Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My account is still not showing any est date range, but I've already accepted a likely July or Aug delivery so anything sooner would be a nice surprise. Although I think they're going to commit to the 6/10/21 "delivery event" now, I still only think a small portion of MS Plaid orders will actually be delivered in June...maybe VIPs, Tesla employees, and super early pre-refresh announcement orders.

This is my first Tesla so again, I'm not sure how it all works; seems completely haphazard and random...like they literally just conduct their deliveries on the fly and see the process as a completely fluid situation hyping things up and up only to move the goalposts further and further back without even an ounce of care for their customers. The vehicle itself may in fact over-deliver on performance and technology, but the company and it's ordering/delivery process is absolutely a complete failure. It's difficult to fathom that in 10+ years (and don't tell me it's more like just the fast few years starting from the M3 launch...b.s. -- they've been manufacturing, selling, and delivering EVs for 10 years!), Tesla Motors has not learned that it's truly better to under-promise and over-deliver on everything!
My first MS was delayed from the original pickup date. Told me early March when I ordered, then nothing, then a few days before it was supposed to be delivered they said Mar 25, 2015, then the day before “we’ll be in touch when it’s ready”. Eventually delivered March 28. So some unnecessary plane reservation changes and frustration. But the six years with that car more than made up for it. Also watching it play out again is why I don’t care what my “estimated delivery” window is, since blank is just as informative as a date range.

It's interesting in yesterday's flyover. All the MS are pretty much gone except for those that were parked by the train tracks that are incredibly dirty (and those have been moved to the logistics lot). But there's significantly less MS at the factory now. I'm wondering if they're all headed now on trucks for the "nationwide" delivery event. Makes since if it's just software hold up and some programer said we can't deliver I've got this one last thing to fix.

That would make 6/10/21 work pretty well since an East Coast delivery would work if shipped at the end of last week. LRS for THE win 🙌🏻🙌🏻🤣😂😅

Since we are waiting another week, I'll ask for some delivery advice just to stay kinda on topic. What are the 2-3 must haves or do for your model S upon taking delivery? (screen protector?, drive for Sentry mode, etc.) I see all of these posted videos but can't tell if these people are just selling sponsored goods.
Two things I already suggested earlier: any UMC adaptors you need and the paint touch-up kit.

Beyond that OptiCoat, the other major things I get:

Two things I already suggested earlier: any UMC adaptors you need and the paint touch-up kit.

Do you have a preferred tint manufacturer?

All Carbon Fiber - August
White - August
Not sure I'm buying the theories on the CF trim panels and white vegan leather interior; Tesla is still pumping out M3 and MY vehicles with white interiors and we've seen many MS LR & Plaids with white interiors in the drone flyovers, although white exterior MS vehicles seem to be rare (from what we've seen outside the Fremont facility) but again, it's not like they ran out of white paint. I don't think anyone truly knows the reasons for their crazy "expected delivery" time frames except perhaps those Tesla employees actually working on building and QC'ing the vehicles.

and how to do feel about seat protection (ceramic, etc.) for white interiors?

Reactions: doubleshot
Website now says “White or Carbon Fiber deliveries begin in August”. Ugh now I’m wondering if this is for ALL orders or just the ones from here on out.

I’ve been very patient this far but I’m beginning to reach the end of my line with the utter lack of anything concrete.

I need a car more than I need the white interior. However given the choice I’d rather have the white interior. Tesla’s lack of communication at this point is causing me to contemplate compromising on the choice of my car in order to potentially secure a car in a timely manner. I’m spending $90k+ on this thing. I don’t want to get inside every day and ruminate not getting the white interior. At the same time, having to wait till August or later is also a no-go. Ughhh makes me so frustrated!