Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took the car to the track. It's amazing. I of course forgot to hit the camera on my hot lap, and didn't make a track mode folder so I lost all telemetery. That said, it's amazing. I could smell the brakes, but that's prob just the first track day cook off. I need to get race fluid in the car, though I didn't feel any fade, I also didn't push it super hard. I love the traction control preset to minimal, or whatever it was just before off. It allows you to feel like you're driving the car but won't let you get too carried away. I got up to 140 on the straight where I think I only hit 125 on my 2020. THE SEATS. My god, I'm finally not holding on for dear life, the seats kept me right where I needed to be.

4/23 Blue/Blk, Vancouver, WA (Portland, OR northern suburb ha ha).
EDD was June 21 - June 30
Changed this morning to June 22 - June 30, so I assume I'll have another day-by-day march until it gets pushed to December. :)

5/3 Blk/Blk Portland OR
EDD was June 26-30th
Just got a VIN this morning at 10:41am, with a new EDD of June 22-June 30th

I talked with my SA who has been with Tesla for 10 years and she said the car is parked in Cali waiting for a truck to Oregon, and delivery would most likely be the last week of June. Ours are probably heading up on the same truck.

Last edited:
Picked up the car after 5 days at the ppf/tint shop. The color of the car in certain lighting conditions looks like a dark blue. Very happy with the sg/white. There was a scrape under the front drivers lip. But didn’t put it on the ticket as it’s not visible unless you look for it. There a few issues with the seal and fit. All minor and should be easy repairs. The car does pull gently to the right so I’ll have an alignment checked out. This occurred with my 2023 Tesla as well. Build quality has much improved especially when it comes to panel gaps.

For those who are interested. The front windshield is 75% and sides/back 35%. The car has full ppf.

Taking off the aero covers I recommend a beefy trim tool. Start at 1 corner and move to the opposite side. Gently pull and that’s it.

Happy to see my cayenne jack fits underneath the car…but with a flat I’ll have to bring a couple of 2x6 to get the car up. Will carry a spare on long drives. I have another Porsche cayenne jack if anyone around the DFW is interested.

The car is debadged and looks clean. Had a chance to take it out on the highway bringing it home. Passed a green McLaren 570? He/she didn’t follow after I took off. I swear, I have no idea how fast I’m driving in this car when I have these spirited drives.

It’s worth the wait!
Looks awesome!

Reactions: borntorun10
Got my VIN and MVPA this morning!

5/17 OD
SG/BLK
EDD1 July
EDD2 June 21-30
Rec'd VIN on 6/22
NorCal

Will proceed with financing, insurance, etc. probably on Monday. Delivery should be next week at some point, I'm looking at Friday (Stockton).

To update my previous post, for some reason the app told me to schedule delivery BEFORE the VIN was assigned, and I could have scheduled it for Sunday 6/23. Now that the VIN is assigned, the option to schedule delivery is now grayed out lol.

Should I slap 19" TE37's on this car...

does anyone know if batteries of highland LR and Performance are same?
If No, how much does they take to charge from 20% to 80%
Before the LR $7500 credit announced last week, the LR and P batteries are not the same.

and now with the 7500 LR tax credit .. rumors are that maybe they are the same? Non one has confirmed this.

The Performance battery charges from 20-80 in roughly 30 mins. Someone here can correct me if I am wrong.

The current LR is the slowest charging battery. Even the M3 rear wheel drive charges faster

Congrats! Don’t be down that’s good news. That will come faster than you know it! It could get moved up, too. At least now you know your car is built!
Yeah, not actually sad, just a slight tempering to the good news. Overall I'm feeling much better now that I have a VIN and have been able to get the loan and insurance processed. I'll feel even better once I have a concrete pickup date so I can arrange my third party trade in on my CX-9. Overall being able to actually ask the SA where my car is and knowing I have one assigned to me makes it much easier to wait than it was when I just had an EDD and no physical car associated to my name.

Just unfortunate that I'm unlikely to be able to get it before my sister leaves town since she's only up for a week and we won't likely have the car down by her any time soon. (We normally take the Y when we go to visit and she doesn't come up very often.)

• Love
Reactions: Sandee3