Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Following this as well. I plan on getting tint and a sunshade - Louisiana summers are no joke. I saw some with magnets which is much preferred than the clip on due to quick install/removal
using this from Amazon... approx $40. two pieces. light color matches liner and keeps cooler than black colored ones.

2024 Newest Sunshade Roof for Tesla Model 3 2024 No-Sag Design Roof Sun Shade for Tesla Model 3 Accessories 2024 White​

Visit the TSLDRV Store

I'm sorry but my response would have been, "My next refusal will be me rejecting Tesla for good, followed by me posting my experience on YouTube as a content creator. I'm not going to order, wait for the car, and then be presented with a car that needs to be in a body shop for 25% of the first month of ownership. That's on Tesla, not me!"

I love Elon and Tesla, but that doesn't mean either one gets to take me over a log and I just have to grin and bear it.
Come on, Tesla is not trying to hurt you, or “Take you over a log”.
Lots of ways to view the process, and challenges.
Why so vindictive. ?

My theory on these end of June EDD pushbacks is that they are trying to get people to jump to LR or SR models they know can be delivered before the quarter ends. I’m in NY, no chance I can get a car in Q2. Let’s see if I get bumped back up when Q3 starts.
I got a vin over the weekend in NY and still don't have an EDD until mid July, so I wouldn't really expect it before end of July for NY at this point if you don't have a vin yet.

Day one east coast order here and I’ve been stuck on a 7/23-8/27 EDD for weeks now. Starting to lose interest at this point. Might start sniffing around some of the crazy deals out there on the Lightning. Just ridiclous how Tesla does these rollouts
How late were you? I ordered at 1pm and got my vin over the weekend and have a July 10-19 EDD, so your EDD is probably accurate now, but which end of the range might depend on how early in the day you were.

Come on, Tesla is not trying to hurt you, or “Take you over a log”.
Lots of ways to view the process, and challenges.
Why so vindictive. ?
Hey this car we tried to pawn off on you obviously has major issues... If you don't take the next one we throw at you we're keeping your $250 and telling you to take a hike... It's a pretty screwed up process if the car has obvious significant issues.

Reactions: ord3r
Shock of shock... while -just- entering my Dentist's office this morning for an appt, I welcomed a brand new baby VIN! Talk about bittersweet, walking into that office while getting news I'd been waiting for almost 2 months exactly to the day.

4/23 order - Blue/Black, Pacific NW (Vancouver, Washington - yeah, the boring one).
VIN received
EDD did its one day crawl again (now June 24 - June 30)

I was able to input my trade-in info and insurance info, and now just waiting for the trade-in offer to come back. I am just looking for a fair amount, and even though last summer Tesla gave me the best offer out of everyone for my Kia, this year sounds pretty brutal so far so I am not holding out hopes for a super offer. I know the trade-in offer might take awhile based on a few reports here, I thought about submitting it earlier, but since it expires and I really thought my delivery would be July/August, I just held off.

Updating the tracker!

Doesnt the tracker have a ton of data round this stuff?

It’s not clear what EDD they had whenever they got the VIN or if it’s the most recent one. Mine changed yesterday and I’m now 8 days away from the start of my EDD which is the closest I’ve been. Still no VIN. I know EDD’s can’t be trusted but I’m just trying to see if there’s any pattern.
Also, there’s no dates for when the EDD was changed on the tracker.

Shock of shock... while -just- entering my Dentist's office this morning for an appt, I welcomed a brand new baby VIN! Talk about bittersweet, walking into that office while getting news I'd been waiting for almost 2 months exactly to the day.

4/23 order - Blue/Black, Pacific NW (Vancouver, Washington - yeah, the boring one).
VIN received

I was able to input my trade-in info and insurance info, and now just waiting for the trade-in offer to come back. I am just looking for a fair amount, and even though last summer Tesla gave me the best offer out of everyone for my Kia, this year sounds pretty brutal so far so I am not holding out hopes for a super offer. I know the trade-in offer might take awhile based on a few reports here, I thought about submitting it earlier, but since it expires and I really thought my delivery would be July/August, I just held off.

