Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just back from the Ceramic shop. She looks -glorious- (to me, anyway!). Just an amazing job, and the staff here at Ceramic Pro were just awesome and friendly despite my being completely ignorant. They genuinely seemed to -enjoy- doing this work.

I am still just stunned at the differences between this and my 23RWD I traded in. Yes, I know there were extreme differences with the 23 M3P and my 23RWD too, but man... just an amazing upgrade.

Keep the faith, those of you still in line!
One of the few in blue! 👏

Reactions: arkhos
These are new, not sure if I recall seeing a distinction at the Rally Armor website between 2024 Highland and previous generations? I didn't drive the car today, letting the ceramic I applied to the seats a chance to set up. I'll send pictures later when I get home. The install for the rears is slightly easier, there is no metal bracket you attach the flap to, it's a two clip system.
The 2024 Rally Armor is DIFFERENT. It no longer uses a metal arm to frame it. The 2024 design is nicer. I would upgrade. I have a 2023 and a 2024, so we can compare and contrast.

Reactions: JezzaE
I’m seeing M3P inventory in Southern California in just about every color combination, including the gray/black and gray/white ones. Has supply finally caught up or is this just unique to Southern Cal?
Definitely a Cali thing, many of us east coasters are still waiting with EDDs still 1-2 months out. Impatiently waiting…. But waiting nonetheless.

See if the rattle goes away when you push down on the soft trim above the LED strip on top of the dash somewhere between the two arrows. I'd like to see if the rattle is the same as the one I had.
View attachment 1061264

Were you able to find a fix for it? Over rougher pavement, I hear a rattle now and again that feels like it's coming from that front dash. Curious if there's a DIY that I can do.

That might be the dumbest thing I've heard in some time. Did you happen to speak with an SA from the Pa service center?
I spoke to a rep at Freemont and also my local SA .. they told me as a VA resident I can buy cars in VA and MD BUT no other states

Other states are too complicated for them.

the irony ... I have 3 cars now and all were purchased in NY and DMV paperwork is EASY.

Last edited:
Reactions: arkhos
I’m seeing M3P inventory in Southern California in just about every color combination, including the gray/black and gray/white ones. Has supply finally caught up or is this just unique to Southern Cal?
I think it's probably CA to start... which makes sense, considering the plant is right there...

But there are still first-day orders across the rest of the US still waiting VINs and such...

I would think by the end of July most of the backlog will be resolved. But what you're seeing seems like a good sign!

I think this is the reason. Plus they didn't want to stymie sales abroad because of people annoyed upfront that they'd be getting an "inferior" car.
I think so too. More evidence that they just didn't want two different spec sheets is the 0-60. People are getting 2.9 seconds 0-60 in the U.S. model without subtracting the 1 foot rollout. They've always announced the performance variants with 0-60 specs with the 1 foot rollout subtracted. Why not this time since they could have advertised 2.7 seconds? I think the answer is that the China spec cars can get 2.9x with the 1 foot rollout subtracted so 2.9 probably seemed like a good middle ground between U.S. anc China spec cars.

I think it's probably CA to start... which makes sense, considering the plant is right there...

But there are still first-day orders across the rest of the US still waiting VINs and such...

I would think by the end of July most of the backlog will be resolved. But what you're seeing seems like a good sign!
I think backlog is going into August - September now. I fully expect mine to change to that timeframe tomorrow or Wednesday.

I’m a day one order, but will be relieving my order next Sunday. Ive been looking at local Caymans in my area.

Regular dealership is 5-10 minutes of negotiation then everything is silky smooth with you driving off same day with the car. That’s one thing I’m looking forward for. Tesla is easy ordering, but then dozens of EDD changes, useless SAs, and schedule changes to try to accommodate.

I’m going to be on my 9th EDD and probably would have never ordered if the website didn’t say “May” delivery.

I had to explain to my wife how the EDDs changes are normal, the SAs aren’t the most reliable, and how there’s a checklist for customers to do upon delivery. Didn’t go so well, so it looks like we will be weaning towards another car. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get an LR at this point.

I think backlog is going into August - September now. I fully expect mine to change to that timeframe tomorrow or Wednesday.

I’m a day one order, but will be relieving my order next Sunday. Ive been looking at local Caymans in my area.

Regular dealership is 5-10 minutes of negotiation then everything is silky smooth with you driving off same day with the car. That’s one thing I’m looking forward for. Tesla is easy ordering, but then dozens of EDD changes, useless SAs, and schedule changes to try to accommodate.

I’m going to be on my 9th EDD and probably would have never ordered if the website didn’t say “May” delivery.

I had to explain to my wife how the EDDs changes are normal, the SAs aren’t the most reliable, and how there’s a checklist for customers to do upon delivery. Didn’t go so well, so it looks like we will be weaning towards another car. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get an LR at this point.
I have a bunch of EDDs also and we have the same build. My current EDD is July 5-19. I have a good feeling that we will get our VINs this week.

BTW .. I have test driven the M3LR 4x and that car is really really good BUT I am holding out for the M3P.

Hang in there

I have a bunch of EDDs also and we have the same build. My current EDD is July 5-19. I have a good feeling that we will get our VINs this week.

BTW .. I have test driven the M3LR 4x and that car is really really good BUT I am holding out for the M3P.

Hang in there
I have purchased cars in NJ, NY and MD in the last 20 years with never an issue with the DMV...I cannot image VA is that difficult to deal with?

I spoke with a local SA and they said I have a soft match on August 1st, but the SA at least this one I spoke too said “soft matches” don’t exist. I was told I have a soft match “early July” from another SA back in June.

Unfortunately for me this was the last straw for the wife. She said if my EDD changes tomorrow or Wednesday the order is being canceled and we’re going to a normal dealership like regular people. She said the inconsistency of all the different SAs is something that really questions the customer service of Tesla and she’s concerned about doing business with them.

I think it’s a wrap for me, but it’ll be for the better and I think EVs in 5-10 years won’t take as much of a depreciation hit and have much better range.

Just finished getting mine wrapped, came out way better than I expected, smoked rear taillights too
View attachment 1061279

Hi. I would absolutely love more photos of that in various lighting conditions. Night, different lights on it, whatever you got. I'm this close to pulling the trigger on that color. I actually got a sample of that color from Avery a few days ago. Very much appreciated!