Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woke up excited as I was scheduled to pickup at 2:00pm today, but that was extinguished by a voicemail from my SA mentioning the car went through inspection and was subsequently placed in a “containment hold which is a recall that we need to take care of before we can deliver it”.

Does anyone know what this could mean more specifically?

They said they cant have it fixed until Wednesday. Welp.. the wait goes on for 4 more long days :’)
This is my worst nightmare lol. I am scheduled to pickup Wednesday. My SA told me my car is expected to arrive on site Tuesday night. That's cutting it pretty dang close....... lol

Reactions: arkhos
Stopped by the Brandon Mississippi service center. Middle of freaking no where. Have never seen it mentioned in this thread but the SA said they’ve had multiple M3Ps picked up from there so far. Shows just how small of a group this forum is compared to the whole public
Really? Glad to hear but sure would like for us in this group to be able to pick up at Brandon location!!!! Please send VINs 😫

We are 99% confident it is a Nevada pack since the monroney changed to show 70% US content versus the previous cars which had much less and showed China as a major source and now it doesn’t.
For completedness... Someone posted vehicle info showing the battery source.

There are 8 M3P Highlands on TeslaFi with FSD, all running that build.

View attachment 1056960

FSD and no FSD:

View attachment 1056962
Strange but I see more than that what you were seeing. Have had mine since June 7th with that version and registered on TeslaFi and I wasn't on your screenshot. Anyone have any insight on when we should expect to see 12.4.x FSD start to rollout to larger distribution?

1719100274757.png

1719100522888.png

Attachments

• 1719100403345.png
    1719100403345.png
    153.7 KB · Views: 4
I took the car to the track. It's amazing. I of course forgot to hit the camera on my hot lap, and didn't make a track mode folder so I lost all telemetery. That said, it's amazing. I could smell the brakes, but that's prob just the first track day cook off. I need to get race fluid in the car, though I didn't feel any fade, I also didn't push it super hard. I love the traction control preset to minimal, or whatever it was just before off. It allows you to feel like you're driving the car but won't let you get too carried away. I got up to 140 on the straight where I think I only hit 125 on my 2020. THE SEATS. My god, I'm finally not holding on for dear life, the seats kept me right where I needed to be.

Thanks for recording and posting the vid.

Last October, during the Emich track day at HPR, a guy rode with me for a few laps in my '22 M3P. If I remember correctly (which I may not), the guy had an ICE car he ran on the track, but he also had a Model 3 performance in his stable. Might you have been that guy?

During your session, did the rear motor 'color' change from green to yellow/orange/red at all?
On my car, it was the rear motor that would move off of green before anything else.
The brakes color would eventually start to move from green, but I had the MPP BBK on front, and bigger brake kit on the rear.

Did you run full regen in the session, or did you dial back some of the regen?

This is my worst nightmare lol. I am scheduled to pickup Wednesday. My SA told me my car is expected to arrive on site Tuesday night. That's cutting it pretty dang close....... lol

Yeah man… brutal. So confused as to what could already be considered a “recall” right off the truck… but hey, I’d rather have them do this extra QA than rush it off the lot.

Hey, maybe we’ll even cross paths on Wednesday afternoon at pickup!

Thanks for recording and posting the vid.

Last October, during the Emich track day at HPR, a guy rode with me for a few laps in my '22 M3P. If I remember correctly (which I may not), the guy had an ICE car he ran on the track, but he also had a Model 3 performance in his stable. Might you have been that guy?

During your session, did the rear motor 'color' change from green to yellow/orange/red at all?
On my car, it was the rear motor that would move off of green before anything else.
The brakes color would eventually start to move from green, but I had the MPP BBK on front, and bigger brake kit on the rear.

Did you run full regen in the session, or did you dial back some of the regen?
It wasn't me. Odd that someone would take an ICE out if they have a P. It'd be pretty boring. Probably more laps though.

I got a hot brake warning first, and I can't remember what the rear motor did. I'm pretty upset about it. I lost that telemetry. I tried to zoom in on the original video and no luck. My 2020 mostly had battery heating issues, never the motor and this battery never had a problem, but I didn't push it to the max either.

I had the factory brake rotors and the track pads on the 20, never any brake fade. The factory rotors are bimetal units which are thousands of dollars if you try to aftermarket it. It's mostly pads and fluid, and this comes with the track pads so I just need to change the fluid out when I go back out in August.

I'm considering having my brother in law pick up the car, since I'm out of the country. For people that picked up the car in the last week or so, has anyone checked ID for the person picking up the car or is it automated via Tesla app? (i.e. Give my brother in law Tesla login)
I know in GA they definitely check the DL of everyone picking up a tesla. They’ve had some fraud with fake IDs in the past.

Picked up the car after 5 days at the ppf/tint shop. The color of the car in certain lighting conditions looks like a dark blue. Very happy with the sg/white. There was a scrape under the front drivers lip. But didn’t put it on the ticket as it’s not visible unless you look for it. There a few issues with the seal and fit. All minor and should be easy repairs. The car does pull gently to the right so I’ll have an alignment checked out. This occurred with my 2023 Tesla as well. Build quality has much improved especially when it comes to panel gaps.

For those who are interested. The front windshield is 75% and sides/back 35%. The car has full ppf.

Taking off the aero covers I recommend a beefy trim tool. Start at 1 corner and move to the opposite side. Gently pull and that’s it.

Happy to see my cayenne jack fits underneath the car…but with a flat I’ll have to bring a couple of 2x6 to get the car up. Will carry a spare on long drives. I have another Porsche cayenne jack if anyone around the DFW is interested.

The car is debadged and looks clean. Had a chance to take it out on the highway bringing it home. Passed a green McLaren 570? He/she didn’t follow after I took off. I swear, I have no idea how fast I’m driving in this car when I have these spirited drives.

It’s worth the wait!
any surface scratches with removing the aero covers?

Here are some tint references
55% Windshield
5% back
15% front
Ceramic XR Plus
Came out to about $1k after tax (overpriced I’m aware)
View attachment 1058864View attachment 1058865View attachment 1058866View attachment 1058867
Another thing that I have heard much was with the turn signals. For some reason my brain thinks that the left should be on top and right on bottom. I’ve heard someone say it once and always thought no way that sounds right lol.
i did Llumar Ceramic IRX 15% all around (half rear windshield, which i insisted) and 50% front windshield $550 done here in NJ.
price range with front windshield is 850-1100 with Llumar ceramic IRX/Pinnacle