Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And then there is the Microsoft Windows license model. They have low cost OEM versions tied to the system board that can not be transferred. They also have a higher priced retail version that you can transfer to a new machine.
Yeah, there are a number of other models. One other approach that I think has some merit is that your $10K buys you a perpetual, transferrable license for a specific version (i.e. FSD 3.x) but if you want to move to FSD 4.x there will be an upgrade fee--I think that does a reasonable job of balancing. preserving value for the buyer and the ability of Tesla to fund bug fixes and feature development. That approach might also make the subscription more appealing as those folks always get access to the latest version of FSD.

Last edited:
Confirmed. Screen does NOT tilt but "source" says it absolutely does not affect the user experience for the driver or passenger!!

A source that I actually know and trust and was in the car this morning and NOT a SA LOL

Come on @boonedocks you're about to be the most popular man on the forum/planet. What else ya got?!

Come on @boonedocks you're about to be the most popular man on the forum/planet. What else ya got?!
Trying to put some good stuff out with all the fodder to keep us entertained while not hurting my long term friendship with my first SA that has moved his way up the food chain.

Not a whole lot better than the website but a shot of the Selfie Camera
4639F1E7-A8E1-4BF6-A97A-797C8CF729DA_4_5005_c.jpeg

FSD stays with the car, unless the car is traded back to Tesla. Tesla has been known to remove FSD in the cars they auction to used Tesla dealers.

Genuine question, if Tesla gives me the same trade-in value as other dealers, should it matter what they do with the car after I get paid? 🤔 In theory, this would let them offer higher trade-in values because they have a potential up sell to FSD again on the other side.

Jeez - folds and layers of *sugar*. If it is indeed padding/dampening, hell yeah I'd love to have it!
With that much noise dampening PLUS noise cancellation PLUS the ride on 255/45/19 285/45/19 R tires the LR should be one H*LL of a sweet ride. Our BMW 7 series cars were so much quieter and smoother riding / driving than any of our Model S' so I am super excited for my LR to show up for my ~100 mile a day commute.

Last edited:
Genuine question, if Tesla gives me the same trade-in value as other dealers, should it matter what they do with the car after I get paid? 🤔 In theory, this would let them offer higher trade-in values because they have a potential up sell to FSD again on the other side.
As a seller, you don't care what they do to the car after it's sold.

Tesla offers higher trade-in values for cars with FSD. Not $10K higher, of course.

Reactions: HumanInput