Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The roadster is going to be a 250Kish two seater. There will definitely be a market for something 100k cheaper and more practical.

And on that note, I really wish Tesla would make an affordable two-seater for performance. You can't tell me there isn't a market for a 60K version of the performance 3 coupe.
Technically it’s $200k and a 2+2, but that $200k price is only a reservation for a car, $50k of $200k price due at time of reservation for the base Roadster and all $250k down now for the Founder Series. None of that guarantees price at time of delivery as the price will be set once the configurator is available. The supposed reason to reserve one now is priority delivery, but as we’ve seen with the S they don’t exactly deliver the cars in order of date reserved.

I too just got the "Have you considered trading in your vehicle with your upcoming Tesla Purchase?"

One problem - I reserved a Plaid way back on Battery Day (which became the Plaid +), and when I was asked last week if I wanted to switch to regular Plaid, and I said NO.

I wonder if all Plaid+ reservations are being dumped into the regular Plaid waiting line now. Nothing has changed on my account page. Guess we'll find out more on Thursday.
Two months ago I submitted a trade-in value request on my current Model S and received an offer that was good through the end of May. I received a text two days ago that said: “Tesla Update - Your 2017 Tesla Model S is now worth $XX,XXX Following a recent jump in used cars values. Respond TRADE to lock in your new value and an advisor will update your account and provide next steps.” The new offer is several thousand $$ more than the previous offer.

Difference is that you are on the East Coast and he's on the West Coast
MattCharleston said:
Not to rain on your parade but I had that yesterday and now I'm back to August
legend_of_jim said:
LR Update!

March -> August -> June 1-31 -> August -> June 22-30 -> June 21-30 -> Blank -> June -> NOW June 21-30 as of this morning.
There are plenty of us Californians here that recently had June 22 - June 30 delivery dates and now have nothing. BLANK!

I wish @legend_of_jim had something to be excited about, but his new date is likely meaningless. I was in the same position last Thursday morning, ecstatic about my new narrow window that must be based on something concrete.

Tesla gave me that false hope and then shattered it to pieces within 48 hours.

Last edited:
Thanks. No. Considered it for about 1 second. :)

Looking at flights now. For anyone curious, invite came in at 9:45PM. Confirmation at 10:23 after discussing trip up with the family and seeing who wanted/could go with me. We are in SoCal. I was a Plaid+ reservation holder (from 9/22-Battery Day) but cancelled this afternoon at 4:24 and put in a new order for Plaid that was confirmed at 4:31. Lots of stuff happening today!

Oh, and my configuration is currently estimated for August. MSM + 21" + White + CF + FSD.
No invite on my end despite being in a similar boat. Must’ve (musk’ve? 😂) ran out in the batches because someone mentioned you can’t register anymore and get a message that it’s full.

Glad to see some of us early adopters with Plaid+ orders getting some love. Enjoy the event gents.
Wish this was the case, but it’s Soup Nazi for us all 😔 Sometimes it’s hard to feel like I even have a real order in and that the order system hasn’t randomly deleted it. Everyone in this thread is getting the same treatment, wait and like it. If it wasn’t for this thread, I would’ve bailed a while ago 😤

Still butt hurt about the Plaid+ and while I’m waiting for the Plaid, can’t say for sure Tesla will be the company I choose for my next car in 3-5 years. The competition is coming and the world might look very different then 😎

Of course, that’s before I experience limbic resonance 🏎💨

Reactions: TNGuy99 and T-Racer
I’m a bit confused. My account only shows a MVOA not a MVPA. Will that come later when I’m assigned a VIN? Congrats again and really appreciate all your efforts and wisdom.
When get passing a VIN and they are ready to set up payment, you'll get a notification and the MVPA will show up under documents. If you are getting the $2K adjustment, this is where you want to make sure it is captured--the second page of the MVPA is a detailed price sheet.

1623257728661.png

I expect a flood of delivery date updates to everyone’s account after the event today. Game on.
This. I am guessing everyone is scrambling getting cars and deliveries set up for tomorrow, so ignore date changes more than usual.

There are plenty of us Californians here that recently had June 22 - June 30 delivery dates and now have nothing. BLANK!

I wish @legend_of_jim had something to be excited about, but his new date is likely meaningless. I was in the same position last Thursday morning, ecstatic about my new narrow window that must be based on something concrete.

Tesla gave me that false hope and then shattered it to pieces within 48 hours.

I receive a date in the blank space in my account and it makes me excited - even know every fiber knows that is is *sugar* and will delete. Then when it does "surprise" me and deletes, I act all WTF and think that the dates all of a sudden mean something, True definition of insanity.

I receive a date in the blank space in my account and it makes me excited - even know every fiber knows that is is *sugar* and will delete. Then when it does "surprise" me and deletes, I act all WTF and think that the dates all of a sudden mean something, True definition of insanity.
I haven't had a date for so long I'm starting to think I may not even be on their list. I'll finally contact my SA for the first time in August, and they will say "Yeah, that $100 reservation is only for serious customers. You haven't bugged us or demanded any information."