Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Canadian Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Canada!!! Just a quick note...

I know some of you are wondering if there will be a "Signature Update" coming your way similar to the one in the US several weeks ago? Yep, we will do so shortly. We needed to wait just a little longer to finalize a few things before sending it out. It will be hitting within the next week or so... all good news too!
GeorgeB

GeorgeB, thanks for this!! It is nice to hear something, at least, during the first week of our promised NOV/DEC delivery window!

Your long-and-patiently-waiting #2 up here

This post is all about Canada... General Production reservation holders in Canada will start hearing from us around the end of the month to start configuring their car.

GeorgeB

Wonder if we are going to be batched since 400+ reservations seem a pretty low number compared to US reservations. Reserved mine when US reservation were around US P4600 and I see that P7700 or so received their "It's time to build" already. I assume Transportation Canada was in the way.

PB

Thanks for the update George! Much appreciated!

Hello Canada!!! Just a quick note...

I know some of you are wondering if there will be a "Signature Update" coming your way similar to the one in the US several weeks ago? Yep, we will do so shortly. We needed to wait just a little longer to finalize a few things before sending it out. It will be hitting within the next week or so... all good news too!

General Production reservation holders will also be hearing from us soon. General Production configurations for Canada are on track to start right around the end of the month.

GeorgeB

This post is all about Canada... General Production reservation holders in Canada will start hearing from us around the end of the month to start configuring their car.

GeorgeB

It's an honor for us to get feedback from you Mr Blankenship! I'm a General Production reservation holder !! I also a friend who's SS13 ... so he will be happy to hear the good news !!

Thanks for taking the time to inform us directly !!

Have any non-Sig reservation holders been contacted yet to configure their car? If all sigs will be delivered by say, end of Jan, I would expect non-sigs to start cheaper beginning of Feb... is that reasonable?

Actually, you should be hearing from them much sooner than that: Canadian Signature discussion - Page 8

General Production reservation holders will also be hearing from us soon. General Production configurations for Canada are on track to start right around the end of the month.

Yeah, I read that from George. I was just wondering what the delay usually is from the time you book your configuration to delivery time... I was estimating beginning of February...

That would be great if it comes sooner but probably more realistic to assume that we start seeing them around end of March. My reasoning is based on the idea that I have always assumed that the delay was three months after finalizing but with the "Time to Finalize" having a 30 day deadline, I would guess that we should see our Canadian Ps getting delivered about 4 months after the finalize email.

@clea,

I see that you are P98. Interesting. When I spoke to Hans at the Carrefour Laval visit, he told me that my P308 number included the 200 Canadian sigs, so it was actually P108. I guess he was wrong. Meaning that there are the 200 sigs, then 307 cars before me. Definitely more like end of March then. :) Unless a lot of reservations holders are doing 40 or 60kw...

@clea,

I see that you are P98. Interesting. When I spoke to Hans at the Carrefour Laval visit, he told me that my P308 number included the 200 Canadian sigs, so it was actually P108. I guess he was wrong. Meaning that there are the 200 sigs, then 307 cars before me. Definitely more like end of March then. :) Unless a lot of reservations holders are doing 40 or 60kw...

Well originally that would have been true because they offered an upgrade path to a Signature reservation to all the current Ps when they first decided to offer Sigs in Canada. But not long afterwards they collapsed the reservations so that the Sigs had their own list. Some of us in the more undecided camp (probably just myself) flipped to Sigs and then went back to general production reservations after the pricing was announced and we were fitted back in to the P list "as close to our original spot as possible". So the Canadian Sigs were at least 50 strong before when it was started as a separate list so i would guess that at most you could see is 100 holes between you and the beginning of the sig list which would make you, with a sequence number of P308, closer to number 400 in the Canadian run (including S, R, and P cars).

NB: this is all conjecture and not meant to demoralize you but to give you a better realistic idea of where you stand in line.

@clea,

I'm good with 400th in line. :) If they start sig production in the next week or so, they will finish in one week (I think they will do all Canadian sigs as they make the most profit on them). Then there's 200 R/P cars before mine. If they make 1 out of 10 cars Canadian, that's 2000 cars I have to wait for. That's only 6 to 8 weeks of production. Which would bring me neatly to end of February. My current lease ends March 3rd, so that would be ideal for me. :)

NB: isn't this forum all about conjecture? :)

I think they will do all Canadian sigs as they make the most profit on them
I don't think profit will be their motivation, I think it'll be as a 'Thank you' to those people who gave Tesla $40,000 interest-free 4+ years ago to help get things going. :) It's for this reason as well that I think us P-reservation holders will have to wait an extra ~3 months to see our cars, the Sig reservationists deserve a perk to have their cars remain unique for a time.

I don't think profit will be their motivation, I think it'll be as a 'Thank you' to those people who gave Tesla $40,000 interest-free 4+ years ago to help get things going. :) It's for this reason as well that I think us P-reservation holders will have to wait an extra ~3 months to see our cars, the Sig reservationists deserve a perk to have their cars remain unique for a time.

Canadian sigs were only introduced in March 2011, so no one was able to put 40k down before then. Even if one upgraded from signature at that point they didn't have to send Tesla any additional funds....

I really hope they don't make us wait ~3 months simply to "reward" sigs...