Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In addition to removing the Plaid badge, will you repaint the red calipers to grey?
AAAABch_ydpQMjRRq971ZL7T2kwqyIlI30YGuSKgiZX2Q97yUOtyfXYD55WbvBg96upFLlEiq_ku7XDXHSc3EQIUlWQYjM...png

😂

I love you all.

Though, some of ya'll need to seek professional help. We've got people on here complaining about industry-leading, groundbreaking tech in a car (GPU/CPU/APU) because they think it's used to only play video games, when in reality, that is short-sighted, and it's easy to see limitless possibilities for the UI/software team to create an awesome experience with this processing power as well.

Also - I still check my account 100x a day, even when I was on vacay, and still nothing. I'm just waiting for 6/10 (if it happens). All the speculating at this point is just complete non-sense between a truck (LOL), people getting angry over things that no one has confirmed ("I ordered in October, I can't believe people who ordered in April are getting it first!" LOL), and debating how much of a poser @GrnSqrl is because he is getting a Plaid badge.

Ya'll - just chill for another week (or two, or 8).

I don't really understand this whole poser designation. I have two Plaids on order and one LR. I will buy whatever configuration comes the soonest. If I end up with the Plaid, removing the Plaid badge will be the first thing I do. I don't want to advertise that I dropped an additional $40K on the car. I just think it looks cleaner, but I will appear to be pretending to be a LR Model S. Does that make me a poser?

Agree with this……..Still won’t help your increased insurance rate tho 🤣😂

😂

I love you all.

Though, some of ya'll need to seek professional help. We've got people on here complaining about industry-leading, groundbreaking tech in a car (GPU/CPU/APU) because they think it's used to only play video games, when in reality, that is short-sighted, and it's easy to see limitless possibilities for the UI/software team to create an awesome experience with this processing power as well.

Also - I still check my account 100x a day, even when I was on vacay, and still nothing. I'm just waiting for 6/10 (if it happens). All the speculating at this point is just complete non-sense between a truck (LOL), people getting angry over things that no one has confirmed ("I ordered in October, I can't believe people who ordered in April are getting it first!" LOL), and debating how much of a poser @GrnSqrl is because he is getting a Plaid badge.

Ya'll - just chill for another week (or two, or 8).
Welcome back @Tigers!

Is this the new cream interior?
If so, I think it looks great but I hate the renders on Tesla.com. I would never consider cream based on Tesla’s website, but if it looks like this it is a definite consideration.

View attachment 668443
These are pics of the cream interior on our 2020 Model X (picked up Dec 2019). The two darker are in the garage. The carseat one is outside in direct sunlight. The other is in the Tesla lot on a sunny day.

I would take new pics but the X was rear ended and has been in the shop since 2/8 (same day I placed an order for a new one).

Attachments

• B578FE81-492C-4A07-8326-215C177CBF7A.jpeg
    B578FE81-492C-4A07-8326-215C177CBF7A.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 59387DC3-2F39-4F16-9A7E-4B81785D05D6.jpeg
    59387DC3-2F39-4F16-9A7E-4B81785D05D6.jpeg
    802.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 16D09C15-DF75-4D2B-9FDA-39D65EF600D3.jpeg
    16D09C15-DF75-4D2B-9FDA-39D65EF600D3.jpeg
    292.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 79B943CE-3E07-4146-9823-667358ABF230.jpeg
    79B943CE-3E07-4146-9823-667358ABF230.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 39
I don't really understand this whole poser designation. I have two Plaids on order and one LR. I will buy whatever configuration comes the soonest. If I end up with the Plaid, removing the Plaid badge will be the first thing I do. I don't want to advertise that I dropped an additional $40K on the car. I just think it looks cleaner, but I will appear to be pretending to be a LR Model S. Does that make me a poser?
I’ll probably do the same or chrome delete. If I remov, I’ll list it on eBay and start the auction at $100 lol. Let’s see the posers outbid each other 😁

Would not put stock in what he says. Sounds like he is not sure and just spouting what he heard or read on the internet. Wait until the 10th and see what movement, if any, happens.

Which location? If you are talking about Owings Mills, I wouldn't put a whole lot of faith in the information.

Which location? If you are talking about Owings Mills, I wouldn't put a whole lot of faith in the information.

whoops sorry for that new to the blog. I texted an SA yesterday before calling tesla local store and today I received a call back from a new rep out in california. She told me that I should expect sept-oct is what it is saying now. I asked if changing the interior would speed it up or making a new order would help and she did not think it would. She said they are prioritizing plaid orders and made it seem if I ordered a plaid now I would have before the LR ordered in Feb. Unfortunately have to leave to country in October for 4 months so I guess I will have to cancel the order as they will not hold. If you have a blank date and an LR model I hate to say it but you might be SOL.. At this point, as a first time Tesla buyer, due to situations out of my control I will be looking elsewhere. I asked if any reason for the delay and was only told that it's their first refresh in awhile so it is taking awhile to make the cars. My car has not been made yet nor many LRs according to her.

Who knows if she knows alot but at this point im completely over the car and will look towards other companies. It was a dream to own and one day I will buy but this is just unacceptable. Would not surprise me if some people will wait for over a year for the car.

I never understood this mentality. I saw this all the time with M cars and AMGs. Those in the know will know IMMEDIATLY its not an M or an AMG and those who don't, couldn't care less if you put LMNOP on the back of the car. Such a cheeseball move. I actually like to de-badge.
I ALWAYS de-badge for two reasons:

1) You don't want every stop light to be a street race
2) When you have it, and use it, they will know....

The trade-in from Tesla was greater than other 3rd parties for me. They held through a couple renews until I gave up. Also I get a sales tax break with trading in.
That is surprising and definitely not the norm. I have tried to trade several cars to Tesla, and without exception Vroom.com and Carvana have always offered several thousand more than Tesla. The sales tax benefit is also only applicable in certain states. No such tax benefit exists in California.