Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I have a VIN and the delivery range is in about two weeks (June 9-15th) think it's safe to sell my primary vehicle? Thinking about getting a Turo rental until delivery and using the remainder for down payment.

Also, I imagine long-range and standard are the same dimensions as the performance for accessories such as floor matts?
Ehh - I would want to ensure the car reaches the SC intact.

Welp, after debating it internally for days and still no VIN w/ being allowed to change my order.
I've changed my order from black/black to ultra red/black.
$500 difference. I can still get the 7500 tax credit.

I love black/black but that ultra red is something else.
Every single review I've seen just makes that color pop.
My current 3 is a multi-red, that front fascia and footprint begs for an ultra red.
I was secretly hoping I'd get a VIN faster too. We'll see.

*Tracker updated!

i wonder if it would work to use your index as a side guide, placing it along the edge of the screen (touching the edge with the inside of the index instead of the tip), then your middle finger would fall over the gear selector? if that's ergonomic and the screen target is forgiving enough (which sounds like they've improved), it would provide a way to do it without having to glance... 🤔

this is what i mean, tested on my 2021 MY, with presumably thicker bezels:
View attachment 1051823

Might work. I think it would require some intentional training to get your finger to find the edge of the screen though. Also for me the Model X screen would be in a different place than the Model 3 screen. Plus, the model X screen is tilted to the left.

Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
You're in canada right. Don't you guys have mounties? How are they gonna catch you on their meese
What funny is in Toronto they once experimented with these souped up Corvette Z06 modified cop cars that drove up and down a major highway to catch the fastest speeders.lol.

Mounties lol. You do know GTA (greater Toronto area is the 4th largest city in North America, after Mexico City, New York and Los Angeles right?. 😉
Home to the BlueJays; Raptors; Leafs, TFC
Not a bad place to live! (except Dec-March)

Gone are the days of the Igloo.EH! Lol 😂

Last edited:
Wow, it had enough rattle to give away the location. I can't say I've really noticed that in the past but I also tend to not balance my systems super bass heavy anyway as I prefer more of a reference sound with an even response. I could see how transients could give away the location but I'd tend to associate that with overdriving the sub if it's producing transients. (Most of my experience is mixing professional pa systems rather than consumer stuff.)
Oddly when I tested the highland LR system against my 22’ LR one, the new felt echo ish with too much bass response but in a hollow way? Less treble clarity with the same songs and EQ settings.

Also when played louder my ears started to throb or hurt a bit whereas it never does in the 22’ version. The older version was is clean, crisp and an incredible system still.
I expected the new one to be better but found it was actually less balanced. Odd…

Welp, after debating it internally for days and still no VIN w/ being allowed to change my order.

My current 3 is a multi-red, that front fascia and footprint begs for an ultra red.

*Tracker updated!
I thought red/black no longer qualifies for the fed tax credit ever since tesla raised the base MSRP. Red/black only qualified with the initial MSRP of 52990.

Reactions: Kilotango74
I stopped by the store that I'm supposed to take delivery from since my EDD changed to today through the 8th. I think (hope) that's mine!

1000016036.jpg

What funny is in Toronto they once experimented with these souped up Corvette Z06 modified cop cars that drove up and down a major highway to catch the fastest speeders.lol.

Mounties lol. You do know GTA (greater Toronto area is the 4th largest city in North America, after Mexico City, New York and Los Angeles right?. 😉

Gone are the days of the Igloo.EH! Lol 😂

GTA acronym is reserved for one of the greatest games created. Haha I would love to visit someday.

I hear milk comes in bags there. That is more radical than no stalks.

Ok, so anyone that had an EDD that kept shifting by a day, when did it actually update? I'm a bit concerned because my EDD still says May 29-June 12 and isn't even updating for time that is in the past.

Additionally someone has set my vin to yes on the spreadsheet for a third time now. We should probably be extremely suspect of how many vins have actually been issued.

Last edited:

*Tracker updated!

The two best colors on this car by far IMO, so can’t go wrong. I do prefer the black this time around though tbh :)