Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN a couple days ago, tried to go get insurance on it, was told by my insurer the car 'did not exist in the database' as of yet. They are going to 'call me back' - but in the meantime, my delivery is waiting for the insurance company to find the VIN. Anyone else experienced this? I was under the impression that once a VIN is generated the coding of that VIN should allow it to be searched, etc.
The VIN should show up in the underwriters database. If they are telling you it doesn't exist, call another insurer and see if they can find it. I use Geico (not an endorsement) and there was no problem getting the insurance quoted.

• Helpful
Reactions: P-Lo801
Received "how to prepare for pickup" email this morning for my appointment tomorrow. Is that standard or will they only send that email if the car is actually ready? Also, this is my first Tesla and I am starting to wonder if there are things I am supposed to be looking for in the screen menus that will flag something that is not ready yet. Any resources anyone can point me to for the deeper level issues that might not be readily apparent to a newbie?
It’s standard-ish

Doesn’t mean it’s ready, I know for a fact as of 8 minutes ago they hadn’t updated firmware yet

I just got this text. Delivery still scheduled for tomorrow morning, but this is not encouraging

I just got word that the software is not available for the model 3 performance yet. If it is not ready tomorrow, we will need to push out your appointment.
Thank you
Going to be next week at this rate. Mine is on Monday but even that might get pushed back. I used the additional time to secure better financing and found 1% cheaper rate than teslas 6.49, suggest anyone in the same position to do the same.

Does it still show when you go into the appointment details tab? Mine has been hit or miss for days with showing or not showing the delivery time on the main page.
It’s been on the “complete tasks” wording even though they are all checked off for me.
it still shows on appointment details tab. each time that has went away i got a message saying i need to reschedule. mine still says compete task also, but nothing to complete.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
JUST GOT MY VIN ASSIGNED!!!
Black/White
Order date: 05/23
Most recent EDD: May 31 - June 28
IMG_7867.jpeg

Same guy that said this
View attachment 1050110

Guy has to be trolling at this point.
What is the likelihood he will mysteriously take delivery of his m3p once he gets to the kia dealer and they do the old switcharoo on him? If he's calling tesla a scam for changing his EDD he is going to blow his top once they jack the price up with fees on him.