Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, Elon came to me in a dream last night. He told me it wasn't a dream, and that he selected my RN because it was the same as the number of people who have sent him angry emails about his decision to say words that tanked BTC yesterday. Turns out, that the SAs are all AI bots, and each have specific information that they are programmed to push to different users at different times, in order to keep them speculating and occupied while the engineers figure out how to make the refreshed Model S. He also controls all of the drone footage of the flyovers, which is why he is cool with them happening, and anytime you see an S, it is actually a cardboard mock-up. And the mules, those are really mopeds with a hologram around them, also planted to create a stir when shared by "sources known to tesla" see them. The source code in the order pages have easter-egg plants, designed for programming nerds to analyze and conjecture, and draw conclusions that make those unfamiliar feel like they can see the matrix. He finished by telling me that when the S actually does arrive, it will come with the latest Neurolink device they have developed, to make us forget about the fact that they spent 6 months (and counting) telling people when production and deliveries were going to happen, replacing it with this message:

"Hey, bros, we are going to make the coolest freaking car that has ever been available for purchase to mortals. It is going to take a min, but if you trust us and wait it out, we will let you know as soon as it is ready. FOR SURE don't sell your cars based on our speculation that they will be ready in March, because we recognize our limitations, and appreciate the gravity of our undertaking, and have no concept of how long that will actually take. It would really be a *sugary-move to sell you an aspirational date as a reality, and we don't want to do that to you. But hold on, it will be worth it!"

Not sure if anyone had the same dream

Ordered 2/1, 1144, LR Red/Write (changed from white/white two weeks ago) says "-" still.

I assume that means September or later. At this point, going to see what develops with the tax credit before taking delivery.

Also hoping for a chance to try the Rivian roadshow test drives out. Those likely won't start until July at the earliest.

Last edited:
On Tesla.com, estimated delivery for an LR order is September-October. For a Plaid, August-September.
As everyone who has ordered already should have priority, I would think the times reported on Tesla.com for "new" orders are at least a month or two optimistic.

The stock price seems to be reflecting the delays in getting things going also, under $600.

For the longest time you naysayers were just wrong -perhaps even being punished for your commentary about Tesla- as my order from around March 1 was consistently 4-11 weeks. Now it is "August."

Your Model S
View Build Details

Close

Your Model S build details​

• Model S Long Range
  • Midnight Silver Metallic
  • 19" Tempest Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
  • Yoke Steering
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
If you would like to make a change it may affect your delivery date and may be subject to a fee.
Reservation NumberRN1146XXXXX
Price$93,490
(Excludes tax, registration, discounts and fees)
Estimated Delivery: August
We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

Total clown show and it's only just begun for me. I know this much, my current lease is up 10/5...my estimated delivery shifts again and I'm gonna have to cancel and I'll probably stay with Mercedes. Been getting bombarded with "6 month pull through" offers for weeks now. I don't want to cancel, but I will need a car eventually.
I had a whole plan...sold my car before a deployment, came home and bought my wife a new Subaru Ascent, and planned to be driving her 2010 Honda Accord for a short time while waiting for the new S. I was expecting March for that, and now it is at least August. And the Honda knows I am getting an EV, and has decided to throw all kinds of *sugar to make me invest in keeping it alive. REALLY hope the S is as amazing as it is supposed to be

Sorry for everyone whose accounts changed to August but at least they didn't change to Sept or Oct at this point and now that they're starting production (maybe, not sure, but the signals seems to point that way), perhaps this update will be the last. I just checked my account and it still says July. Ordered my MS Plaid (color & options in signature) on 2/5/21, RN11446.

Since I ordered a few days - a week after some others whose accounts now changed to August, I still have to wonder what some of the other factors go into the the decision-making on which vehicles go into the 1st batch (or 2nd batch) of product and deliveries and which ones get pushed off until after? In addition, it's been reported that some people (maybe people NOT on TMC) have already seen their Tesla accounts change to JUNE delivery...maybe the VIPS and those that ordered well before refresh announcement for June deliveries? Don't know.

One thing that Tesla should absolutely do (which they won't) is change the model year of these vehicles to 2022 but they won't until Dec, 2021 deliveries go out.

Last edited:
Reactions: T-Racer and Moose57
Ordered March 22nd, was 10-14 weeks, now also August.

They're just pushing it out further again. Won't be surprised if it move to September or later.

Yeah, exactly. Unless we see a very small collection in "June" a 6+ week buffer is just to shut everyone up. Means nothing. If they were truly ready for production, why would it take 6 more weeks to get it going?

Since I ordered a few days - a week after some others whose accounts now changed to August, I still have to wonder what some of the other factors go into the the decision-making on which vehicles go into the 1st batch (or 2nd batch) of product and deliveries and which ones get pushed off until after?
Right below the delivery time frame notification, it states "Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

Not that I trust this is factual or anything.:rolleyes:

They kicked the can down the road, RN1144, ordered 2/5, 1-31 March , then March, then July, now August.
Tesla literally has no idea what they are doing. Originally it was deliveries to start in February, not they haven’t a clue when they will start. Could be next year unless we start seeing them leaving the factory in droves.

Reactions: MiamiEvKing
Right below the delivery time frame notification, it states "Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

Not that I trust this is factual or anything.:rolleyes:
Maybe it’s just me, but wouldn’t the delivery time frame be more related to WHEN THEY START BUILDING THE FRICKIN’ CARS???

Reactions: T-Racer