Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received v26.1 an hour ago as well. Connected to my Network no problem. Tested summon. It reversed in a straight line. Good. However when going forward, it tried to steer to an empty space (wife’s car/space) instead of going straight. I guess if my wife’s car was there, it would have gone straight forward. Lock/ beep when walks away. The honk was subtle. Good. Haven’t done any driving to test AP yet.

I’m happy so far.

I tested this morning again with my wife's car still in the garage. It detected the car and went straight in, instead of trying to steer to the other half of the garage.

I got a notification on the phone app that a new update was available but nothing happened. Didn’t show an option to install when got to the car. Car was at home while at work. Will it prompt again to update?

I just called Tesla about this because I suspected that a previous update had failed to install properly and was preventing future updates. (I had that happen on my S last year.) Sure enough, Tesla was able to confirm that's exactly what happened. They escalated the matter and the appropriate team has promised to issue a purge command to clear things out so that the update will occur properly. This might be what happened to you.

• Helpful
Reactions: IdaX
Had a visit from the mobile service today to take care of a key card problem. Before the Mobile guy came he pushed the 2018.24.8 update to me. I installed it before he came. When he came he checked it and it looked OK. But then he check another update that doesn't get publicly downloaded . It was an update for the BMS The battery maintenance system. It would not install. Making a long story short (it took about an hour) he discovered that the BMS update could only be installed within the confines of the Service Center.
Fortunately, the service center is only 10 minutes away, so I took a ride over there. Took another hour to locate the correct files and install the software.
On my way out of the SC, I received another notice on the screen that there was another download waiting. I paused it until I got home and it took about 20 minutes to install. Turned out to be 24.8 again. I suspected this and took a shot of 24.8's full description and they were identical.
I absolutely love the car, but the software is starting to feel like dealing with Windows 3, 95, XP, 7, 8, 10.

• Funny
Reactions: Benjamin Brooks
OK - if you want to be a stickler - here it is:
Windows 1.0 1.04
Windows 2.0 2.11
Windows 3.0 3
Windows NT 3.1 3.10.528
Windows for Workgroups 3.11 3.11
Windows NT Workstation 3.5 3.5.807
Windows NT Workstation 3.51 3.51.1057
Windows 95 4.0.950
Windows NT Workstation 4.0 4.0.1381
Windows 98 4.1.1998
Windows 98 Second Edition 4.1.2222
Windows Me 4.90.3000
Windows 2000 Professional 5.0.2195
Windows XP 5.1.2600
Windows Vista 6.0.6000
Windows 7 6.1.7600
Windows 8.1 6.3.9600
Windows 10 10.0.10240

There was an old saying about cars created by Microsoft. " If you have a problem with the car's OS crashing, you have to do the following: Turn the left directional on, as well as the rear window defroster. Then hold down the start button for 7.5 seconds, open all 4 doors with the windows down, release the starter button, turn everything off and restart the car. The procedure works best if performed by two people.

• Funny
Reactions: mpt
Same here working just fine. I like the option to have the horn honk when you walk away. Assuming you have the walk away on lock feature activated. No phone issues at all so far. Of course I have only had this version almost a week.