Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first video on the 2024 Highland Model 3 Performance is up. You can find all of the details in the thread below.

Not trying to argue, but that shouldn't be where the pry bar was. If it was, you didn't follow the instructions. That should be from the plastic of the aero cap itself. And it was done when the cap was INSTALLED. You will not avoid these marks. Look at the pictures from those that took the wheel off and they will have the marks too. The marks come off 100%. No issue. Mine was cleaned prior to ceramic coating. People that insist on taking the wheel off to destroy the wire are overthinking it.
Hey thanks for feedback. I only used the pry bar at the widest part where the aero cap meets the tire. Then once it was loose I pulled them off. But then it still left a bunch of these marks that don’t just wipe off with a microfiber cloth. None of the marks are where I actually used the tool. I’m afraid the metal in the caps themself scratched it? But sounds like maybe not?

Any product you recommend using to get these off? I just want to make sure it’s not scratched

My first video on the 2024 Highland Model 3 Performance is up. You can find all of the details in the thread below.

Amazing breakdown - thanks for sharing! I wonder why they’re publishing 510 HP when it seems that it’s realistically 100+ more HP at peak power?

I'm going to throw my Texas delivery experience just for reference in case someone searches and needs the same information.

First day order with initial delivery to be on June 8th. Unable to take delivery due to out of country status so order placed on hold 6/6 until 6/20. I was apprehensive about the language of the order hold automatically releasing vs order automatically cancelling at the 14 days mark so I removed hold on 6/19 and for a couple of days did not have an EDD then on 6/21 received VIN with EDD of 6/21 to 6/28. I received a text to set up delivery almost immediately after that and the app gave me one day only (6/26) as an option.

The staff at the Pond Springs Austin, TX location were great when I contacted them and set the delivery day from 6/26 to 6/28 when I could actually arrive to pick up. The hiccup was with the Texas Registration and Temp tag paperwork which I notified them by text and messaging 6 days prior that I needed to sign these forms but got no response. Then on delivery day, they called and had me sign the forms online which delayed my delivery by a couple of hours.

The actual delivery process was pretty smooth with only a couple of issues (paint chip and LED on one side not aligned well) which the service appointments are over a month out (WTH?). The car otherwise looks to be put together very well and with a first EV, quite the learning curve although Tesla has put a ton of obvious effort in UI.

Reactions: arkhos
Ordered on 4/28 and my literal neighbor down the street who ordered the same exact config on 5/3 just took delivery of their car. Not a demo either. Seriously, I’m about to give up and just get something else at this point. The process or lack thereof is mind boggling
i wouldn't give up. nothing available in the price range to compete even close. my suggestion is to keep sending texts (bombard them with repetitive questions) even if nobody replies. double/triple check your finance/loan status/trade-in status. took delivery on 6/12 on my 4/23 order. good luck.

Reactions: blinkme323
Hey thanks for feedback. I only used the pry bar at the widest part where the aero cap meets the tire. Then once it was loose I pulled them off. But then it still left a bunch of these marks that don’t just wipe off with a microfiber cloth. None of the marks are where I actually used the tool. I’m afraid the metal in the caps themself scratched it? But sounds like maybe not?

Any product you recommend using to get these off? I just want to make sure it’s not scratched
I don't think that those are scratches. I think it is from the plastic on the aero when they were pressed on. Pulling them off doesn't rub the front of the wheel, since the plastic nubs are on the back side. To clean them, I'd use a mild polish. I used a cleaner/wax combo.

I still don’t know why they do that. It just doesn’t make any sense why they underrate it.
The only reason I can think of is so that they don't acknowledge the difference in power between the MIC and Fremont built cars; that and to save work from having to create separate spec sheets and marketing material for both cars in different regions, whereby they simply just stick to the same spec and marketing material consistently for their products across the globe.

Valdosta, GA supercharger on my way home to Atlanta. Another in white/white pulled in.

Attachments

• IMG_3973.jpeg
    IMG_3973.jpeg
    403.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3974.jpeg
    IMG_3974.jpeg
    500.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3975.jpeg
    IMG_3975.jpeg
    507.5 KB · Views: 2
Just back from the Ceramic shop. She looks -glorious- (to me, anyway!). Just an amazing job, and the staff here at Ceramic Pro were just awesome and friendly despite my being completely ignorant. They genuinely seemed to -enjoy- doing this work.

I am still just stunned at the differences between this and my 23RWD I traded in. Yes, I know there were extreme differences with the 23 M3P and my 23RWD too, but man... just an amazing upgrade.

Keep the faith, those of you still in line!

Attachments

• carSunday.jpg
    carSunday.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 1
Welp, my date got moved up a week. It is now, at earliest, “only” two months later than the date I was given upon ordering… There are people who ordered a month after me that have already taken delivery. I don’t even have a VIN and have at least a month to wait.

I am extremely frustrated, and Tesla won’t refund my order fee if I cancel. My current car will last another few weeks if I’m lucky. Wouldn’t have been a problem if I wasn’t blatantly lied to when I ordered.

Can’t imagine how pissed off some of the day 1 orderers are.

Just picked up SG/WHt at the Fremont factory in the afternoon. There were few SG and Blacks that were picked up, did not see any Reds or Blues. Maybe this batch was all SG and Black. This is my fourth Tesla and boy Tesla has made a big leap in fit, finish, the quietness of the cabin, handling of bumps. Didn’t find anything wrong in paint etc. stereo is fantastic especially in bass. It was crazy scene at the factory with so many other cars (Model Y, the highland model 3’s that were being picked up)
Drove in insane mode and boy that is a whole new level, it feels like launching a rocket. The car drives amazing on curvy roads. Hang in folks, it’s totally worth the wait. I cannot wait for Tesla to upgrade the Model Y so I can trade that in and get the newer one if the changes are going to be similar to what Tesla has done with 3.

Just picked up SG/WHt at the Fremont factory in the afternoon. There were few SG and Blacks that were picked up, did not see any Reds or Blues. Maybe this batch was all SG and Black. This is my fourth Tesla and boy Tesla has made a big leap in fit, finish, the quietness of the cabin, handling of bumps. Didn’t find anything wrong in paint etc. stereo is fantastic especially in bass. It was crazy scene at the factory with so many other cars (Model Y, the highland model 3’s that were being picked up)
Drove in insane mode and boy that is a whole new level, it feels like launching a rocket. The car drives amazing on curvy roads. Hang in folks, it’s totally worth the wait. I cannot wait for Tesla to upgrade the Model Y so I can trade that in and get the newer one if the changes are going to be similar to what Tesla has done with 3.
congrats, I got mine too. Reading about the previous models, I was worried the suspension would be too harsh but it is not.
Getting on a couple of on/off ramps, the car behaved well -- better than the Model S. The real test is to take to Mt. Hamilton and Mines road to find out how it can handle itself on those non-stop switchbacks.
I wish Tesla would allow regenerative braking to be adjusted outside track mode....