Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I refuse to order one (to replace my 2020 M3P) until there is some predictability around availability and pricing. Placing an order and then sitting around wondering when it will actually get built/delivered is just silly. If they want to sell more cars, perhaps they need to figure out how to actually fill their existing sales pipeline.

Frustrating.
A new car ordering process isn’t always predictable or consistent with any brand.
Sometimes you have to dive in, and roll with things, or you will often just miss out on the good stuff. Like a new Model 3 performance. :)

Thinking of just canceling my order and getting a plaid …. Placed mine may 24 and keeps getting pushed back weekly from June now to aug-September
Wait! You ordered on May 24 and you are already frustrated with the wait? There are members here who ordered on day 1 and are still waiting.

And YES! The plaid is fun but you have to spend a huge chunk of money to make it drive like the M3P.

And you do know that you have to replace the rear plaid tires every 10-15k right?

Last edited:
Wait! You ordered on May 24 and you are already frustrated with the wait? There members here who ordered on day 1 and are still waiting.

And YES! The plaid is fun but you have to spend a huge chunk of money to make it drive like the M3P.

And you do know that the you have to replace the rear plaid tires every 10-15k right?
I was late to the game lol but still I’m impatiently waiting

Reactions: Raptor911
This is an update to the above.

My SA called me this morning early and again I was in bed reading. He wanted to see the price if he were to assign my order to the white M3P. He was shocked that the system was not showing the current price, BUT the price when I ordered. He asked my permission to make it happen and I said yes.

Immediately my app updated with a VIN and asked me to show proof of insurance.

OMG! He scheduled me for delivery this Wed.

Please read this: If you do NOT have a VIN and find an available MP3 on the lot, the pricing of that vehicle will be the price when you ordered!

My SA was shocked as he has had Model Y customers do the same and it has always defaulted to current pricing. He is not sure why it allowed my order to default to the pricing level from May 1 (when I ordered). As a result, I will get my $7500 tax credit

View attachment 1057048
Wow great to hear, this is a proper way of matching existing orders to Vins, glad they made it right

I went ahead and removed the aero covers, and gotta say it looks fantastic with red calipers on the blue body. The plastic tool I have is just about shot after removing them all, and 25 minutes of scratchX to clean up the rims from where the plastic left reside / scuffs. The first one was the hardest, the rest came off quick. But what I love the most is I can now easily clean the inside of the rims without removing the wheels!

Attachments

• IMG_4114.jpeg
    IMG_4114.jpeg
    230.1 KB · Views: 2
Wait! You ordered on May 24 and you are already frustrated with the wait? There are members here who ordered on day 1 and are still waiting.
I think this stems back to the Tesla advertises as “June”, but then the surprise of August-September comes up.

Some people don’t have time to play with Teslas EDDs games and we can all agree on that.

Tesla knows exactly where every single piece, part, screw is in its supply chain and knows exactly how many cars it can make down to the minute I bet. Things happen but logistics is critical in their business, and they absolutely could and should provide tighter EDD windows. Even if they have to adjust it this 45 day up and down crap is ridiculous.

There are plenty just around my area … some available now for decent prices . I’m at 69 with fsd on my 3 if i put little more I’ll have a plaid
For me it’s $97k for plaid out the door vs $53k after $7500 for P3. Both SG/white. Plaid would have base wheels. No FSD on either.

I just drove my dad’s new base MS down to FL for him and even that car is plenty fast. Still handles like a big car.

• Love
Reactions: phantasms
I find it interesting that people still get upset about later orders getting cars before them. Tesla is publicly traded and their responsibility is to their shareholders to maximize profits. While it may not be “fair” to give a recent order a VIN when earlier orders are unfulfilled, it is “right”. If someone cancels an allocated order, Tesla is handed an opportunity to increase their profit margin and it is their fiduciary responsibility to maximize their profits. And beyond cancellations, later orders simply have better margins. Nowhere in the purchase agreement we signed does it say anything about “first come, first served“. Maddening, yes. Capitalism don’t care about feelings.

For me it’s $97k for plaid out the door vs $53k after $7500 for P3. Both SG/white. Plaid would have base wheels. No FSD on either.

I just drove my dad’s new base MS down to FL for him and even that car is plenty fast. Still handles like a big car.

For me, it's $55k vs $88k since I have no intention of ordering FSD. I have FSD on my M3P (and have been a part of the beta program for a long time) and while it has improved, I wouldn't pay extra for it. On my next Tesla, I plan to stick with the stock autopilot. Someday...assuming it ever gets to the point where I trust it without me watching it like a hawk, I'll just spring for the monthly subscription and call it a day. That seems to be the way to go unless you think they get it working well sometime soon AND you plan to keep the car for a long time.

For me, I'm comfortable treating it as a "super cruise control" on the highway, but I don't trust it on back roads and don't care about using it with the nav system. Color me a luddite. :)

Best,

Tesla knows exactly where every single piece, part, screw is in its supply chain and knows exactly how many cars it can make down to the minute I bet. Things happen but logistics is critical in their business, and they absolutely could and should provide tighter EDD windows. Even if they have to adjust it this 45 day up and down crap is ridiculous.
My delivery was delayed by a hail storm. Just one example, multiply that by every piece, part, and screw... And train and truck and you see the complications.

Reactions: AJ Henderson