Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this will be an alien concept to the Tesla faithful, but it would be good for Ford to underset expectations on range as they introduce in a whole new community to EVs. It will not take too many "my truck left me stranded on the side of the road" stories to give EVs a bad rep among buyers.
Be fair - that's been Ford's motto for a long time - Found On Road Dead. This will just be another excuse for them.

Have to agree. It just feels like they are being ignored. Tesla has a plan and is sticking to it. They know exactly what they are doing to the LR orders. They are pushing them aside but not ignoring.
They may not be ignoring the LR orders but as you say, it feels like they are ignoring us.

I wonder if LA has anything to do with it. I’m out in LA (noticed you’re Redondo) and we both are of the few who still have June MSLR delivery dates. Did you get FSD too? I ordered on 1/22 and it just says “June”.
Being in LA has nothing to do with it - I'm in Torrance and have a blank delivery date. In fact, "Estimated Delivery Date" doesn't appear on my account. In speaking with the Del Amo store's supervisor this morning, he could give no rhyme or reason as to why some of you have delivery dates while most of us don't. My MSLR with FSD was ordered on 11/24/20 though I didn't order the more expensive wheels since I was going for range.

Have to agree. It just feels like they are being ignored. Tesla has a plan and is sticking to it. They know exactly what they are doing to the LR orders. They are pushing them aside but not ignoring.
I feel the Model S refresh is typically generalized as Plaid. So no matter what variant, it's commercialized as Plaid given the hype around it.

I feel the Model S refresh is typically generalized as Plaid. So no matter what variant, it's commercialized as Plaid given the hype around it.

True, seems it should be the other way around as its a 1 second difference and not that many people go 200mph right? The refresh itself, hopefully quality is there, and range should be key in the EV market. 0-60 headlines are going to fade more and more as they become commonplace.

Sorry, I disagree with that. My extra $40k or whatever says differently. I'm certain though that there will be thousands of new refresh MS LR owners that rush online to order & stick on their PLAID designations on their car trunks to be the posers they are. HUGE difference between ~ dual motor 770 HP/TQ LR and the tri-motor 1,020 HP/TQ PLAID with carbon sleeved motor rotors and torque vectoring. I think people "in the know" understand the differences between the two variations of the new refresh MS and the LR is not being commercialized as the high-performance PLAID. The PLAID is the PLAID and the LR is not.

I think there is a lot of truth to this. The refresh project was called Palladium, and I think folks outside of Tesla are getting confused or being sloppy and calling everything "Plaid"

Sorry, I disagree with that. My extra $40k or whatever says differently. I'm certain though that there will be thousands of new refresh MS LR owners that rush online to order & stick on their PLAID designations on their car trunks to be the posers they are. HUGE difference between ~ dual motor 770 HP/TQ LR and the tri-motor 1,020 HP/TQ PLAID. I think people "in the know" understand the differences between the two variations of the new refresh MS and the LR is not being commercialized as the high-performance PLAID. The PLAID is the PLAID and the LR is not.
This poser will not be adding the Plaid badge to my LR.

I feel like this is being exaggerated. A 1k difference will not make 165 miles difference in range. With a big vehicle like this, city vs highway might, though. And Ford uses a GOM.
Which is why I qualified it by stating it is basically vaporware at this point. They haven't even gone into production and if they hit 300 miles I will be impressed.

Reactions: jsight