait for my car for longer instead of giving up the tax credit favorable pricing and switching my configuration. My SA would not adjust pricing on the demo cars, and they are priced like a new car which is lame when some of them have 200+ miles on them.

My prediction is that Tesla will soon raise the base price of the M3P so none of them will be tax credit eligible. The LR (and eventually SR) will be the only option for the tax credit. This will shift demand to those cars instead which probably are more profitable for Tesla.

Those of us who ordered before all these pricing changes eliminated the tax credit will get a deal, and Tesla will drag its feet before letting us have that deal.

• Disagree
Reactions: dd_720 and pdx_m3s
Just picked up a showroom model (SG/White) everything was FLAWLESS no scuffs, no paint issues, no gap issues or dirt inside the car. Still smells brand new only had 11 miles. Drives amazing even better than I expected coming from 2019 SR+. No rattles squeaks etc. Drove it straight to the tint shop where I’m waiting now. Don’t let the supposed “1000 of farts” non sense deter you from picking one up, at the end of the day if there were any issues Tesla would fix it.

I decided to gamble and wait for my car for longer instead of giving up the tax credit favorable pricing and switching my configuration. My SA would not adjust pricing on the demo cars, and they are priced like a new car which is lame when some of them have 200+ miles on them.

My prediction is that Tesla will soon raise the base price of the M3P so none of them will be tax credit eligible. The LR (and eventually SR) will be the only option for the tax credit. This will shift demand to those cars instead which probably are more profitable for Tesla.

Those of us who ordered before all these pricing changes eliminated the tax credit will get a deal, and Tesla will drag its feet before letting us have that deal.
So can anyone help me? I ordered about 2 weeks ago and got an EDD of July-August. A few days ago it switched to the pic I added. No date just that we will let you know when to schedule delivery???

It seems bad. Does this mean I am many months away?

Attachments

• IMG_9264.png
    IMG_9264.png
    357.2 KB · Views: 8

What a SA explained to me was when you ordered the car, your RN stays in that price book. So if you switch then you would always keep original pricing. In my case I switched from Blue/Black to SG/White and got original pricing so no free white seats for me!

Edit: this was assuming your order was in the original price book before the price changes

What a SA explained to me was when you ordered the car, your RN stays in that price book. So if you switch then you would always keep original pricing. In my case I switched from Blue/Black to SG/White and got original pricing so no free white seats for me!

Edit: this was assuming your order was in the original price book before the price changes
In my case, I can’t switch my 5/4 order from Black/Black to anything but SG/white.

The pricing for me was $1K over base price for the black exterior which brought the total to $54,990. White interior was $1K extra.

All the demos for sale in my area appear to have white interior which makes them automatically $1K over my config.

I think the difference here is that they will let you modify an order for a car that has yet to be build and keep your pricing, but they so far are not able to lower the price of a car that already has a sticker on it with the higher price.

This is correct. I did it and helped 2 others do the same

I think the difference here is that they will let you modify an order for a car that has yet to be build and keep your pricing, but they so far are not able to lower the price of a car that already has a sticker on it with the higher price.
No. You can buy any car that is not spoken for at the price in the day you order. I did it but during delivery I refused due a few issues with the body panels

Even car that already has a sticker, like in my case the SG sticker was 54k and when I switched it was lowered to 52k

Reactions: arkhos