Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I certainly agree but I still can’t figure out how to do it. Please enlighten.
Click your Avatar / screen name on the top right and then click Signature under reactions received.
80421340-F122-45B2-A67A-D744069AB5E9.jpeg

Then put your details in the signature box and save.
3D4ABAA4-2A6F-4CF1-8D26-54845636B950.jpeg

Yeah. Im in the business and both have gone up on average of 30% over just the past 3-4 months. Wood being the exception with has actually tripled in some parts of the country. I could write pages on this but I digress. My concern for the team here is they get a fair price and not a price assocaited with the name “Tesla”.

If you are getting the wall connector and and parts and labor for between $1300-1700 that is more reasonable but in general:

100ft of 6/3 wire wholesale is $250
60A gfci breaker is $90.
Misc parts for panel wiring and wall penetrations: $30

material costs wholesale: ~$370

labor these days is running $40-65 an hour for an electrician. This install is a 1/2 day job max. 2 people.

$320 to 520 labor

10%-20% markup for Overhead and profit.

For a 100ft install (which is a fairly long distance for install) you should be looking at $750 to $1100 without the connector. With the connector add $500 but I assume installers are getting a wholesale price from Tesla of around $420.
Good luck to all.
Yeah. Im in the business and both have gone up on average of 30% over just the past 3-4 months. Wood being the exception with has actually tripled in some parts of the country. I could write pages on this but I digress. My concern for the team here is they get a fair price and not a price assocaited with the name “Tesla”.

If you are getting the wall connector and and parts and labor for between $1300-1700 that is more reasonable but in general:

100ft of 6/3 wire wholesale is $250
60A gfci breaker is $90.
Misc parts for panel wiring and wall penetrations: $30

material costs wholesale: ~$370

labor these days is running $40-65 an hour for an electrician. This install is a 1/2 day job max. 2 people.

$320 to 520 labor

10%-20% markup for Overhead and profit.

For a 100ft install (which is a fairly long distance for install) you should be looking at $750 to $1100 without the connector. With the connector add $500 but I assume installers are getting a wholesale price from Tesla of around $420.
Good luck to all.
I’m not an expert but my brother in law is on this topic and he installed my charger. He told me to buy 6/2 wire, not 6/3 which will say a little. I needed 150 feet to get from panel to garage.

I understand why people want the plaid. The extra speed and all. But for an extra 40k I would want it to look noticeably hotter. With only Painted calipers and a spoiler to differentiate the 2 vehicles, makes the plaid look the same as LR. An S Mercedes is a nice car but when you pay for the AMG S model, it looks like a really awesome car. You can tell it’s special just by seeing it.

but if you love the extra acceleration, I do get it. I have owned many sports cars. For myself I am buying this more for owning a nice sedan. If LR was 0-60 in 4 seconds, it wouldn’t have deterred me. I have owned very fast cars that didn’t do 3.1 seconds.
both models are outstanding values for the performance you receive. Buy what you like and can afford. To debate this is silly. People buy what they prefer.

Ok, I get your point. And I agree I wish the car looked more exotic for that price tag. However if it did it would probably wind up costing the car more and the drag coefficient (.2) may be impacted. But i completely agree on that point. If there is one downside, the look is still rather plain. Compare it to the C8 Corvette for example. Even thought the plaid will blow the doors probably off any new C8 variant, the looks of the C8 are 200% better than the model S. Given that, I still want the faster car.

My switch from Plaid Black/Black/Carbon to Plaid Black/Cream/Carbon has bumped me from June to nothing.
For your order it could be the carbon fiber shortage. If Tesla’s website is to be believed, we know the Black and Cream interiors are both June deliveries, so that shouldn't have made a difference.

Both of my Plaid orders have carbon fiber and I have a Blank delivery date for both. In my case it appears to be both a white interior problem and a carbon fiber problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leodoc
Thank you, this will be my first EV and learning a lot here. I had assumed I would have to buy and install the Tesla home charger, now I'll probably just have a 240V outlet installed in the garage like you did.
When I bought my 2015 Model S it came with all the plug adapters. When I bought our 2020 Model X it only came with the regular plug that charges 2-3 mph. Some adapters were on backorder at the time. I’m not sure if this is the case now but wanted to give a heads up just in case.

Reactions: GregE
@lbowroom , @EVonly , @sflgator

Y'all took a joke targeted at people who keep calling LR, "Plaid" way too personally 😂😂😂

It was just sarcasm. Now, based on that reaction, I really do wonder how insecure you all feel about your purchase... 😂🤔

Perhaps it wasn't as much of a joke as I thought! I'm sure the Plaid will have some other cool features for the price, but if you are all that insecure about it, maybe you should join us peasants in the LR line. 😊
I guess I am continuing to misinterpret your posts. Calling people insecure doesn't seem to be the right follow up to your original post which you say was just funny/sarcastic. However, I'll take you at your word, and since I like jokes and sarcasm, if that was what it was (and what this post is), then you have my appreciation.
Best,
Mark

Reactions: T-Racer
I’m not an expert but my brother in law is on this topic and he installed my charger. He told me to buy 6/2 wire, not 6/3 which will say a little. I needed 150 feet to get from panel to garage.
6/2 vs 6/3 is just how people in the biz talk. Some people say 6/2 with a ground. Some say 6/3 meaning 6/2 with a ground. 150 means your panel is likely on the outside of your house on the opposite end of the house. 150 is a very long way even for a two story home. Six of one half a dozen. Electrician buy wire/cable in 500ft or 1000ft spools for small jobs. They dont buy 100ft from home depot like the genrql public. Cheers