Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For all you peacockers blowing an extra $40k for the Plaid to get to 60 in .2 seconds faster, the hilarious part is that it seems literally non of the commoners can even tell the difference between which cars are plaid and which aren't. Talk about a waste of money! Now you won't even be able to peacock!
Why the need to bash other people's choices? I don't understand. My comment applies to either group disrespecting the other.
Mark

My MSLR March order - blank since the day I placed order.
MS Plaid order placed a week ago- went from June to “June 24-30” delivery
It’s dishonest of Tesla to do this. People are waiting since last November with blank delivery.. and Plaid orders placed a week ago have delivery in June. They clearly don’t care.

For all you peacockers blowing an extra $40k for the Plaid to get to 60 in .2 seconds faster, the hilarious part is that it seems literally non of the commoners can even tell the difference between which cars are plaid and which aren't. Talk about a waste of money! Now you won't even be able to peacock!
Don’t assume people are only buying the Plaid for the prestige value, or as you say for peacocking purposes. I’m still on the fence and haven’t decided if I think the Plaid is worth the extra money. As you say, it is a significant sum to pay for the limited differentiation that is not readily noticeable.

For me, I would consider the Plaid knowing that I am purchasing the fastest production car in the world at a fraction of the cost of its ICE hypercar counterparts. It is all about performance and not about impressing people with a badge or showing people that I dropped an extra $40k. I would actually de-badge the car and have no desire advertising that I’m driving a Plaid. It’s about knowing that I own the highest performance model and never wanting for more.

I’m just the kind of guy that always wants the best of something and usually end up regretting it when there is another version that offers some additional performance or features that I didn’t buy. Money is relative and we are not all in the same place financially. To some people $40k is a years salary and to others it might be a single day in the market. Don’t knock other people’s choices because your financial situation might dictate that the extra $40k is a foolish decision. We all derive value from different things and there is no reason for you to bash other people for making a decision that might affect them in a different way.

I keep waffling and haven’t yet decided if it would be a foolish decision in my situation. I’m waiting until Thursday to see if there are any additional features we haven’t yet heard about. I’m sure I would be happy with either version.

Last edited:
My Wall Connector install is $1,200. I’m in Orlando where it’s generally cheap to get stuff done.

This was the cheapest of the standard three bids I solicited.

The steep price is the result of 100 feet of #6 Romex to get from my panel, through the attic, then down to the Wall Connector.
I paid FPL Home Services $421 here in S FL...I suggest you call some other electricians. That's crazy, unless they have to something more complicated for you and run wires all through your attic or whatever.

Tesla Delivery Monkey be like:
49A78C7E-BE4A-4FE9-B571-BDEBB416BDE2.jpeg