Updating the tracker!
When i got a chance to pick a delivery day I told them I had not heard from my trade offer yet. The SA said, pick a date and you will be pushed to the front for a trade offer.

I picked a date, 30 mins later a trade offer came in.

• Informative
Reactions: arkhos
Can anyone who has had the car for a bit now or has done so with a previous model in the past explain the process of bedding in the brakes? Best way to do so? How many miles does it take? Etc.

Know this was discussed at some point earlier on in the forum, but this will be my first Tesla and I want to make sure I know what to expect after I pickup on Wednesday. Already confused enough about how regenerative braking works without having experienced it before.

Thanks in advance!

Can anyone who has had the car for a bit now or has done so with a previous model in the past explain the process of bedding in the brakes? Best way to do so? How many miles does it take? Etc.

Know this was discussed at some point earlier on in the forum, but this will be my first Tesla and I want to make sure I know what to expect after I pickup on Wednesday. Already confused enough about how regenerative braking works without having experienced it before.

Thanks in advance!

Bedding in brakes is not a "Tesla" thing. If you google it you will get a ton of articles around it. Here is one:

Reactions: MODEL+

VIN received

Updating the tracker!
Congrats! I do have a dentist appointment tomorrow! I do hope I get it tomorrow as well. 🤣

Is the pic with the “Moderate Flush” spacer kit?
The pic is with 14/14mm.

Below is with our Moderate Flush Kit (5/14mm):
IMG_8758.JPG
IMG_8747.JPG

-Danny

Last edited:
Yep - I danced this dance before. Look up the local store on Google and call that number. It picks up with tha automated system and sounds like the generic “800” number. But press the button for deliveries (or maybe it’s for sales first? Then deliveries?). Then for “more help” . Then say whatever is on your mind for its automated response thing to try to do something. Then press button for “no, that didn’t help, I’d like to talk to a SA”. That should route you to a SA at that actual location.
Thank you! Tried yesterday with my local store in Fremont, went to voice mail after transferring me to a human. Will try again today, and if same outcome I'll start reaching to other local stores (I have quite a few around where I live, and I suppose they all got computers where they can see reservation numbers). Still no response instead from the number I used to text - maybe they're sorting out internally why the heck the system is asking customers to schedule deliveries without a VIN (or at least I hope so).

Adams Advanced Graphene. Previously used regular version 4 yrs ago and had good results. Even the pro-shops praise Adams ceramic saying its very close to pro-shop ceramic coatings. other good ones are the Korean brand like Gyeon. #1 Make sure paint is absolutely flawless and smooth. #2 depending on time and temp, do not leave it on for too long (i made that mistake) when i applied it the 2nd time, it was around 80 degrees with mild humidity and i only left it on for approx. 45 secs.
I've been looking at the Adams Graphene, and buying the kit. I was thinking of doing a very good 2 bucket wash, then a clay bar session, before doing the ceramic coating. Good idea? Did you do the windshield top with the Adam's or no?

I've been looking at the Adams Graphene, and buying the kit. I was thinking of doing a very good 2 bucket wash, then a clay bar session, before doing the ceramic coating. Good idea? Did you do the windshield top with the Adam's or no?
You should make sure there are EXTREMELY minimal micro abrasions in the clear coat before you put a coating like that on your car. That is a coating that would require a cut to get off and a lot of work so you want the paint as perfect as possible before you apply it. Take a good LED over the paint and look for the spiderwebs in the clear.
I’ve done ceramic on glass and wheels also and it’s immensely helpful. You get the starwars effects once you hit a certain speed but it minimizes wiper usage also

When I spoke with Tesla they said until you get a VIN don't worry about the appt. Basically, they're just filling up appt slots hoping to get you a car. This could be bad or good depending how you see it.

They told me if I get a VIN before the appt time message them and they will try to fit me in earlier or at the time stated.

So yah, the fact you got an appt time and date before the end of the week doesn't guarantee anything. I'm going to go about my day, week, month as if I am not getting a car.

Good luck everyone...