Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
List of grievances:

• Musk says at the end of Jan production begins in a couple of weeks (X)
  • Musk says he will do a call for a product unveiling "probably next week" (X)
  • Tesla literally waits one week past the end of March to give any update on timeline - with no context (X)
  • Timeline given was July - SAs have no clue what's happening and haven't been told (X)
  • We have to wait another ~4 weeks to hear anything from Elon and its only during an earnings call (X)
  • "Probably start production next month [May]" (X)
  • Timelines for even early orders are updated to August, so far none in June (X)
  • Tesla again continues to fail to inform the SAs on what's happening (X)
  • Tesla is starting to remove features they've already advertised with the vehicle (X)
  • Nearly 4 months after the announcement of initial deliveries, still no product reveal with feature set presentations for $90 - $120k+ cars. (X)
  • Through all of this: no communication from the CEO who has probably tweeted over 100 times+ since March. (X)
  • No apology, consolation or anything to assure customers we are spending on our money in the right place. (X)(X)(X)

So basically, haven't cancelled yet because of a charging network and I want an EV. Hmm...
Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. If it wasn’t for six years of experience driving what I feel is clearly the best car on the road and expectations that the new version will be even better, I’d have cancelled my order long ago.

Reactions: omarsultan
Ordered March 10th, MSLR white on black with arachnids. Was 10 to 14 weeks, now August.

I'm fine with August if it is a real date... But damn I want some in depth reviews to hold me over until then. What are all the upgrades that they haven't shared with us? Is the connectivity upgraded to 5g? How good is the active noise cancellation with the 21 inch wheels? Will the os update bring more music services? How does the yoke and no stalks feel to the average driver...

I want to know all of the details!

Reactions: JADCa and PWRUP
@AnselmDante - I think you're wrong about the truck crowd. Will they need to be won over? Sure. But they will enjoy the power and torque absolutely. What I think truck people (not just hillbillies) hate about Tesla people is their arrogance and "hoiler than thou" attitude with all their dumbass vanity plates.
If we were talking Toyota or GMC truck owners I'd agree, but Ford truck fan boys are a special kind of stubborn.

Ordered 2/1, 1144, LR Red/Write (changed from white/white two weeks ago) says "-" still.

I assume that means September or later. At this point, going to see what develops with the tax credit before taking delivery.

Also hoping for a chance to try the Rivian roadshow test drives out. Those likely won't start until July at the earliest.

Why would it mean September or later to have a "-"?

Why would it mean September or later to have a "-"?

WAG - Wild Ass Guess

I mean, assuming Tesla has any type of actual system in place on how they are ordering these reservations (big if), then based on what we've seen so far, just guessing the August slots are the first to be filled up, with the rest of us jerks coming after that for various reasons (location being one big one).

No idea - but it is Tesla. Also - they could just have a list of reservation numbers printed out on the wall with a monkey wearing a blind fold throwing darts at them. Whichever the monkey hits with a dart gets "August". Finally - who really cares because these estimates are probably just as accurate as the "July" some of us have had for almost 2 months.

Ordered LR on 3/3. Went from 4-10 weeks initially to “-“ after changing color. Then went to “” for awhile. Then back to “-“. Nothing changed today, still “-“.

I think that the “-“ only happens when you change something after ordering. No idea why that happens but I don’t think it means much.
I’ve had - since I placed the order and haven’t changed anything since. Still -

Not going to lie - I don't think they are as "world changing" as they used to be. For example, I think the Ford Mustang Mach E drives better and is built better than the Model Y (so is the ID4 for that matter).

What Telsa has on everyone's head right now is the charging network and integrated tech (map with charging spot info + navigation with charging, and a mostly useful app that works correctly most of the time).

This isn't 2015, Tesla isn't as far ahead of competitors as you think. Quite frankly, if Electrify America didn't suck so much ass, I'd be on board 100% with a Rivian or Ford F-150 Lightning (which Im putting a deposit down on if I can next week).

Unrelated to delivery dates, but relevant to Tesla: Nio sold more crossovers than Tesla in China last month. No doubt Tesla makes great products, but their hit and miss build quality and, most importantly, their arrogance when it comes to customers is starting to hurt them.