TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S Canadian Deliveries

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by colinb, Oct 11, 2012.

1. CanuckS#69

CanuckS#69 Member

I registered for home delivery before the initial E-Mail went out and was still given the option of a Delivery Event.

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

#242 Doug_G, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
    I wasn't given the option of a Delivery Event, but I have contacted Tesla to tell them that's what I want to do.

3. Vger

Vger Active Member

Thanks for this, @HTK! I missed this on the thread last night, and just saw it now. I called Delivery in CA this morning, and the guy I spoke to just put a note in my file that I want to pick-up in Vancouver. I asked him to forward the invitation email, but he just wrote back and referred me to Hans. So tomorrow I will call Hans and just make SURE everyone knows to schedule me on the FIRST available day in Vancouver.

I hope I get to meet up with a few of you on that happy day!

4. znino

znino Member

It really floors me that 1 week before delivery they have no idea about what they are doing for registrations, no idea for total due, have not given us final paperwork or do not know how payment will work (when, type etc). I understand they are very busy right now preparing deliveries but it's not like they didn't literally have time to think about this. Shouldn't they have thought about delivery event options and looked into how to register the cars or apply for rebates when they had less to do and more time on their hands? They wouldn't be scrambling as much right now. I cannot believe that delivery is about a week away and I cannot give my bank or insurance the final amount of the car! You can attribute a lot of things to growing pains but some of the basic stuff, I am sorry...they could really have been better organized.

5. Jgdixon

Jgdixon Member

6. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Manufacturers who are trying to set their dealers up for a little service profit restrict end users from doing this. I'm not going to name names, but I have a friend who owns a high end car dealership and he all but told me this. As mentioned previously, it can be done by the owner of Cadillacs, but it is a convoluted procedure, and I just leave it to my dealer to do it with their hand tool. Since Tesla doesn't have a full-blown service network, they should provide the option to users like Cadillac does.

7. Shorty

Shorty Member

+1

Even if Tesla provided the VIN and total amount due tomorrow, it would be hard for a lot of people to arrange a loan for $100K and receive financing in less than a week. I am thinking that the delivery event will likely be Saturday or Sunday.

8. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Got the call! My delivery is scheduled next Thursday, at the service center in Mississauga! :love: :love: :love:

9. Vger

Vger Active Member

Did they say how they are handling final paperwork; did they confirm final balance etc.?

10. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

They said I'll have final paperwork tomorrow.

11. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Doug!

I wonder if they're going to have individual appointment times, or whether they'll do some sort of group orientation and delivery?

12. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Thanks.

No, it's a group delivery thing.

If I recall correctly, I think there were four slots per day.

13. znino

znino Member

Amazing Doug. Happy for you. Let us know what they provide for you tomorrow in terms of paperwork, licensing etc. I'm still waiting to hear about a Montreal event :(

14. KBF

KBF Model S 2017

I emailed Tesla service, and she said that the Rangers will do it for me. I'm hoping they get so annoyed with having to fly someone out twice a year that they get a Manitoba service centre sooner than later... :D Apparently they don't have the tools for cloning sensors (that's what Cdn Tire does - just don't store your other set next to your car; I have a separate garage for that stuff).

15. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Tesla sells a gadget for resetting the TPMS, and the Model S version reportedly also works for the Roadster, so that would be handy. The original Roadster version is listed as $500 on the web store but I'm told the Canadian price is $750 (talk about gouging).

If the Rangers are going to provide resetting service then I guess I'll just go that route, although it's going to make for a lot of extra driving for them.

16. RKM

RKM Member

KBF... I'm with you on the Manitoba service centre issue. The ranger option will work I suppose, but it won't be as convenient, economical or environmentally friendly for Tesla or its Manitoba customers. It may take a while before Manitoba has enough of a customer base to justify a true Tesla service centre, but it will happen more quickly if they provide a local service option. It would seem to make sense to contract with a local business to perform their service work until they feel the province warrants a Tesla depot. Just a thought...

What's the update from the #1 CDN Sig reservation holder!? Doug is scheduled for next Thursday. Any news you can share re. your delivery date? Getting excited for you!

Rob

17. laurentb

laurentb Model S Sig Perf. VIN2018

Just got a call from Tesla and booked my delivery slot on Thursday Dec 20 at 1pm in Toronto! A 9am slot was also available.

Laurent

18. colinb

colinb Member

Toronto Service told me 9am, 1pm and 4pm with four slots per time is the schedule they are running with. I grabbed a Thursday 9am slot as I have a meeting at 1pm and have to be on the road at 4pm to pick up my daughter from daycare. I asked them to email me the financing application ASAP so I can get that started - hopefully get that in the next 24 hours.

19. laurentb

laurentb Model S Sig Perf. VIN2018

Sig #3, VIN 2018

20. timdorr

timdorr Model S P1698 / VIN 1657

What's your sequence number? I'd love to put it up on the big spreadsheet. More CA representation! :)