Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok I found one thing I really dislike - they’ve got to fix the ambient lighting at dusk/night. Once the headlights come on you can barely see the lights at all. I am hoping for that to be fixed in an update.

I thought I’d hate the turn signals. I’ve already adjusted. Same with shifting. It’s all good - just fix the lights lol.
I don't have my M3P yet, so please forgive my ignorance - but is there no option to raise/lower the brightness of the lights? I mean we know we can change their color... but nothing for intensity?

I don't have my M3P yet, so please forgive my ignorance - but is there no option to raise/lower the brightness of the lights? I mean we know we can change their color... but nothing for intensity?
You get options for On, Off, and Auto. Unless you have the ambient lighting menu open, the light is really dim at night. There isn’t an option for intensity.

I would love for them to add one, because having the light menu open 100% of the time doesn’t feel ideal to me.

Reactions: Sandee3 and arkhos
Ordered April 26th.
EDD all over the place.
VIN issued June 22nd.
Picked up June 23rd in Gilroy, CA (Bay Area).
Black/black.
One dust nib in the clear on the right rear quarter.
12v battery replaced by service before I could leave due to warning on the screen.
Removed the 20s and put on my Apex VS-5RS 18s (265/40/18 square) from my old 2022 M3P without issue.
PPF/Tint/Ceramic appointment today.
Seats are much better and the added cooling was great in the 102f+ weather today.
Suspension much improved.
NVH is also noticeably better.
I’ll post some pictures in the morning as it was dark by the time I changed the wheels.
Good luck to you all still waiting. It will happen for you too. I have faith.

Do we know if all of the 2024 Highland accessories will fit on the 2024 M3P?

It's a good question about the compatibility of accessories between the 2024 Highland and the 2024 M3P. While I can't speak definitively without specific part numbers, generally, accessories designed for similar models within the same brand tend to have some level of interchangeability.

If you're considering a roof rack, for instance, the Tesla Model 3 roof rack from TESERY is a well-liked option that might fit your needs. It's designed with compatibility and ease of use in mind. Just make sure to double-check fitment before purchasing, and you'll be all set for your adventures!

12v battery replaced by service before I could leave due to warning on the screen.

Can you check if you have a 12V acid battery or a 16V Lithium-Ion battery?

Removed the 20s and put on my Apex VS-5RS 18s (265/40/18 square) from my old 2022 M3P without issue.

Did you drive and check that the TPMS were working indicating the correct tire pression?

Can you check if you have a 12V acid battery or a 16V Lithium-Ion battery?
This thread is about the 2024 model 3 performance refresh (highland). Tesla has not used 12v lead acid batteries in their model 3s or Ys for at least a couple years, so, if someone is talking about a brand new model 3 or Y thats a 2023 or 2024, the low voltage battery is the lithium ion one.

Reactions: sgtauto
Hello fellow TMC people! Brand new user here, long time reader, brand new order of a M3P, brand new to electric cars, but extremely long time lurker (since the reveal day of Model 3)!
Did a test drive of Highland in Fremont and that was the final item on my checklist to pull the plug of ordering a Performance model which I've wanted to own for so long :)
After my test drive (late May), I got to chat with the SA and mentioned I would be outside the Country on vacation from mid June to mid July. I asked her recommendation on when to submit my order to try and avoid seeing a delivery date set while I was abroad. She recommended ordering the first week of June (which I did - btw, tracker updated!) to be rock solid (especially considering I have picked a Red/White combo which is one of the combos taking the longest to get apparently / also according to her).
At this time I don't have a VIN yet, but I notice the current EDD in the app is surprisingly close now: June 24-June30. I understand that EDD means close to nothing (till a VIN is assigned at least), but I am wondering if you guys think I'll have a decent chance to not see a real delivery date while I'm abroad. I'm both excited to get my car but at the same time I am okay with the wait and patient (I've waited ~7 years, what's few weeks more?!).
Another question I have - I see postings here of people posting screenshots of messaging with Tesla Reps. They seem to happen through the App. How can I initiate a messaging thread in a similar manner if needed? All I see in the App is a chat icon with only a basic 'robot' answering super basic questions that I can select through some buttons, nothing else. Do I get to chat with a human only after a VIN is assigned?

Thanks!

Reactions: arkhos
Yess
"brand new order of a M3P"
"ordering a Performance model"

In late may it was close to impossible to test drive a M3P (too soon), they had me drive a standard range. Didn't think it was worth mentioning but probably best to clarify.
;)
I’m fairly sure you won’t see a car till aug-sep at the earliest based on order date but who knows with how this rollout is going

Hang in there.
its too frustrating... was all ready for end of June delivery then last Thursday boom...july28 -Sept 1...and as much as I like the idea of the 3 performance (I have a Y performance) and really don't do much with it. The 3 LR is more suited ..... the key is getting one in UR/B color and getting one from inventory. Not getting on the train again for LR order

Last edited:
OK, a bit embarrassing that I can't find the answer to this but...

On my 2021 LR if I wanted to take over steering while in FSD and let the cruise control (auto speed) continue, I'd just turn the steering wheel a bit and it'd disengage only the steering part of FSD but would keep the speed (cruise) control on. In the 2024 M3P, as soon as I grab the steering wheel and move it a bit to disengage auto steering, FSD turns off completely and the car starts to slow down. There are instances where I want to manually steer past some point and then reengage FSD so... how does one disengage steering control only in FSD on the 2024 M3P?

its too frustrating... was all ready for end of June delivery then last Thursday boom...july28 -Sept 1...and as much as I like the idea of the 3 performance (I have a Y performance) and really don't do much with it. The 3 LR is more suited ..... the key is getting one in UR/B color and getting one from inventory. Not getting on the train again for LR order
Have you sat in a P yet? I only ask because the seats are a big difference from the LR and that is an everyday/all-the-time difference you directly feel. For daily driving, 1s faster 0-60 doesn't have as much utility and the adaptable suspension will be similar to the LR in most situations. One can make an argument that the LR is the smarter choice based on the 0-60 and suspension but the seats might be a trade-off you're not willing to make.