Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While i'm really excited, i can't help but feel that it's just pushing me farther and farther down the line.

Gotta wonder if anyone ordering on the west coast today bumps me down somehow. Gotta figure out where that line is... hmmmm

I bet they hit 500,000 by the end of the year.

Reactions: dctrombly
While i'm really excited, i can't help but feel that it's just pushing me farther and farther down the line.

Gotta wonder if anyone ordering on the west coast today bumps me down somehow. Gotta figure out where that line is... hmmmm

I bet they hit 500,000 by the end of the year.

I had to wait until today to make my reservation, so though I'm in California, I'm at the back of the line too! Love to get my car first. But given the way Model S Build quality got better as they made more cars, and the fact that Tesla constantly makes tweaks production, I'm okay with being at the back of the line. Sure I won't get my car first. But by the time I do, it will most likely be more solid than the earlier builds.

Great idea, but it looks like the X-axis intervals are evenly spaced even though the time between each X-axis point varies? This would result in an inaccurate curve.

The tabulation is nice, but the graph still has this problem. It gives the impression that reservations are increasing linearly, while in fact they're slowing down and appear to be levelling off. They've decreased from a peak of 15,000 per hour to 500 per hour. I'm sure only hardcore data nerds such as myself care about such things, but still.

Reactions: tmoz
The tabulation is nice, but the graph still has this problem. It gives the impression that reservations are increasing linearly, while in fact they're slowing down and appear to be levelling off. They've decreased from a peak of 15,000 per hour to 500 per hour. I'm sure only hardcore data nerds such as myself care about such things, but still.
Will try and get a normalized graph and also put the correct start date and time in PDT based on reservations first opening in Australia.

Easy, Breezy, maybe this will satisfy your craving for the moment :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...FaU/pubchart?oid=836356650&format=interactive

Credit to Nomad, here the thread:
Chart for Model 3 reservations — cumulative and hourly

Last edited:
Reactions: tmoz and ajay
I'm really curious what the total was at 7:30pm when the online ordering started. This mostly included in-store purchases. I was able to get to the ordering page and order it before they actually changed the home page (at about 7:32pm), so I got in pretty early.

Being at west coast (San Diego) puts me behind in-store purchasers and current MS owners, but mostly ahead of the flood.

Reactions: dctrombly
But still ... what ?

500 an hour is tremendous
Even the most rabid and optimistic Tesla fan knows to expect a taper ;-)
I wonder how big the market is of people who take a wait and see approach. In other products it is easily 10x if the first generation lives up to the hype.

325,000 reservations in one week will definitely wake up a lot of the automotive industry. Definitely expect to see a lot of competition, but nothing that I think will sway us from cancelling our reservations.
I imagine the number will be low but I suspect there will be some that cancel because it's not a hatchback. I'd prefer a hatch but it's too gorgeous. I'll figure it out

Will try and get a normalized graph and also put the correct start date and time in PDT based on reservations first opening in Australia.

Did this before I saw the google based graph - mine is based on the data in the wiki post here but with an X axis linear in time. Thought it would be nice to have it here, too. Use it for the wiki if you like it.

Screen shot 2016-04-10 at 10.17.56 AM.png

Last edited: