Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2018.42.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got 42.3 this morning. With the RWD increased regen, it's not insignificant. I'd estimate 10% to 15% increase from my butt-dyno. Not earth-shattering, but certainly welcome.
Some more proof of my butt-dyno being properly calibrated....
I am under shooting many of my stops. I tend to try and maximize my use of regen and not use friction brakes if possible so I lift the accelerator earlier than most and with the increased regen I'm stopping too early and having to modulate the accelerator a bit to make up for my too early application I'm sure I will recalibrate quickly though

I got 42.3 yesterday but no Nav on AP. The release notes just said something about keys and stronger regen. What gives?

Did you enable it in the "Autopilot" settings or is it completely missing?

uxllgeQ.jpg

It's completely missing. I just have the Autosteer and Summon buttons.

Interesting. The only other thing I can think of is your vehicle hasn't received the large 7GB updated maps set which apparently requires WiFi. Unfortunately, there's no way to see easily if you've received it yet or not. Although a call to Tesla Support, they can check to see if your vehicle has it.

Reactions: diplomat33
Interesting. The only other thing I can think of is your vehicle hasn't received the large 7GB updated maps set which apparently requires WiFi. Unfortunately, there's no way to see easily if you've received it yet or not. Although a call to Tesla Support, they can check to see if your vehicle has it.

Thanks. Yeah, I did get a message a couple weeks ago about needing to update maps via wifi. But I have since connected to a wifi and got a few Gb worth of stuff, including getting V9 and now 42.3.

Thanks. Yeah, I did get a message a couple weeks ago about needing to update maps via wifi. But I have since connected to a wifi and got a few Gb worth of stuff, including getting V9 and now 42.3.

I had the same thing. I'm not sure which fixed the problem, but I drove 20+ miles and I reset the computer. After this I had the NoA option in settings and it showed up on change log when it hadn't the night before. It is possible my car downloaded maps in between my first and second check as well, I suppose.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. After the upgrade to 42.2, my car said the camera calibration was at 92%. After driving a while it got to 97%. Then it went back down to 96%. Now it keeps going back and forth between 96 and 97. Hopefully that's just a Microsoft-style progress indicator, and eventually it will start working. I was beginning to fear I have a bad camera.
I just wanted to post an update that 42.4 fixed the camera issue I was having, and apparently fixed it for other people too.

• Informative
Reactions: DNAPoPo