Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3 months newer but still a 2021. If we receive our cars in June-July, then many 2022 models will be on the roads within a few months or less. A few years ago, I got my 2018 MB in August 2017. Taking delivery of a 2021 at the same time others will be receiving their 2022s will be a bit annoying, not gonna lie.
If June-July turns into July-Sept, lets hope that Tesla at least makes it a 2022 model year. Not many people buying a $100k car would accept a 2021 in September 2021. Unless of course it's a leftover 2021 at a discount
My comments are 90% tongue in cheek if you haven't figured that out.....

Reactions: Moose57
3 months newer but still a 2021. If we receive our cars in June-July, then many 2022 models will be on the roads within a few months or less. A few years ago, I got my 2018 MB in August 2017. Taking delivery of a 2021 at the same time others will be receiving their 2022s will be a bit annoying, not gonna lie.
If June-July turns into July-Sept, lets hope that Tesla at least makes it a 2022 model year. Not many people buying a $100k car would accept a 2021 in September 2021. Unless of course it's a leftover 2021 at a discount
This raises a good point. Never thought of that. I wonder if Tesla will be doing anything about that since we're already nearing half way through the year.

On average per auto company, when do the new year models get released? Is it generally Q1?

- MS LR Feb 5th order, SoCal. ETA still says July.

Reactions: Drew-MS
That's such a good point I didn't consider it. I just made my order a few hours ago. Is there a way to add a trade in back after I've completed an order with loan already? Or do I need a dealer to help me out
Keep in mind potential tax consequences. In NY, the value of your trade is taken off the sales price which lowers your tax owed amount. For me, a friend of mine bought my car, he bought it for the amount Tesla was offering plus the $2k in tax savings I would have gotten via trade in. This is a state specific item so it may not apply for you.

This raises a good point. Never thought of that. I wonder if Tesla will be doing anything about that since we're already nearing half way through the year.

On average per auto company, when do the new year models get released? Is it generally Q1?

- MS LR Feb 5th order, SoCal. ETA still says July.
August or September is typical.

Curious if half of us get 2022 tesla model s and the other half get 20221.
Don't know if it's true, but a local Tesla Showroom Mgr told me that Tesla only designates the MY in Dec, so supposedly, all of these new "refreshed" MS/MX will be 2021 (or 2021.5) if delivered sometime this year before Dec. I disagree with this policy as so many other auto mfgr's come out with "new" (next year) models in Aug, Sept, Oct and many before that...and call it next year's model.

My RN is 1142 and the "edit design" option has been gone for months. I had to call my SA to change the color from white to red. She said that it shouldn't affect my place in line but having read some prior posts, I am now concerned that it has.
I have a good buddy who has worked for Tesla for a long time and he laughs when people think there is this imaginary "line". Literally, then they make your vehicle along with all others with your same specs is when you will get your car. Changing your color, tires, interior doesn't move your place in line for making the change; now if you go from white to red and they make all the red cars last, then you will be last. Simple as that. Everyone wants there to be this master queue and it doesn't exist that way. Cheers.

I have a good buddy who has worked for Tesla for a long time and he laughs when people think there is this imaginary "line". Literally, then they make your vehicle along with all others with your same specs is when you will get your car. Changing your color, tires, interior doesn't move your place in line for making the change; now if you go from white to red and they make all the red cars last, then you will be last. Simple as that. Everyone wants there to be this master queue and it doesn't exist that way. Cheers.
Here's to hoping the MSM is first in line haha

Keep in mind potential tax consequences. In NY, the value of your trade is taken off the sales price which lowers your tax owed amount. For me, a friend of mine bought my car, he bought it for the amount Tesla was offering plus the $2k in tax savings I would have gotten via trade in. This is a state specific item so it may not apply for you.
Yup good point. I would normally trade in to get the tax break. My plan was to trade-in my P100D but Tesla’s offer was laughable. It was so bad that it still made more sense to sell privately and pay full tax on the plaid. I sold it for $16k more than Tesla’s offer.
Edit: $17k more.

Last edited:
Reactions: sflgator

What if 10 people want a Blue Long Range and they have produced 5. How do they decide who gets them? There must be some kind of queue.

Reactions: cusetownusa
I got a dellliivvvvvveerrrryyyyyy.

Ok so it wasn't a MS. But it was Tesla stuff lol. Only to find out the power bank won't work for me because it's a lightning connector that's built in. Lol. Oh well.

But the mug looks pretty awesome.

Something to tide me over in my wait. 5 weeks in. Getting closer I hope to that 10-14 week estimate. We'll see. I'm hoping for May still. They get those double shifts going and pump some out to beat all these MB etc nonsense that's happening.

20210413_192457.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Drew-MS
Some people might decide to wait for a 2022. If I had the choice to accept a 2021 in September or wait 2-3 more months for a 2022, I’d definitely wait. Even if the 2021 and 2022 are exactly the same. The 2022 will be worth more in a few years.
Edit: if leasing, it’s irrelevant.

Overthinking it. Just get the vehicle when you want and enjoy it. I would only wait if there was a functional advantage like adding hover mode or something,