Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Canadian Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Vgr While the first possible date is this Thursday, I called Tesla and the rep said the cars (at least my car and maybe all Vancouver cars) are still in California awaiting transportation and might not be here for a Thurs delivery. That's ok with me as Thurs won't work for me. The rep also had no details re BC reg, insurance, CEV, total due, payment etc. and said he was going to be in a meeting re Cdn deliveries tomorrow and would get back to me.

View attachment 12804

Thanks for this, @HTK! I missed this on the thread last night, and just saw it now. I called Delivery in CA this morning, and the guy I spoke to just put a note in my file that I want to pick-up in Vancouver. I asked him to forward the invitation email, but he just wrote back and referred me to Hans. So tomorrow I will call Hans and just make SURE everyone knows to schedule me on the FIRST available day in Vancouver.

I hope I get to meet up with a few of you on that happy day!

@Vgr The rep also had no details re BC reg, insurance, CEV, total due, payment etc.

It really floors me that 1 week before delivery they have no idea about what they are doing for registrations, no idea for total due, have not given us final paperwork or do not know how payment will work (when, type etc). I understand they are very busy right now preparing deliveries but it's not like they didn't literally have time to think about this. Shouldn't they have thought about delivery event options and looked into how to register the cars or apply for rebates when they had less to do and more time on their hands? They wouldn't be scrambling as much right now. I cannot believe that delivery is about a week away and I cannot give my bank or insurance the final amount of the car! You can attribute a lot of things to growing pains but some of the basic stuff, I am sorry...they could really have been better organized.

Most manufacturers do not allow end users to reset the TPMS. I don't know if that is because TPMS is now mandated as a safety merchanism or they just want to save themselves thousands of support calls and visit when users buy the wrong sensors or have them improperly mounted.

Manufacturers who are trying to set their dealers up for a little service profit restrict end users from doing this. I'm not going to name names, but I have a friend who owns a high end car dealership and he all but told me this. As mentioned previously, it can be done by the owner of Cadillacs, but it is a convoluted procedure, and I just leave it to my dealer to do it with their hand tool. Since Tesla doesn't have a full-blown service network, they should provide the option to users like Cadillac does.

It really floors me that 1 week before delivery they have no idea about what they are doing for registrations, no idea for total due, have not given us final paperwork or do not know how payment will work (when, type etc). I understand they are very busy right now preparing deliveries but it's not like they didn't literally have time to think about this. Shouldn't they have thought about delivery event options and looked into how to register the cars or apply for rebates when they had less to do and more time on their hands? They wouldn't be scrambling as much right now. I cannot believe that delivery is about a week away and I cannot give my bank or insurance the final amount of the car! You can attribute a lot of things to growing pains but some of the basic stuff, I am sorry...they could really have been better organized.

+1

Even if Tesla provided the VIN and total amount due tomorrow, it would be hard for a lot of people to arrange a loan for $100K and receive financing in less than a week. I am thinking that the delivery event will likely be Saturday or Sunday.

Manufacturers who are trying to set their dealers up for a little service profit restrict end users from doing this. I'm not going to name names, but I have a friend who owns a high end car dealership and he all but told me this. As mentioned previously, it can be done by the owner of Cadillacs, but it is a convoluted procedure, and I just leave it to my dealer to do it with their hand tool. Since Tesla doesn't have a full-blown service network, they should provide the option to users like Cadillac does.

I emailed Tesla service, and she said that the Rangers will do it for me. I'm hoping they get so annoyed with having to fly someone out twice a year that they get a Manitoba service centre sooner than later... :D Apparently they don't have the tools for cloning sensors (that's what Cdn Tire does - just don't store your other set next to your car; I have a separate garage for that stuff).

Tesla sells a gadget for resetting the TPMS, and the Model S version reportedly also works for the Roadster, so that would be handy. The original Roadster version is listed as $500 on the web store but I'm told the Canadian price is $750 (talk about gouging).

If the Rangers are going to provide resetting service then I guess I'll just go that route, although it's going to make for a lot of extra driving for them.

KBF... I'm with you on the Manitoba service centre issue. The ranger option will work I suppose, but it won't be as convenient, economical or environmentally friendly for Tesla or its Manitoba customers. It may take a while before Manitoba has enough of a customer base to justify a true Tesla service centre, but it will happen more quickly if they provide a local service option. It would seem to make sense to contract with a local business to perform their service work until they feel the province warrants a Tesla depot. Just a thought...

What's the update from the #1 CDN Sig reservation holder!? Doug is scheduled for next Thursday. Any news you can share re. your delivery date? Getting excited for you!

Rob

If I recall correctly, I think there were four slots per day.

Toronto Service told me 9am, 1pm and 4pm with four slots per time is the schedule they are running with. I grabbed a Thursday 9am slot as I have a meeting at 1pm and have to be on the road at 4pm to pick up my daughter from daycare. I asked them to email me the financing application ASAP so I can get that started - hopefully get that in the next 24 hours.