Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Payment question...

I have Delivery scheduled for Saturday, and finished all my 'tasks' in the Tesla App - except one: Make Final Payment.

Is there any benefit to doing it now compared to waiting until I am physically at the SC? I think it's unlikely for any issues to happen with the payment/my bank, but that's the only real 'concern' I can think of by waiting...

Any words of wisdom? Any reason I shouldn't just do it now?

Thanks!

My advice is to always wait till you physically see the car, if that is an option. In most states it IS an option (to wait till you see the car). There really isnt any real reason to give Tesla all the money before you see the car, unless you HAVE to (in some states you do have to, since that is how Tesla gets around the "no direct sales" block a few states still have).

Reactions: spennnyy and arkhos
UGGHHG, Tesla called me saying that they had another performance i could take for same price as what I ordered (SG/wht)but It was blk/blk. They could assign VIN to me but the MSRP will now be 55,990 and not the 54,990 of when i ordered so I would miss out on the tax rebate. I originally ordered SG/wht. This sound right?

UGGHHG, Tesla called me saying that they had another performance i could take for same price as what I ordered (SG/wht)but It was blk/blk. They could assign VIN to me but the MSRP will now be 55,990 and not the 54,990 of when i ordered so I would miss out on the tax rebate. I originally ordered SG/wht. This sound right?
I think the blk/blk looks great but you won’t qualify for the tax rebate since it’s over the 55,000. I think I’d wait for the VIN on the SG/white since it is 7,500 difference if you qualify for the tax rebate.

Plug for @TSportline.

Bought a set of 19" TSS wheels (satin black) with the Hankook ION EVO AS tires. I've been debating for ~2 months now before pulling the trigger...just too good of a deal to pass up.

Stackable promotions going on right now:

10% off = $319.50
Free shipping = $192.61
Hankook rebate = $120.00

$632.11 total savings

I'm going to need all seasons on my new M3P bc you can't run summers here in upstate SC year round. Less rim, more tire on 19" than the stock 20" also (rim pothole saver). I will probably keep the stock rims and use them April-Oct, at least until I run the tread off. I can't imagine those stock summers will last more than 20k miles especially with no rotation options available.

Plug for @TSportline.

Bought a set of 19" TSS wheels (satin black) with the Hankook ION EVO AS tires. I've been debating for ~2 months now before pulling the trigger...just too good of a deal to pass up.

10% off = $319.50
Free shipping = $192.61
Hankook rebate = $120.00

$632.11 total savings

I'm going to need all seasons on my new M3P bc you can't run summers here in upstate SC year round. Less rim, more tire on 19" than the stock 20" also (rim pothole saver). I will probably keep the stock rims and use them April-Oct, at least until I run the tread off. I can't imagine those stock summers will last more than 20k miles especially with no rotation options available.

I’ll think about doing this too. I may do 18”. I want a smooth ride and a little better mileage. What do you think? I keep going back and forward between 19” and 18”.

I’ll think about doing this too. I may do 18”. I want a smooth ride and a little better mileage. What do you think? I keep going back and forward between 19” and 18”.
I went 19" bc I feel like they will look much better in the M3P wheel wells than 18" rims e.g. they won't fill them out enough. Plus 18" will lower the ride height too much for my liking also.

I switched to 19" rims on my current 2021 M3LR and didn't notice a difference in ride quality or range. In fact my consumption went down slightly on the 19" vs the stock 18" aeros. I think this is likely bc the Tesla 19" sport wheels are more aerodynamic than the 18" aeros without the aero caps. I never used the aero caps bc they look like trash. The new 18" aero caps on the Highland do look way better, however.

The Hankook ION EVO tires are also great tires IMO, which is what I got after my OEM tires ran bare. Efficient EV tires with sporty handling. Some people hate all season tires, but they are perfect for my climate when I can't run summers year round.

It's certainly a personal decision but that was my reasoning.

72 hours from order to car collection
The windows have already been tinted (30% front - 80% back)
The car is perfect. . . only the calibration of the cameras is not yet finished after 150 km (problem ? ? ?)
This is my fourth Performance (2 Us and 2 Mic), the finishes are top, no alignment problems. As a first impression I would say that consumption is 10-12% more than the 2022 M3P. I tried a 0-100 (50% battery) and the App response gave me 3.39 seconds but not I know how reliable it is

Attachments

• IMG_6906.jpeg
    IMG_6906.jpeg
    1,018.6 KB · Views: 5
72 hours from order to car collection
The windows have already been tinted (30% front - 80% back)
The car is perfect. . . only the calibration of the cameras is not yet finished after 150 km (problem ? ? ?)
This is my fourth Performance (2 Us and 2 Mic), the finishes are top, no alignment problems. As a first impression I would say that consumption is 10-12% more than the 2022 M3P. I tried a 0-100 (50% battery) and the App response gave me 3.39 seconds but not I know how reliable it is
I never got the camera calibration message. Would I only see this if I tried using Autopilot/ FSR?

Plug for @TSportline.

10% off = $319.50
Free shipping = $192.61
Hankook rebate = $120.00

$632.11 total savings

Been thinking about doing a swap after hitting 20K miles and moving to a square wheels setup. I can run summer tires all year here in CA, but would love to get slightly better range.

Does TS Sportline ship these to your local tireshop and you just have them install them?

Been thinking about doing a swap after hitting 20K miles and moving to a square wheels setup. I can run summer tires all year here in CA, but would love to get slightly better range.

Does TS Sportline ship these to your local tireshop and you just have them install them?
They ship them to your house. You can buy just the rims and take them to your local tire shop for tires if you want. I bought mine fully assembled with tires and TPMS already - just plug and play.

It's very easy to swap wheels. I do it in my driveway all the time and tire rotations, etc.